SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#302342 - 01/03/11 09:35 AM How to change/add mod wheel Leslie effect to Organ voices on T4
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I'm sort of dumbfounded by the T4's Organ voices. I do not like how Yamaha has implemented them on the T4 as opposed to the T2 and T1.

Many of the Organ voices have the MOD Wheel mapped to Volume Loud / Soft as opposed to Leslie Fast / Slow.

I wish to change this behavior and I cannot find any facility within the T4 to do this?

Also, on some of the voices that have the Leslie effect mapped to the MOD wheel, the effect goes from SLOW to FAST Immediately. I wish to change the behavior to go from SLOW to FAST gradually.

I understand I cannot change the preset voices, but I want to create a custom voice and I cannot find information anywhere how to modify MOD wheel assignment??????

Thanks
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#302343 - 01/03/11 10:08 AM Re: How to change/add mod wheel Leslie effect to Organ voices on T4
jwyvern Offline

Hi Al,
Normally if you want to assign the mod wheel to do (limited) somethings to a voice you go to Voice Set/Controller Tab and scroll (if needed)to Modulation.
That takes you to 5 parameters including Filter and Amplitude, the default/no-effect values of which are 64. So you can decouple the mod. wheel from affecting volume if you set Amplitude at 64.
To the bottom right are 3 parameters which affect the LFO. You can alter those from zero for the non SA and SA voices - but I don't know if you'll get the modulation results you are looking for.
It's a matter of suck-it and see.

john

#302344 - 01/03/11 10:09 AM Re: How to change/add mod wheel Leslie effect to Organ voices on T4
tyroschuck Offline

Loc: Downey, CA, US
Al, most of the Tyros4 users use the YPKO Tyros4 forum for quick and accurate answers. http://www.yamahapkowner.com/forum/index.php?board=98.0
regards, chuck

#312828 - 01/17/11 12:07 PM Re: How to change/add mod wheel Leslie effect to Organ voices on T4 [Re: kbrkr]
Magali Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Hi kbrkr

You can change the leslie slow fast by the way showed by jvyvern
but you can also (if you have a simple foot pedal)go to the controller foot pedal and select MODULATION (ALT)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online