SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#315042 - 02/02/11 03:05 PM Re: New product for Yamaha Tyros 4 [Re: Diki]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
It's the Keith Jarrett expansion pack....

organ

HEHEHEHEHE!

DonM

#315057 - 02/02/11 05:15 PM Re: New product for Yamaha Tyros 4 [Re: Bachus]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
OMG...that's great.when are they available and how much?
Hope they come with a signed photo and a video!
I'll take one.

#315119 - 02/03/11 04:22 PM Re: New product for Yamaha Tyros 4 [Re: leeboy]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Only problem with adding a second keyboard to a Tyros is, it only mirrors certain things. It's not like it is a completely programmable independent, splittable manual. I think you can get one extra sound, or NTA on the lower, but, if you use a dumb controller and expect the Tyros to store all what you want in the Registration, it falls a little short.

Better than nothing, but for organists using some of the better home organs, you may find it a tad restrictive. It's a shame, really, as it is ONLY software that needs updating to achieve this. If enough people clamor for it, PERHAPS Yamaha might consider an OS update?

#315151 - 02/03/11 09:12 PM Re: New product for Yamaha Tyros 4 [Re: Bachus]
leeboy Offline

Diki,
Yes, I agree.
Actually I did have a CME 76 MIDI controler hooked up to the T2 at one time (a long while ago).
I remember there were some limitations...but...darn, I can't remember now what they were.

I was able to use the LH split of the CME for LH sounds and chords fo the T2 and the RH split for R3 sounds...but that all I remember.
It seemd like I was not happy with something about LH memory function?? Don't remember the details.

Oh yes, if Yamaha would do some software updating to support this..WOW, you would have a TOTL organ function.

We'll see..I had heard they were going to annouce it, but nothing yet.

#315162 - 02/04/11 12:27 AM Re: New product for Yamaha Tyros 4 [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
http://orladirect.co.uk/category/tyros-traditionale/

A project between Yamaha UK and Orla UK I believe

#315173 - 02/04/11 03:36 AM Re: New product for Yamaha Tyros 4 [Re: Dnj]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
probably The Tyros 4 custom case.

Is there a new Tyros case out?

#315237 - 02/04/11 01:54 PM Re: New product for Yamaha Tyros 4 [Re: Bachus]
Diki Offline

If I am not mistaken (it's what the G70 does, anyway) there are an independent number of Keyboard Parts to the Style and Song Parts. On the G70, there are eight Keyboard side Parts. UPR1 2 3, LWR 1 2, M/Bass, Melody Intell and D-Beam. Plus NTA channel, Basic Channel and a V-Link channel

So, as the engine for both sides is likely to be the same, there are SIXTEEN available channels for SMF playback (or eight for Style Parts).

I imagine the T4 is comparable. So, this leads me to think that there OUGHT to be at least FIVE untasked MIDI channels on the Keyboard side. Why can't THESE be tasked to a secondary Manual input, with split and layer capabilities like the main manual? You'd need an additional Page for the Lower Manual Mixer (same code as the main manual, so no biggie), and hooks to the Sustain and Swell pedal pages (again, no biggie), and there you are!

A totally independent lower manual, with very little extra work! And ALL of its parameters stored in the Registration for one button call up (maybe a 'Hold Lower Manual' would be a handy addition to the OS?), with up to five (and maybe more) Parts assignable to it.

I don't know about you, but what T4 owner WOULDN'T like this capability, if only for future expansion? Come on, Yamaha! It's only CODE... wink

#315239 - 02/04/11 02:08 PM Re: New product for Yamaha Tyros 4 [Re: Scott Langholff]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Scott Langholff
Originally Posted By: Dnj
probably The Tyros 4 custom case.

Is there a new Tyros case out?

I hope they make a T4 case soft & hard.Every product from ever manufacturer should have an optional carry case of some sought.....especially that they are so difficult to find that really fit well.

#315261 - 02/04/11 06:04 PM Re: New product for Yamaha Tyros 4 [Re: Bachus]
leeboy Offline

Diki,
Exactly.
What I want is exactly that. You can certainly play the RH (or even LH ) channels now...but there is no programming/config to support it as a seperate manual.

If I had the source I could do it in a week or so...BUT, of course I don't.

Anyway it would be simple for Yamaha.

But...there lays the problem with Yamaha. They really do not want to progress in the use of the Tyros. They are content to keep it status Quo. It sure would not kill them to do a few things ouside of the FREEKING box.

There, I feel better! :-)

Edited by leeboy (02/04/11 06:05 PM)

#315439 - 02/05/11 10:36 PM Re: New product for Yamaha Tyros 4 [Re: Bachus]
Diki Offline

Well it's not 'simple', but it's doable. Yamaha always have to look at whether a feature is enough of a draw to pay for the coding time someone would have to do for it. This is where we all come in...

If you don't tell Yamaha that you want something, if organ clubs don't organize (!) petitions to Yamaha, if we don't speak with the dealers and reps that we know, and talk about this feature, Yamaha aren't going to spend good money on it just for the exercise!

Features come about as a result of demand. You have to let them KNOW the demand is there. They may not come looking for it (although, I would be surprised if some of their in-house questionnaires hadn't come back with at least a FEW willing to talk about it).

So, ball's in all the organ player's court. (that sounds kinda dirty, doesn't it?!)

Maybe Jazzhooves have a bit of swing? You want this, it's going to take some organizing (somebody stop me!) wink

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online