SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#318568 - 03/07/11 11:28 AM Re: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
How about a break from the PA3 bashing, Scott?

The same question could just as easily be asked of ANY arranger out there, and, to be honest, the Tyros 3...

You know, I really love the enthusiasm of Yamaha T4 players, but it would be SO much better if, when the T3 came out, all of you expressed your disappointment so much more vocally (maybe as vocally as you are expressing your enthusiasm this time round)....

It's getting to be a bit of a 'reverse' crying wolf syndrome... If you keep being overly enthusiastic about EVERY Yamaha arranger that comes out, and it's not until the NEXT one comes out that we finally get to hear that the new one is 'what the old one SHOULD have been like' and so much better, etc., etc., eventually, people are going to get a bit blasé about ANY good Yamaha reviews.

As it was, I seem to remember being possibly almost the only guy that was commenting about how few T3 demos I was seeing (compared to T2) from both users AND the factory in the months after its release. Now, we get a new Yamaha rushed out on a much accelerated timetable, and it's only NOW we find out how much this was apparently needed.

Good reviews and enthusiasm are only as good as how 'balanced and fair' the previous ones were.

#318574 - 03/07/11 11:59 AM Re: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: Diki]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Diki
How about a break from the PA3 bashing, Scott?

Diki, who's bashing the PA3X? confused1
Certainly 'NOT' me.

My comment about the PA3X garnering the same or perhaps even more people posting YouTube videos certainly isn't a bash, so stop the ridiculous paranoia.

I'm actually as excited about what the PA3X will finally sound like when it's officially(?) released as any other Korg enthusiast is, and as far as the demos so far, I've already stated that I suspect it's Korg's 'asinine insistence' of demoing it through the PA3X's optional add-on speaker instead of the keyboard's line-outs, of which certainly doesn't show the keyboard's sound off at its best. I blame Korg for that.

I've got no allegiance to any single brand/model. My only allegiance is to my own ears, and if/when the PA3X pleases them, I'm on board with it.
But for now, bashing aside, I still maintain that Tyros 4 sounds better. cool

#318575 - 03/07/11 12:00 PM Re: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Wow, it's only been a month since I originally posted this thread and now the total 'Tyros 4' YouTube clip count has reached 1,130, up from the 962 total just a month back.

It'll be interesting to see if the Korg PA3X garners this amount (or more) enthusiasm from PA3X owners wanting to record and share their music on YouTube as well. cool

That's pretty impressive...I've had more emails pertaining to the Tyros4 than any other model before it...the Tyros2 was a close second, and the original Tyros (first year for mega voices)) did pretty good as well. The T3 did okay, but not quite to the level of the rest...actually, there was more interest in the PSR-S910 (still is!)

I suspect the YouTube traffic for the PA3X will be very good indeed...more importantly, there will be some forthcoming professional level demonstrations, which are sorely needed for Korg.

Ian

#318587 - 03/07/11 12:39 PM Re: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Thing is, if you are looking at Youtube traffic for confirmation of popularity, you are going to have to count all the Balkan and Middle Eastern demos that are going to get posted by Korg users...

To be honest, even though the PA2X was quite a good selling arranger, far fewer demos got put up than Tyros videos. Don't really know why... Maybe Korg users don't feel the need to show how much they like theirs by putting up demos? Maybe they are too busy gigging to do it? I really rather doubt it is because they are ashamed of the sound of it (or they would have bought a Yamaha in the first place!). Maybe they just don't have that Yamaha 'chip on the shoulder' some tend to demonstrate, despite them being the best selling arranger.

Who knows..?!

But if you want confirmation that you have the best arranger, looking to the number of Youtube demos seems a little grasping at straws. I thought you already KNEW you had the best arranger? wink

#318590 - 03/07/11 12:54 PM Re: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Is thing is and that said the same thing almost? Lol

#318592 - 03/07/11 12:55 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Personally, I don't see any Korg bashing going on at all.

It's just commentary, and, in Scott's case, a genuine interest in how well Korg will do with the PA3X...at least that's all I see in his posts.

It's easy enough to find something negative in anything if we look hard enough, or rather, if we need to look hard enough.

But, Diki is right about one thing...I'm too busy to be bothered with putting up demos...I'm having far too much fun exploring this cool new arranger.

Ian

#318595 - 03/07/11 12:57 PM Re: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Is thing is and that said the same thing almost? Lol

Donny...what does this mean?

#318596 - 03/07/11 01:00 PM Re: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: Scottyee]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
The Korg demo's are basically, mostly Mid-Eastern and I don't see that changing all that much. I seems like the Yamaha's are much more popular for Western music.

It's just an observation, I really don't know if it is true.

Also, it seems like a younger crowd goes for the PA. and they seem to not post much on Youtube.

#318602 - 03/07/11 01:37 PM Re: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: Scottyee]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
For me personally, I'd LOVE to see Korg make a killer Pa3xpro and be successful. Same with Ketron, Roland, et. al. I want them to succeed because if they succeed, I succeed. I don't consider myself a fanboy. I love equipment that does the job well and does it for a fair price and does it reliably.

Go Korg!
Go Roland!
Go Ketron!
Go Yamaha!

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#318604 - 03/07/11 01:46 PM Re: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
For me personally, I'd LOVE to see Korg make a killer Pa3xpro and be successful.

Me too! If Korg goes under, then what incentive would Yamaha have to keep making their arrangers more awesome.

Competition is what brought Korg, Yamaha, Roland and the like to the levels they are today.

Even if the PA3X is an incremental, but substantial upgrade, it should still make Korg players happy...it's meant more for the PA-500/800 and PA1Xpro players anyway...much like the T4 was for Tyros and Tyros2 users.

I really do hope they do well with this new keyboard....I can't see anyone losing, and only everyone gaining.

Ian

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online