SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#313693 - 01/24/11 01:49 AM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: Scottyee]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
I doubt if it’s done that much damage, as I am pretty sure that if you mentioned Korg to anybody at the moment, they would all mention Kronos, but look blank if you mentioned PA3x.
I suspect it was just shown to prove the point that a new Arranger from Korg was on the way.

Bill

#313723 - 01/24/11 09:42 AM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: abacus]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
The Kronos lot are not the target audience of the PA3X Bill. People like me are and if you go on the Korg Forum , people who were ready with their cheque book to buy the PA 3X WITHOUT SEEING OR HEARING IT are questioning now whether they will but it. You will notice a distinct lack of interest and very few people talking about buying the PA3X based upon these demos.

If thats not damage then i dont know what is. Even those that are interested are not saying ' wow what a great instrument, it sounds so much better than the PA2X ' . The most positive comments they can muster is ' i hope Korg come up with better demos ' or 'i hope that Korg have some more DNC sounds than the violin and harmonica'. Or ' i hope this is not the finished product ' !!

#313726 - 01/24/11 10:18 AM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: spalding1968]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: spalding1968
The Kronos lot are not the target audience of the PA3X Bill. People like me are and if you go on the Korg Forum , people who were ready with their cheque book to buy the PA 3X WITHOUT SEEING OR HEARING IT are questioning now whether they will but it. You will notice a distinct lack of interest and very few people talking about buying the PA3X based upon these demos.

If thats not damage then i dont know what is. Even those that are interested are not saying ' wow what a great instrument, it sounds so much better than the PA2X ' . The most positive comments they can muster is ' i hope Korg come up with better demos ' or 'i hope that Korg have some more DNC sounds than the violin and harmonica'. Or ' i hope this is not the finished product ' !!

WOW what a GREAT instument the PA3x is. Yes I am interested and gonna buy one. I am also interested in the Kronos and if I have the money I buy both.

#313727 - 01/24/11 10:31 AM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: FransN]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
let frank see the colour of your money smile

Frank you owe me one...

#313730 - 01/24/11 10:44 AM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: FransN]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: FransN
Originally Posted By: spalding1968

WOW what a GREAT instument the PA3x is. Yes I am interested and gonna buy one. I am also interested in the Kronos and if I have the money I buy both.

Cant wait till you post a few songs with each unit so I can decide If i want to buy either too...thanx.

#313736 - 01/24/11 11:08 AM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: Dnj]
FransN Offline

Or I could buy the Kronos and the new Roland arranger module. Very difficult to choose smile

#313742 - 01/24/11 11:41 AM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: FransN]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If the BK-7m has the ability to send individual Parts out via MIDI (and mute them internally), and the ability to change what PC/00/32 codes those parts send, it could be the WS add-on that we all wish for...

Sadly, Roland have been stepping backwards on those capabilities for quite a while. I wouldn't rule out it being able to do this, but I wouldn't get my hopes up, either.

Without the ability to play what will probably be MUCH better sounds in something like a Kronos or MoXF, it is still essentially a Prelude or GW-8 in a box. Breaking OUT from that box is what could turn this into the piece of kit we all REALLY want...

#313750 - 01/24/11 12:12 PM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: Scottyee]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Frank is a PLAYA', on any instrument.

Glad he's part of this group!

Russ

#313789 - 01/24/11 03:33 PM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: Diki]
FransN Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
If the BK-7m has the ability to send individual Parts out via MIDI (and mute them internally), and the ability to change what PC/00/32 codes those parts send, it could be the WS add-on that we all wish for...

Sadly, Roland have been stepping backwards on those capabilities for quite a while. I wouldn't rule out it being able to do this, but I wouldn't get my hopes up, either.

Without the ability to play what will probably be MUCH better sounds in something like a Kronos or MoXF, it is still essentially a Prelude or GW-8 in a box. Breaking OUT from that box is what could turn this into the piece of kit we all REALLY want...

But even if the Roland can't do this isn't this a better option for me? For the same money a PA3x cost I can buy almost the 76 key version of the Kronos. Well I have a few months to think this over smile

#313816 - 01/24/11 08:29 PM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: FransN]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: FransN

But even if the Roland can't do this isn't this a better option for me? For the same money a PA3x cost I can buy almost the 76 key version of the Kronos. Well I have a few months to think this over smile

A lot depends on just how MUCH that your audience is listening to is the BK, and how much was the Kronos! I seriously doubt the $1000 BK-7m is going to sound as good as a $3500 PA3x. But a BK-7m's Parts, played into a Kronos, could be outta sight!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online