SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#315222 - 02/04/11 12:56 PM Re: ianmcnll's Tyros 4 Arrived Today ! [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Thanks for being understanding, Ian. I didn't want this to sink as some of our exchanges have in the past!

I guess what I tend to do is look at each part of an arranger separately, to better understand and compare them. If you take the whole thing as a 'good' or 'bad', then it's harder to talk about individual issues inside them. It seems as if the sound wasn't as 'sweet' as you wanted it to with older FSX arrangers, and the baby kind of got thrown out with the bathwater..!

I do a lot of playing ALL my different keyboards from each others' actions. Everything is networked together in my setup, so any of them can be the master for anything else. That way, I use the action that suits the sound, or at least the way I want to PLAY that sound. Live, of course, it's just the one thing. But at home, I have learned to separate touch from sound. I guess it helps me get a better handle on recognizing the differences, both good AND bad, of each of them.

Anyhoo... Glad you are excited and enthusiastic, and I just know you are going on to higher and higher things with this one. Enjoy!

#315223 - 02/04/11 01:03 PM Re: ianmcnll's Tyros 4 Arrived Today ! [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Donny..how quick we forget.. grin

You played the Tyros4 at GC a while back....and let me remind you....you liked the improved sound over the previous models..in fact you liked it.. smile

WHAT?....man Fran are you losing your mind.....?
GC NEVER had a Tyros 4 ?....confused.......well you know now that I think of it it might of been a T4 or at least a T3 I really don't remember.........anyway I'm glad I didn't rush into anything.....I think waiting a while is the best advice you have given me ....the Old Donny would have already bought the T4 used it and sold it already....I'm still looking forward to the new Roland module also...meanwhile what i have is fine for now.

Dicki...I have to admit I agree with you above ....good post.

Edited by Dnj (02/04/11 01:14 PM)

#315226 - 02/04/11 01:13 PM Re: ianmcnll's Tyros 4 Arrived Today ! [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
WHAT?....man Fran are you losing your mind.....?
....confused

That WOULD explain a lot.

chas

Just teasing you, Fran. All those 20-somethings really ARE hot for you smile smile smile.

#315241 - 02/04/11 02:30 PM Re: ianmcnll's Tyros 4 Arrived Today ! [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Diki
Thanks for being understanding, Ian. I didn't want this to sink as some of our exchanges have in the past!

IAnyhoo... Glad you are excited and enthusiastic, and I just know you are going on to higher and higher things with this one. Enjoy!

Diki, I was rather a bit surprised at my own change of heart regarding the FSX action.

A week or more ago, I had just mentioned to Scott and several others I had been talking to on the phone, that I would probably end up buying the S910, because of it's "sweeter" sound (to my ears) and, that I really liked the action.

Then, I took the Tyros3 to Johnny's place, and we spent the whole evening, and part of the next day, going through the Tyros3 (Johnny already has a 9000Pro). I kept thinking, "You know, this action's not half bad at all...in fact, it's pretty darn good, especially on those SA/SA2 sounds.

Yet, the Tyros3's overall sound still didn't quite light my fire, but, Johnny loved it right away...in fact, it wasn't much different than the way I responded to the Tyros4 when it arrived here.

So, sound is definitely personal.

If the Tyros4 had been very much like Tyros3 in overall sound, I would have probably kept to the S910, even though I had begun to like the Tyros' FSX action.

But, as several Tyros4 owners had told me, the new instrument was much different in overall sound than the T3...and it sounded this way, right out of the box.

And, sure enough, it's sound appealed to me a lot...much like the S910, but on steroids....and, the action, which I had already begun to appreciate, seemed to work even better with the T4's SA/SA2 than on the Tyros3 (again, a personal observation and opinion).

So, that's where it stands...certainly an S910 would still be a great buy, and save me a lot of money, but, I'm going to be good to myself, and get the best available...bring on the fillet mignon.

Ian

#315242 - 02/04/11 02:37 PM Re: ianmcnll's Tyros 4 Arrived Today ! [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: Diki

IAnyhoo... Glad you are excited and enthusiastic, and I just know you are going on to higher and higher things with this one. Enjoy!

Diki, I was rather a bit surprised at my own change of heart regarding the FSX action.

A week or more ago, I had just mentioned to Scott and several others I had been talking to on the phone, that I would probably end up buying the S910, because of it's "sweeter" sound (to my ears) and, that I really liked the action.

Then, I took the Tyros3 to Johnny's place, and we spent the whole evening, and part of the next day, going through the Tyros3 (Johnny already has a 9000Pro). I kept thinking, "You know, this action's not half bad at all...in fact, it's pretty darn good, especially on those SA/SA2 sounds.

Yet, the Tyros3's overall sound still didn't quite light my fire, but, Johnny loved it right away...in fact, it wasn't much different than the way I responded to the Tyros4 when it arrived here.

So, sound is definitely personal.

If the Tyros4 had been very much like Tyros3 in overall sound, I would have probably kept to the S910, even though I had begun to like the Tyros' FSX action.

But, as several Tyros4 owners had told me, the new instrument was much different in overall sound than the T3...and it sounded this way, right out of the box.

And, sure enough, it's sound appealed to me a lot...much like the S910, but on steroids....and, the action, which I had already begun to appreciate, seemed to work even better with the T4's SA/SA2 than on the Tyros3 (again, a personal observation and opinion).

So, that's where it stands...certainly an S910 would still be a great buy, and save me a lot of money, but, I'm going to be good to myself, and get the best available...bring on the fillet mignon.

Ian

Ian I hope you feel like this in 6 months from now ...meanwhile enjoy the moment and play your heart out...enjoy.
I'm off to make some $$$$$ tonight with my measly S910 :):)

Edited by Dnj (02/04/11 02:38 PM)

#315251 - 02/04/11 04:36 PM Re: ianmcnll's Tyros 4 Arrived Today ! [Re: Beakybird]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: Beakybird
Congratulations!

Now that you've tasted fillet mignon could you ever go back to ground beef?

There's always the Surf & Turf that Korg has!
smile

#315253 - 02/04/11 04:48 PM Re: ianmcnll's Tyros 4 Arrived Today ! [Re: Scottyee]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Ian - congrats my friend! Jumping in kinda late on this one but glad to hear that you have the T4 in your possession! I've been watching the demo's and continue to be most impressed!

Enjoy that terrific board and keep us posted on your discoveries!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#315254 - 02/04/11 04:51 PM Re: ianmcnll's Tyros 4 Arrived Today ! [Re: Uncle Dave]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By: Beakybird
Congratulations!

Now that you've tasted fillet mignon could you ever go back to ground beef?

There's always the Surf & Turf that Korg has!
smile

Unfortunately Korg arrangers are as rare as Yeti steaks in my area.

Ah well, I guess they're savin' them for you guys.

You thinkin' about gettin' a PA3X Dave?

For giggin'...er...workin' with?

Somehow I'm thinking you mentioned it would have to have speakers.

I wonder if they will produce a follow-up to the venerable PA-800, or are the PA3X's the only ones?

Ian

#315256 - 02/04/11 04:55 PM Re: ianmcnll's Tyros 4 Arrived Today ! [Re: Scottyee]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Hi Ian!
Well, the 3x will have to sound MUCH better than my PA800 to justify the extra cash, and the attached speaker is a MUST ... so if it isn't stellar - I am not a candidate. My setups are too streamlined to ever rely on a PA system or amp for my personal monitor - I need it in my face at all times, and at a good volume level and quality. The new TC processor interests me more than the kb upgrades ... we'll have to wait to see. I know you'll love that T4 - it's reeks Yamaha, as do you. ( in a GOOD way! )
Now, forget about these posts and go play that thang!!!!!!!

#315266 - 02/04/11 08:21 PM Re: ianmcnll's Tyros 4 Arrived Today ! [Re: Uncle Dave]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Congratulations Ian,

enjoy your new toy. Yeh

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online