SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#311908 - 01/12/11 04:29 PM SZ's New Private Message (PM) Feature
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
The SZ's new Private Message feature allows us to send PM's to one another directly within the SZ forum.
It also supports sending a PM to 'multiple' members. Before you can receive PM's, you'll first need to make sure you've got the Private Message (PM) feature enabled:

My Stuff > Accept private messages from other users: Yes.

My Stuff > Do you want to be notified via email when you receive a private message? Yes/No.

Once you've got the receive PM feature enabled, when you've got an incoming PM waiting for you, an icon of an envelope appears next to the "My Stuff" drop down menu. To read it, select: My Stuff > Messages.

cool

#312593 - 01/15/11 02:49 PM Re: SZ's New Private Message (PM) Feature [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
How many of you are aware of the Synthzone PM (private message) feature?
It's a handy way to communicate with other members, but sometimes it's easy to overlook the 'envelope icon' (of which appears next to the 'my stuff' drop down menu of the main SZ Gen arr window) when you've got a PM waiting to be read. That said, I try to make it a habit now to check there occasionally for any incoming PM's. smile

#312607 - 01/15/11 03:44 PM Re: SZ's New Private Message (PM) Feature [Re: Scottyee]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Its great ... Don't know if its the default but when I got a PM reply to a PM I sent, I got an e-mail telling me it was there. ... I would think it would work for a PM sent to you also ...

#312634 - 01/16/11 03:34 AM Re: SZ's New Private Message (PM) Feature [Re: Scottyee]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
As far as I remeber the message feature is "on" as default.
Cool stuff who is very common at discussion boards and groups nowadays.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online