abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Total size is approximately 1.8GB, (3 Files) and includes the New Options:

Sound Manager

Franz Lambert Pack 2

Styles 2011

http://www.wersi.de/

Bill

#313492 - 01/22/11 11:57 AM Re: OAS 7 R44 is Now Available to Download [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

R44 Update Observations on Abacus Instrument

1. No trial periods are now available (But see later)
2. More Factory Pre-sets (13) in Arabic tuning
3. Split points when touched show the additional split points added with Selector Plus, even if Selector Plus is not activated. (Presumably for Scala/Louvre users)
4. Selector Panel Advanced: Selector Plus volume combination check boxes still shown, without Selector Plus being activated
5. Mixer Panel: New FL2 Pre-set added
6. Effects Panel: New FL2 Reverb Added
7. Settings screen: Language: Nederland’s has now appeared in drop down box
8. Drum Edit Screen: New drum sounds & drum kits for FL2 (FL2 must be activated for use)
9. Activation Screen: 4 New Options Shown
A. Klaus Wunderlich Pack
B. Franz Lambert Pack 2
C. Sound Factory
D. Styles 2011
In addition when any none activated option is highlighted, a new button appears for Test Activations, however this still brings up the Activation Screen. (Although undocumented, this test option has been available (In a different form) since OAS 7 was launched, but has now been bought to the fore)
10. Software Installation Screen: Load from Floppy & CD buttons have now been replaced with a single Software Installation Button, and when pressed it scans all storage devices (Including any USB connected devices) for the Install File. (Thus you no longer have to manually point to USB if you wish to upgrade via this option)
11 Log File Screen: R44 shows double note triggering in OAA has been improved (As I do not have the OAA, I cannot confirm this)
12. Demos: Mp3 demos of the new FL2 pack are now available in Quickload screen

Additional Information:
Styles 2011 require the OAA and Drums 2007 to also be activated.
FL2 Requires FL1, OAA, OX7 and Drums 2007 to be activated, in addition for best results on smaller instruments; the Selector Plus should also be activated.
Sound Factory is Stand Alone (Not recommended for those with Low Power CPU and Limited Ram)
Klaus Wunderlich Unknown at present; however in the latest Wersi Direct Newsletter a 4th option is mentioned as near completion.
Loading went without problems, (Upgrade) and after playing around with it a good while I have not yet found any bugs. (Haven’t activated any of the new options for testing as yet though, hopefully will have time to do so next week)

Bill

#313562 - 01/22/11 10:51 PM Re: OAS 7 R44 is Now Available to Download [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
R44 Update Observations on Abacus Instrument

1. No trial periods are now available (But see later)
2. More Factory Pre-sets (13) in Arabic tuning
3. Split points when touched show the additional split points added with Selector Plus, even if Selector Plus is not activated. (Presumably for Scala/Louvre users)
4. Selector Panel Advanced: Selector Plus volume combination check boxes still shown, without Selector Plus being activated
5. Mixer Panel: New FL2 Pre-set added
6. Effects Panel: New FL2 Reverb Added
7. Settings screen: Language: Nederland’s has now appeared in drop down box
8. Drum Edit Screen: New drum sounds & drum kits for FL2 (FL2 must be activated for use)
9. Activation Screen: 4 New Options Shown
A. Klaus Wunderlich Pack
B. Franz Lambert Pack 2
C. Sound Factory
D. Styles 2011
In addition when any none activated option is highlighted, a new button appears for Test Activations, however this still brings up the Activation Screen. (Although undocumented, this test option has been available (In a different form) since OAS 7 was launched, but has now been bought to the fore)
10. Software Installation Screen: Load from Floppy & CD buttons have now been replaced with a single Software Installation Button, and when pressed it scans all storage devices (Including any USB connected devices) for the Install File. (Thus you no longer have to manually point to USB if you wish to upgrade via this option)
11 Log File Screen: R44 shows double note triggering in OAA has been improved (As I do not have the OAA, I cannot confirm this)
12. Demos: Mp3 demos of the new FL2 pack are now available in Quickload screen

Additional Information:
Styles 2011 require the OAA and Drums 2007 to also be activated.
FL2 Requires FL1, OAA, OX7 and Drums 2007 to be activated, in addition for best results on smaller instruments; the Selector Plus should also be activated.
Sound Factory is Stand Alone (Not recommended for those with Low Power CPU and Limited Ram)
Klaus Wunderlich Unknown at present; however in the latest Wersi Direct Newsletter a 4th option is mentioned as near completion.
Loading went without problems, (Upgrade) and after playing around with it a good while I have not yet found any bugs. (Haven’t activated any of the new options for testing as yet though, hopefully will have time to do so next week)

Bill

Is there a charge for this upgrade bill or?....good luck with it. It's great that you didn't have to buy another KB to get all this.

#313577 - 01/23/11 01:10 AM Re: OAS 7 R44 is Now Available to Download [Re: abacus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Bill, any way you could record something on that thing and let us hear it after you complete the upgrade?
Thanks,
DonM

#313581 - 01/23/11 04:35 AM Re: OAS 7 R44 is Now Available to Download [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Hi DNJ
The upgrade is free, however the options cost. (Just like the premium voice packs on the Tyros range)
The main difference between the way Music Store do it, and Yamaha do it, is that you can get a temporary activation code from Music Store or a Wersi Service Partner, so you can actually try them out, and then decide if you wish to purchase them or not, whereas with Yamaha you only have mp3 files to listen to, (With no indication of what recording equipment was used, and usually played by a professional demonstrator) and if you purchase them (On the strength of the demo) and find you cannot make them sound like the demo on your board, (For whatever reason) your stuck with them, as well as having a lighter wallet.

Bill

#313582 - 01/23/11 04:58 AM Re: OAS 7 R44 is Now Available to Download [Re: DonM]
abacus Offline

Hi DonM
I don’t have the OAA or Drums 2007 options, (Which have been standard on new instruments for some time) so a number of the options are unavailable to me. I am not a massive all singing all dancing style player, preferring a more simple style setup, plus I tend to use the Real Drums (Audio Loops) and/or Akai/VSTi for the drum sounds. (I also use additional Akai and VSTi sounds for the main sounds as well)
However here are some links that will give you an idea (Note they do not use the latest version of OAS)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CB5cNyMxvk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CitGD6zNPSs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9gKh6owvKM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kQDkyVkn00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mgquOpP-yE
http://www.youtube.com/user/dunlapds2

Demos of the FL2 pack can be found here
http://www.joergwahl.de/40555.html
Scroll down for the demos

Enjoy

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry