SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#315189 - 02/04/11 08:13 AM Nursing home confirmation form
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
I have noticed since jumping back in the nursing home biz, They will no longer sign a contract. They want just a confirmation letter with an invoice. I'd love to get a feel for the text and verbage you guys are using when sending one.

I have an invoice i use from quick Books curious about confirmation form or letter.

#315199 - 02/04/11 09:17 AM Re: Nursing home confirmation form [Re: mikey_maestro]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
hi Mikey, my experience with NH's is they won't sign a contract until you've played there long enough to convince them they don't want to risk losing you to another client. One critical item I learned early on to include in all my NH contracts is that on duty nursing staff must be present at all times when I'm performing. Prior to this, more often than not, a member(s) in the audience might disrupt and ruin the show for the others in the audience. This has even included them walking up or rolling up in their wheelchairs to play with cables and even attempting to pull them out of the KB. If a NH expects me to be an entertainer + baby sitter/nurse warden , I'm won't play there.

My contract/invoice verbage remains simple: location, time/hours performed, payment arrangements, plus any agreed stipulations by both parties. In addition to the above, here are a few other items to consider including: onsite acoustic piano in working order and in decent tune; setup location; power outlet availability; facility in/out access; staff assistance; parking; etc.

Mikey, hope this is some help to you. Welcome back to playing at nursing homes. smile

#315200 - 02/04/11 09:20 AM Re: Nursing home confirmation form [Re: mikey_maestro]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: mikey_maestro
I have noticed since jumping back in the nursing home biz, They will no longer sign a contract. They want just a confirmation letter with an invoice. I'd love to get a feel for the text and verbage you guys are using when sending one.

I have an invoice i use from quick Books curious about confirmation form or letter.

Mike talk to Gary D privatly wink

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online