SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#31344 - 11/13/02 06:26 AM Re: New User Problems Here
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Thanks George - The backup before you edit advice is the most important thing to know - I had already learned this the hard way. If Ketron included a floppy (like I got with my MS40) with the user voices on it could save people a lot of frustration later, especially if they are not members of this or other forums where fine people like yourself and Andrea are only to ready offer help and advice.

BTW - You can edit and save the GM voices into the user voices though.

#31345 - 11/13/02 08:15 AM Re: New User Problems Here
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
AJ and I read the owners manual where it talks about editing the GM voices by going to the page buttons and selecting a GM sound to edit, but we couldn't do this either and AJ suggested it was going to be implemented in a higher operating system upgrade. He said only if you had a expansion card installed could you access these sounds to edit in the manner outlined in the owners manual.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#31346 - 11/14/02 04:56 AM Re: New User Problems Here
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
George - Try this - First select a user voice to edit (pick one you dont mind overwriting or make sure you back up the user voices first). Then press Exit for the main menu followed by F7 (Edit voice). If you then press the various voice family buttons you will then see all the GM voices listed and you can then select one of these. You then press EXIT again and find that you are editing the GM voice rather than the user voice you selected. This can then be saved into any User voice slot. I've written this from memory whilst at lunch at work but I'm pretty sure that's how I did it.

I did recover a piano voice this way for the user voice that I'd overwritten. There are several other "features" that are not documented in the manual either which leaves plenty of scope for another video or user guide by Dan0

Regard - Keith

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online