SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#312483 - 01/15/11 12:18 AM Re: Steve McNally from Korg Pa3x demo [Re: Saswick]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
i hear everything that has been said and its true, you cant really tell anything frim a hand held camera recording. But can anyone say that they were 'wowed' by what they heard from the Korg PA3X demo. I know when i heard the T2, T3 and T4 i had gear lust immmediately just by what i heard. I know its all flash and limited guts compared to the things that can be done with a Korg but the PA3X specs led me to believe that i would be wowed by the sound. The sound wasnt bad. But thats the highest praise i could give and i really wanted to be at least as wowed as i was by the yamaha demos just as scott (thanks scott) posted that were recorded on a hand held camera.

If Korg were not ready to demo the instrument then they really should not have demoed it at all. I am pretty sure that these demos have very much dampened the enthusiasm for the Pa3x. Just go to the Korg forum and the lack of posts says it all. What a terrible own goal by Korg. And i thought only roland knew how to destroy its own sales....

#312484 - 01/15/11 12:32 AM Re: Steve McNally from Korg Pa3x demo [Re: spalding1968]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Anything other than peer demos is a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Mind you, I am surprised that some absolutely terrible user demos somehow don't get used as 'proof' that the instrument sucks in the first place, but a bad demo by some flack at NAMM that probably only saw the thing for the first time that day is offered up as proof incontrovertible.

Someone does an amazing launch demo, and people go 'That's sequenced, and massaged' (I remember seeing several Tyros 2 factory demos that, while being different players, was essentially the same performance with minor variations), and someone does a bad demo and it's all of a sudden the arranger's problem.

I have heard amazing factory demos for the T4 and Audya both, but OTOH, I have yet to hear a user demo that came close. Put these great keyboards in the hands of mere mortals, and you are going to get average (or less!) results.

Thank God, IMO it's still 90% the player. Then 10% preparation. And, in fairness, with BOTH, almost any arranger can be made to sound wonderful. And with them missing, any arranger can be made to sound BAD!

#312487 - 01/15/11 01:06 AM Re: Steve McNally from Korg Pa3x demo [Re: Diki]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
ok Diki . Lets see what korg comes forward with in the next few weeks to promote their latest offering.

The Pa3x is no dog for sure and i am not pushing that image. The specs tell you that it is capabale of much much more than its two predecessors. My critiscisms relate only to the repackaged sounds and styles.

#312491 - 01/15/11 04:12 AM Re: Steve McNally from Korg Pa3x demo [Re: Saswick]
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Tyros 4 or psr s 910 has nothing to worry about.

Thnak Korg to put Yammy style 4 Variations, Chord sequener/More FX and graet harware and improved VH.But these guys are still missing the point .Korg styles (Long train running style sound the same as PA 50) in general still suck.

Wake up Korg! = If oyu can't fix your style department (more and more), you are not fixing anything.

Edited by jamman (01/15/11 04:14 AM)

#312597 - 01/15/11 03:10 PM Re: Steve McNally from Korg Pa3x demo [Re: Saswick]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Every arranger that comes out has basically the same ratio of old and new. And it is all usually no more than 10%. How many NEW sounds and styles did the T4 get, compared to the total number of sounds?

About the same.

If you like Yamaha, you aren't going to change ships for a mere 10% new in a Korg. And vice versa.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online