SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#312 - 12/26/03 04:04 PM good software sequencers for orchestral music
Matic Offline

Loc: Pace, Fl. USA
Hey I'm wondering some good sequencers for orhestral music. Can I get samples for the orchestral sounds? Oh, I have a Korg Trinity keyboard. I like the sounds in it, but I don't like fiddlin' with the onboard sequencer.

#313 - 12/26/03 06:09 PM Re: good software sequencers for orchestral music
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Well,if you're a MAC user LOGIC 6 is probably the best way to go.

For Windows platform (amateur terms PC) Cubase SX and Cakewalk are probably the best.

If you're looking for good orchestral samples, Logic comes with built in soft sampler called EXS24. That's all I really use nowadays (used to be AKAI,E-mu, Samplecell...Kurzwell..basically everything I stay away from, ever since I got into soft samplers).

Cubase will also let you run soft samplers and instruments. If you decide to go for Cubase SX - get Kontakt by Native Instruments.

Sorry..
But I'm too hungover from last night (another Xmas party) to give any other suggestions...
Later!

-ED-

#314 - 12/27/03 12:28 AM Re: good software sequencers for orchestral music
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's easy to operate a Korg Trinity with Cubase SX if you like the Orchestral sounds for wherever or whatever you are applying it to. There's a ton of sequencers out there and I think you might be better off with Cakewalk (twelve step) if you have never used one before, especially steinberg software can be cumbersome.

------------------
Rights Free Production
"It's all you."
MORPH! Prod. Gp.
LGB, CA 92652-0054 (USA)

#315 - 12/28/03 05:35 PM Re: good software sequencers for orchestral music
Matic Offline

Loc: Pace, Fl. USA
Thanks guys. I will check out Cubase and Cakewalk. Sometimes there's so much out there you don't know where to start.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online