SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#313526 - 01/22/11 04:30 PM Re: File Attachments now allow 5MB [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Nigel ... I am not having any success trying to add a .jpg file of 1.43mb ... I keep getting a message that I have exceeded the file size or exceeded the number of files allowed.
thnx for your help,

#313536 - 01/22/11 06:09 PM Re: File Attachments now allow 5MB [Re: tony mads usa]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Nigel ... I am not having any success trying to add a .jpg file of 1.43mb ... I keep getting a message that I have exceeded the file size or exceeded the number of files allowed.
thnx for your help,

After you browse to the file and then click "Add File" it does take a little while to upload ( you will see a blue progress bar at the bottom ). Until the the name then appears at the top of the file manager box it hasn't finished uploading ( and I am not talking about the file name at the bottom that came up when you browsed ). Then you can click "Done".

Because if you don't wait and keep trying to do it over and over again it thinks you are trying to upload multiple files and you start getting those error messages. Depending on the file size it may take a couple of minutes to upload.

#313766 - 01/24/11 01:40 PM Re: File Attachments now allow 5MB [Re: Nigel]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The main thing will be to be very careful about uploading any copyrighted material here, as the LAST thing we all want is for Nigel to get in trouble having illicit material on the site. It is far too precious a resource to put in harm's way like this.

I still think that, if you want to share sheet music, or factory styles or commercial SMF's, we should do it privately. We never had problems in the past because we COULDN'T post copyrighted material. Now we can.

Be careful, guys...

How do YOU feel about the issue, Nigel?

#313970 - 01/26/11 12:48 AM Re: File Attachments now allow 5MB [Re: Diki]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: Diki
The main thing will be to be very careful about uploading any copyrighted material here, as the LAST thing we all want is for Nigel to get in trouble having illicit material on the site. It is far too precious a resource to put in harm's way like this.

I still think that, if you want to share sheet music, or factory styles or commercial SMF's, we should do it privately. We never had problems in the past because we COULDN'T post copyrighted material. Now we can.

Be careful, guys...

How do YOU feel about the issue, Nigel?

Diki, you said it exactly like it is. Thanks so very much for pointing that out to everyone. If anyone uploaded copyright material I would definately have to take this ability to upload away again and I would hate to do that because I think it is a great new feature. So like Diki said PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE think about the legality of what you upload.

#314014 - 01/26/11 01:34 PM Re: File Attachments now allow 5MB [Re: Nigel]
Diki Offline

Might need a 'sticky' on this point, Nigel. Top of the page, all caps!

You can probably remember several threads I have been involved in in the past where many members don't believe ANY copyright attaches to anything that THEY feel should be free!

#314016 - 01/26/11 01:39 PM Re: File Attachments now allow 5MB [Re: Nigel]
Diki Offline

I've yet to see a forum where MP3's had to be zipped first, though... Are you SURE the software can't handle it, or is this just for uploading and the forum software unzips it at your end?

#314022 - 01/26/11 02:48 PM Re: File Attachments now allow 5MB [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Might need a 'sticky' on this point, Nigel. Top of the page, all caps!

You can probably remember several threads I have been involved in in the past where many members don't believe ANY copyright attaches to anything that THEY feel should be free!

Yep, uploading Premium Styles from Yamaha, or styles from Midi Spot...also SMF from these companies and others...all are copyrighted...all can create problems.

Best to send these things via private email.

That's how other forums do it.

Ian

#314072 - 01/27/11 02:59 AM Re: File Attachments now allow 5MB [Re: Diki]
Nigel Offline
Admin

I've yet to see a forum where MP3's had to be zipped first, though... Are you SURE the software can't handle it, or is this just for uploading and the forum software unzips it at your end?

You are right Diki. It was just a setting that I needed to dig up and change. I will try an MP3 of a song I recorded with Colin Haye from Men At Work and Guy McDonough from Australian Crawl years ago to see if it is working ( Written by Guy and myself ) . And it looks like it is.

Attachments
Too Many People.mp3 (26 downloads)
Description: Too Many People

#314086 - 01/27/11 07:00 AM Re: File Attachments now allow 5MB [Re: Nigel]
Dnj Offline

Great Song Nigel......& thanx for the added upload options also!!

#314133 - 01/27/11 03:10 PM Re: File Attachments now allow 5MB [Re: Nigel]
Diki Offline

While we are at it, is there a setting that, when you quote somebody, you ONLY quote what they wrote, and not all the other quotes from that post? It's how the old forum did it, and avoids a bunch of 'nested' quotes...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online