SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#312791 - 01/17/11 01:48 AM The main reasons to get a PA 3x
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Kog did their home work and apperently fixed their previous complaints.

The main reaons to get a PA 3x (for me are)

1. 4 fills plus break (all Yamaha style library will be converted by the Korg 3 rd party support /users - The main complaint from previous Yamaha has 4 fills and auto fill button and Korg did not. If this works, Korg may steal a lot of other brand users).Since Yamaha has alot of simple straight foward styles for Western music (not country). Converted Yamaha styles (Irish Acts website) suffered for above mentioned reasons. This issue will be solved with PA 3x.

2. 61 keys (small and light) with no speakers on board yet can attach in seconds.
You will have non bulky and light weight pro arranger thet looks like a synth (love the new color too)

3. Ribbon Controller and and 8 insert efx (TOTL synth features in an arranger - try that with Yamaha or Roland)

4. 61 key version has XLR in and Improved VH (with auto tune - not a fan but is now wisely used in new pop songs - so this is a major plus- integrated in an arranger).

5. Of course -Chord sequencer - Now play your solo with your right hand while your left hand is busy with joy stick and ribbon controller!!! (Thank you Korg - Finally , you got it)

What are yours?

Edited by jamman (01/17/11 01:52 AM)

#312793 - 01/17/11 02:20 AM Re: The main reasons to get a PA 3x [Re: jamman]
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Originally Posted By: jamman
Kog did their home work and apperently fixed their previous complaints.

The main reaons to get a PA 3x (for me are)

1. 4 fills plus break (all Yamaha style library will be converted by the Korg 3 rd party support /users - The main complaint from previous Yamaha has 4 fills and auto fill button and Korg did not. If this works, Korg may steal a lot of other brand users).Since Yamaha has alot of simple straight foward styles for Western music (not country). Converted Yamaha styles (Irish Acts website) suffered for above mentioned reasons. This issue will be solved with PA 3x.

2. 61 keys (small and light) with no speakers on board yet can attach in seconds.
You will have non bulky and light weight pro arranger thet looks like a synth (love the new color too)

3. Ribbon Controller and and 8 insert efx (TOTL synth features in an arranger - try that with Yamaha or Roland)

4. 61 key version has XLR in and Improved VH (with auto tune - not a fan but is now wisely used in new pop songs - so this is a major plus- integrated in an arranger).

5. Of course -Chord sequencer - Now play your solo with your right hand while your left hand is busy with joy stick and ribbon controller!!! (Thank you Korg - Finally , you got it)

What are yours?

6. Dual Seq that crossfades SMFs and MP3 - Chage tempo of the audio file without changing pitch - GREAT FOR GUITAR /OTHER INSTRUMNENT PLAYERS TO LEARN FAST LICKS IN NO TIME BY SLOWING DOWN TEMPO - TRANSPOSE WITHOUT PITCH CHANGE - MP3 LYRIC DISPLAY
DJ two audio songs by manipulating pitch/play live on the tracks (while you are tired of singing)

in all in one instrument that has speakers - Great job.

Edited by jamman (01/17/11 02:26 AM)

#312806 - 01/17/11 07:01 AM Re: The main reasons to get a PA 3x [Re: jamman]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
AND MORE:
1) Final Mastering Suite by famus <WAVES> Plug ins!!!
(MaxxEQ™, MaxxBass™, MaxxTreble™, MaxxStereo™, MaxxVolume™)
POWER!!!.....

2) <Unbalanced/Balanced> Jack Left/Mono, Right/Mono, Out 1, Out 2!!!
Balanced!!!....
It is very good, for a clean, balanced audio sound!!!

3)Mute and Unmute, buttons for real time control, in any Upper and Lower ....

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (01/17/11 07:06 AM)

#312811 - 01/17/11 09:06 AM Re: The main reasons to get a PA 3x [Re: jamman]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
As a Tyros 4 owner, here are a few things about the Pa3x that appeal to me:

1) Korg Songbook feature
2) TC Helicon Voice Live 2 Technolgy (supporting rootless chord recogntion)
2) Chord Sequencer
3) Shorter overall keyboard length
4) Punchy more agressive sound for a raw rock-club sound
5) Physical Sliders
6) Covenient to snap on/off speaker monitors

One major feature limitation concern is Pa3x's support for only 2 footswitches. I require a minimum of three: sustain, fill, and vocal harmony on/off.

Soundwise, I haven't yet heard any new instrument voices or styles dramaticalky different or improved over Pa2x so hope to hear demos from Korg to showcase them. That said, as a happy satisfied Tyros 4 owner, I still can appreciate owning a Korg Pa3x too, for its punchy live sound and advanced features. cool

#312829 - 01/17/11 12:40 PM Re: The main reasons to get a PA 3x [Re: jamman]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Great new sound I hope. This one is still a ? for me as the demos so far have been terrible.
I need to hear all the sounds that I use/like either in person or a quality demo. I hope some quality demos come soon.
Sax, Piano, E-piano, guitars, Oboe, Strings of different kinds, Solo violin, claranet, french horns, other horns, trombone (slide), flutes, cornet, harp, vocals...etc...etc...really all orchstral voices, and especially the ensembles of these orchestral voices together. Of course many others, but I need great instrumental voices as I do not sing.

Also, 4 fills (and autofill) and break on every style...hooray! Hopefully much smoother style engine (play) will result.

I think I read somewhere the screen is a better quality too??

Lees S.

#312830 - 01/17/11 12:42 PM Re: The main reasons to get a PA 3x [Re: jamman]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Scott,
All you have to do is buy an inexpensive EC-5 pedal unit and then you will have 7 foot switchs all freely programmable!
PA800/PA2 has that today as well.

Lee S.

#312831 - 01/17/11 12:43 PM Re: The main reasons to get a PA 3x [Re: Scottyee]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi Scottyee

If you use the korg EC5 pedal you can damper, variable pedal (Pitchbend, volumr etc etc)

and 5 switchs fully assignable to a host of functions.

Kind regards

Col

PS: Sorry Lee you beat me to it.

Edited by Saswick (01/17/11 12:45 PM)

#312836 - 01/17/11 02:12 PM Re: The main reasons to get a PA 3x [Re: jamman]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Korg EC5 5-Switch Pedalboard

Leeboy & Saswick: This is great! thanks for the heads up. smile

#312838 - 01/17/11 02:29 PM Re: The main reasons to get a PA 3x [Re: jamman]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I can't run my G70 without an FC-7. At minimum, even for live playing, I need sustain separate for upper and lower, Leslie F/S, UPG advance, etc., and for arranger playing I use the 1-4 switches to change variations, and two sustains and a Leslie F/S.

At times, I can go whole songs without taking my hands from the keyboard... Nirvana!

You can't have TOO many footswitches!

#312846 - 01/17/11 02:48 PM Re: The main reasons to get a PA 3x [Re: Diki]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
I can't run my G70 without an FC-7. At minimum, even for live playing, I need sustain separate for upper and lower, Leslie F/S, UPG advance, etc., and for arranger playing I use the 1-4 switches to change variations, and two sustains and a Leslie F/S.

At times, I can go whole songs without taking my hands from the keyboard... Nirvana!

You can't have TOO many footswitches!

I agree..pedals are a must for me too...in a little different way than Diki is using...

I always need the sustain pedal, and EV-5 for expression..I also need a pedal (switch) for vocal harmony on and off..with the G70..

I do like the FC-7, but it is a bit awkward to carry and placement is a problem, sometimes..
The individual pedals allow me to locate them where I need them...although they walk away during performances..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online