SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#316049 - 02/10/11 02:10 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
When I put a piano on a split, though, I'm always having to take it down an octave. That middle section of the piano is where all the 'singing' goes on, and comping too, if you aren't letting the arranger do the comping.

Good players always play WITHIN what they have to work with, but let's face it... if Yamaha DID make a 76 Tyros, you can bet Peter Baartmans would be making the MOST of it!

For me, it's about playing what YOU want to play, rather than the instrument dictating it to YOU...

#316058 - 02/10/11 03:01 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: Tom NL

I don't post very often, but I just had to show you this one!

Peter Baartmans is demoing in a music store somewhere in the US, sitting on a crummy chair with the Tyros sitting on a crummy stand, but the music is still really, really great. Peter never seems to have an off day and always shows great professional skills. This could easily be a terrible demo, considering the way it is recorded. But to me this is yet an other example that the Tyros 4 still sounds terrific even in a non factory impromptu demo, using only the camera microphone.

Peter also seems to explain the basic workings of an arranger keyboard to the store employees laugh

Definitly one of the best Live demos of T4 to date. Can anyone honestly say there is a better sounding Arranger KB on the market today?....I don't IMO.

I think this is the best demo of the more 'practical' uses of the T4 ... I saw more stuff that could actually be used on a gig ...

#316061 - 02/10/11 03:06 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: spalding1968]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: spalding1968

This was a truly great demo Tom and shows just how inspirational these instruments can be. I hear so many complaints about the expense of an arranger compared to a workstation but in the arramnger you can jam with literally session musicians on tap day or night from Jazz, to latin to funk rock and classical music and everything in between. Worth every penny in my book.

Inspirational they can be...and, because you can put down ideas so quickly, literally a complete demo of a tune in almost the time it takes to play it, none of that valuable inspiration is lost.

Sure, they cost more, but having used workstations many times, just the advantage stated above, justifies the difference in price for me.

If I want more keys, I add a controller...if I want more powerful sequencing recording/ editing, I will use a PC program.

But, on it's own, without these "options", it sure pushes all the right buttons for me.

Plus, the sheer freedom to "jam with the band" (and any flavor of band) at any time of your choosing is just so cool.

Ian

#316063 - 02/10/11 03:16 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Scott, Ian,
OK I understand there are other violin voices ..BUT are they the quality of the SA2 one?
This would apply to the other SA2 voices too, If I don't want the SA2 articulations is there a way to turn it off or is there a equivelant voice that is the same quality without the automatic stuff happening?

#316066 - 02/10/11 03:40 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: leeboy]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: leeboy
If I don't want the SA2 articulations is there a way to turn it off
Lee, The SA2 voice 'velocity sensitive' articulation parameters can be easily adjusted, or turned off in the touch sensitivity (depth & offset) section of the 'Voice Set' menu. smile

#316068 - 02/10/11 03:48 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: tony mads usa]
Scottyee Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

I think this is the best demo of the more 'practical' uses of the T4 ... I saw more stuff that could actually be used on a gig

Tony, curious what 'specific practical things' you saw on that demo video weren't seen on others regarding 'actually being used on a gig'?

Anyway, this is exactly the way Peter plays in person one to one, as I experienced personally in my sessions spent with him, with him playing not only the Tyros, but Clavinova and grand pianos too. Peter's equally at home, reading music or improvising any genre of music, and on any keyboard he plays. It's important to realize it's the player's technical ability & creative musical imagination that counts far more than any keyboard alone. Playing on a Tyros 4 simply gives the opportunity for a fine player to maximize the keyboard's full potential. Here's one of my personally recorded video sessions with him demonstrating the Yamaha Avant Grand cool

#316069 - 02/10/11 03:49 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Adding a controller is just hauling one more piece of gear (plus cases, wires, stands etc.) to do something that a slightly larger keyboard in the first place would make unnecessary.

Just remember... you got used to the FSX because you now have one. You'd get VERY used to a 76, and all the possibilities they open up (remember, it ain't just about piano... how about three sounds with enough range to actually USE them? How about Rhodes or Wurli's full ranges..? how about an arranger section AND a full 61 for Hammond smears and dives?) if Yamaha made one that was any GOOD!

Never say never!

#316087 - 02/10/11 05:26 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Diki
Adding a controller is just hauling one more piece of gear (plus cases, wires, stands etc.) to do something that a slightly larger keyboard in the first place would make unnecessary.

Just remember... you got used to the FSX because you now have one. You'd get VERY used to a 76, and all the possibilities they open up (remember, it ain't just about piano... how about three sounds with enough range to actually USE them? How about Rhodes or Wurli's full ranges..? how about an arranger section AND a full 61 for Hammond smears and dives?) if Yamaha made one that was any GOOD!

Never say never!

I really don't mind hauling an "extra" piece of gear (and a soft case, a stand, two cables a pedal)...in my situation it would be an 88 note weighted action controller, probably a P-85/95...I prefer playing solo piano on the weighted action.

It's not a bother for me in any way. I know you would prefer having it "all in one", but that's where we differ.

In any case, having a 76 note Tyros (or any other arranger) wouldn't be of any real benefit to me, as the keys would be still semi-weighted (not weighted hammer).

All the things you need a 76'er for, aren't issues for me.

I used 76 note arrangers in the past...it wasn't hard to adjust to 61, and, just like 76 notes...I got used to 61.

I understand where you are coming from, but your needs and my needs are different.

That's one reason why I play a Tyros and you play a G-70.

Ian

#316088 - 02/10/11 05:38 PM Re: Wow: # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube: 962 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

I appreciate being able to easily hit the Tyros 4's conveniently located 'transpose button' whenever I need to play bass notes an octave lower. Coming from having 88 notes on my acoustic grand piano, it's been a relatively painless adjustment to do this for the instances I need that extra octave for solo piano play, and worth not having to transport 76 or 88 keys. smile

#318562 - 03/07/11 10:02 AM # of Tyros 4 Demos on YouTube now: 1,130 ! [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Wow, it's only been a month since I originally posted this thread and now the total 'Tyros 4' YouTube clip count has reached 1,130, up from the 962 total just a month back.

It's obvious there are many Tyros 4 owners out there excited to share their Tyros 4 music videos on YouTube.
I don't recall this level of arranger keyboard owner enthusiasm to post this many YouTube videos with any other arranger keyboard make/model in such a short time span (4-5 month), either now or in the past.
It's obvious from this, that Tyros 4 is truly inspiring musicians of all ages (from amateur to pro) to create and share their music on YouTube:

YouTube 'Tyros 4' Search Result: Last 30 Days

YouTube 'Tyros 4' Search Result: All

It'll be interesting to see if the Korg PA3X garners this amount (or more) enthusiasm from PA3X owners wanting to record and share their music on YouTube as well. cool

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online