SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#313068 - 01/19/11 10:07 AM Who needs an Arranger WOW!!! KORG M3
Dnj Offline

#313072 - 01/19/11 11:07 AM Re: Who needs an Arranger WOW!!! KORG M3 [Re: Dnj]
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

Korg and the other companies should really unite their synth workstations to a complete arranger.

#313076 - 01/19/11 11:32 AM Re: Who needs an Arranger WOW!!! KORG M3 [Re: arranger_yes_pc_no]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: arranger_yes_pc_no
Korg and the other companies should really unite their synth workstations to a complete arranger.

I agree smile , but the problem seems that the manufacturer's arranger & synthesizer divisions are typically run separately and often, even competitively with each other, making the possibility of feature integration perhaps less likely. frown

#313079 - 01/19/11 11:43 AM Re: Who needs an Arranger WOW!!! KORG M3 [Re: Scottyee]
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Originally Posted By: arranger_yes_pc_no

I agree smile , but the problem seems that the manufacturer's arranger & synthesizer divisions are typically run separately and often, even competitively with each other, making the possibility of feature integration perhaps less likely. frown

in fact, I always had the impression that even if I take an arranger and a synth from the same company, they feels like instruments made by totally different companies.

Yesterday I was reading , by chance, a curious post date 2008 or so, where some Motif users were complaining that 'Yamaha got it backward' : they wanted the sounds on the Tyros to be on the Motif.

Even Roland....I have owned a few of their synth workstations before getting a Roland E-60 for a few weeks.

The E-60 felt like an underpriced top class instrument, except for a few naff sounds, like strings and violin. But all the rest, I thought was impressive: the keybed, the excellent piano sound ( believe me I found it much more responsive than software like Pianoteq ), the guitars, and the impressive drum sounds.

It didn't feel like a Roland synth (which I consider them to be excellent instruments too).
Very strange. frown

Edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (01/19/11 11:48 AM)

#313080 - 01/19/11 11:46 AM Re: Who needs an Arranger WOW!!! KORG M3 [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'd like to see Stephen Kay release a 'generic' Karma software, with perhaps plug-in templates for different keyboards (user definable, too). Then all you need to do is run a laptop (iPad would be nice!) and sent it the NTA from your arranger and route back to the arranger's MIDI in's...

Shazaaam!

#313085 - 01/19/11 01:29 PM Re: Who needs an Arranger WOW!!! KORG M3 [Re: Dnj]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
this frank mccombe demo has been out for ages and can be reproduced on any korg arranger ...any. This is just a well sequenced song. If you had franks skills youi could do this demo on any korg PA product.

#313091 - 01/19/11 02:06 PM Re: Who needs an Arranger WOW!!! KORG M3 [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

What I really enjoyed was listening to this you don't hear that repetitious style parts sound like an arranger has...and the piano sound was superb....if this sound like that on any Korg arranger I for one would love to hear it.

#313133 - 01/19/11 05:41 PM Re: Who needs an Arranger WOW!!! KORG M3 [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
The M3 is a hell of a synth....what you see in action is Korg Karma.
It's cool FOR COOL MUSIC...but, it is now very useful for some of the music a lot of arranger players do.

At least that is the impression I got when I spent a little time on it when it came out.

In fact, one day when I was at Sweetwater Sound..playing around with a PA2, a guy and his wife came over and said' WOW, I think that is what we should have bought..we can't get what we need on the M3 we have' So, even though I don't work there...I sold him one!

I will say...Kerma has some cool features and it is not regimented like styles are. I was hoping they would dd it to the PA3X..no dice!

I will also say, I think if you are a piano style player, and a good one...you can have a good time and make some great music. If you are just playing chords in left hand...not so much.

Edited by leeboy (01/19/11 05:42 PM)

#313137 - 01/19/11 05:53 PM Re: Who needs an Arranger WOW!!! KORG M3 [Re: Scottyee]
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
the manufacturer's arranger & synthesizer divisions are typically run separately and often, even competitively with each other, making the possibility of feature integration perhaps less likely. frown

Yes... for ROland and Korg, arrangers are made by their Italian divisions while Workstations in Japan... Anyway ROland has downsized their Italy division leaving home many workers, so this is probably why they do not make new arrangers anymore...

#313204 - 01/20/11 11:08 AM Re: Who needs an Arranger WOW!!! KORG M3 [Re: leeboy]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
That wasnt Karma Lee. That was a sequence programmed by Frank McCombe for the Korg M3 presntation. He does lots of programming/sequencing work for Korg and his demos can be found on quite a few korg products.

There was no Karma used in that performance.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online