SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#314135 - 01/27/11 03:17 PM Re: File Attachments now allow 5MB [Re: Nigel]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Although it doesn't really take much effort to simply delete extraneous quotes either :), as long as one is reading and confirming what they are quoting.

#314177 - 01/28/11 12:27 AM Re: File Attachments now allow 5MB [Re: Diki]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Sorry the forum software doesn't support turning that off. I thought it did but when limiting the number of nested quotes it simply threw an error when you try to post with nested quotes that exceeded that limit ... which is pretty annoying to force people to have to edit them out. Some people just don't quite understand the quote tags so that would simply stop them from being able to post. Like Dennis said if you do understand the nesting of the tags you can just edit them out yourself. Sure it's a pity it's not automatically done for you but there is not much I can do about that. Maybe that will come in future updates of the software. I will submit it as a requested feature on the UBB Threads website.

#314217 - 01/28/11 09:27 AM Re: File Attachments now allow 5MB [Re: Nigel]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Nigel...
Is it possible to set the software to recognize .doc and .docx formats?

It would not open Hammer's post about "drug problems" which was .docx. I posted a work-around...but it seems it should be easier.

In any event...thanks for all your work on the new format. The new features are a welcome treat.

Eddie

#314240 - 01/28/11 10:34 AM Re: File Attachments now allow 5MB [Re: Nigel]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
No problem, Nigel. Of course, I'm already familiar with doing this, but from so many nested quotes that I'm pretty sure the poster didn't REALLY want to do anything but quote the top level, it's obvious many either don't, or it's too much bother.

Hopefully, UBB can provide a solution.

Another point might be, is there a selection of emoticon sets? Compared to the previous set, I find these a lot more cryptic and hard to quickly figure out which they are..

Oh, and one more point... is there a way to kern the line start so it doesn't basically touch the boundary of the post? It's a minor detail, but helps a bit with legibility, especially on some of the display schemes.

Niggly details, I know, but once fixed, you never have to deal with them again!

Great job with the migration, Nigel and Scott. One of the smoothest transitions I've been through. We lost the entire site at G70Usersclub when it changed to Rolandarranger.com. Had to put it up as a somewhat incomplete archive... Continuity is more important than many think...

#314248 - 01/28/11 10:56 AM Re: File Attachments now allow 5MB [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Diki

Another point might be, is there a selection of emoticon sets? Compared to the previous set, I find these a lot more cryptic and hard to quickly figure out which they are..

Diki, there are great emoticons here: http://smileys.on-my-web.com/

Just click on the smiley you want, and copy the BBCode in your post where you want the smiley.

Lots to choose from.

Ian

#314271 - 01/28/11 12:33 PM Re: File Attachments now allow 5MB [Re: Nigel]
Diki Offline

That takes too long for me... I'm used to the standard typing for many of the main ones (rolleyes, etc.!), it's just that they don't present very well, IMO.

#314275 - 01/28/11 12:58 PM Re: File Attachments now allow 5MB [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
That takes too long for me... I'm used to the standard typing for many of the main ones (rolleyes, etc.!), it's just that they don't present very well, IMO.

Just trying to help, bud...it's easy for me to keep another browser window open with the Smileys Repository easily accessed.

Of course, I'm not in a hurry either...Ha ha...

Having said that, my Tyros4 was held up due to severe storm/snow squalls...ah well, it should be here on Monday, having been sent out by Purolator courier (ground) on the 25th.

Still, it would have been nice to have it over the weekend.

Have you managed to play one yet?

Ian

#314297 - 01/28/11 03:59 PM Re: File Attachments now allow 5MB [Re: Nigel]
Diki Offline

No Tyros dealer anywhere NEAR me... Or Korg PA, Ketron, MS, you name it. Arranger black hole. Not even a PSR S910!

Sucks.

#314354 - 01/28/11 11:41 PM Re: File Attachments now allow 5MB [Re: Nigel]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Diki,
you make it sound like you're living on another planet, in the middle of a desert or at the North Pole! laugh

#314360 - 01/29/11 12:36 AM Re: File Attachments now allow 5MB [Re: Diki]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA

No there no control over the text formatting of a post. But in regard to smileys I have been adding new ones. Just click on the smiley above the reply box and you can see what I have already added. And I will continue to add new ones over time. While this software isn't perfect in terms of control, as you say the transition went pretty well considering we got to import the old forum and member records completely with only a couple of hiccups that I managed to get around. And now I think I will continue to update as UBB bring out new versions of the software so some of your wishes may get dealt with in the future.

Now lets dance !!!
dance

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online