SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#312429 - 01/14/11 03:31 PM Re: Steve McNally from Korg Pa3x demo [Re: Saswick]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
listen to the Kronos demos and you wil hear god quality samples even from hand held cameras . I dont hink we can excuse the PA3X for poor sounding demos even with hand held cameras. Anyway i have said too much already. The instrument has only just been introduced and the keyboard is much deeper than its sounds. The value of the instrument is greater than the sum of its parts which is why i got the original PA1X. Certainly there is scope for better production on the PA3X and for sculpting the sound the way you want but out of the box the nod has to go to yamaha.

#312444 - 01/14/11 05:37 PM Re: Steve McNally from Korg Pa3x demo [Re: spalding1968]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Wow! The Pa3X really sounds great! The demos, although recorded in less than ideal conditions, sounded very good on my computer system. Of course I've got a great sound card plus I'm running it through good quality speakers.

It should be very interesting to hear what the Pa3X really sounds like once there are more professional quality demos produced. Stand back Yammie! wink Korg may have just cleaned your clock. cool

The two concerns I have are that it still has only 120 note polyphony and/or the price. Weight doesn't seem to be too big of a concern for the 76 key version although the over 65 crowd will probably want to pass. laugh

The TC Helicon Harmonizer appears to be outstanding too. It has the same technology as in the Voice Live2 apparently. The ability to play Mp3 audio is great also, plus the ability to remove the vocal part from the Mp3. I can't wait to hear some of the Organ and Guitar sounds too. Hopefully the B3 simulation is excellent as well as the other type of organ sounds. Korg is touting the Guitar sounds as amazing but we'll have to wait and see. frown I wonder when it will be available? NAMM > Not Available Maybe by May. wink Probably at least a few months wait more than likely. Oh well.

All the best,
Mike

#312458 - 01/14/11 07:59 PM Re: Steve McNally from Korg Pa3x demo [Re: Saswick]
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
Donny are you not the one who says ... " you must play it live .. "? In all fairness, the "Live" demo is "Minimal" quality.
I say lets take a big deep breath and wait for the real deal. As much as I am anxious to hear demoes I know a 'Live" demo like what we have seen so far will never do justice to any KB.

#312461 - 01/14/11 08:47 PM Re: Steve McNally from Korg Pa3x demo [Re: Saswick]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I'm pretty sure I heard from a reliable source that the PA2XPRO (I'm sue the 3 is the same) does not include the polyphony in the style tracks. Only L, R1, R2, R3.
But That's 2nd hand info
Anyways I'vs had a lot going on and never heard a dropped note on my PA2. But that doen't mean it hasn't happened.
Lee S.

#312462 - 01/14/11 09:00 PM Re: Steve McNally from Korg Pa3x demo [Re: JCkeeys]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: JCkeeys
Donny are you not the one who says ... " you must play it live .. "? In all fairness, the "Live" demo is "Minimal" quality.
I say lets take a big deep breath and wait for the real deal. As much as I am anxious to hear demoes I know a 'Live" demo like what we have seen so far will never do justice to any KB.

That the point those demos were "real" played ootb and not studio enhanced like the factory ones will be ...... thats the way I wanted to hear them....& I'm not Impressed or amazed, sorry.

#312473 - 01/14/11 09:57 PM Re: Steve McNally from Korg Pa3x demo [Re: Saswick]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The crappy mics on those little video cameras don't record enough bass to balance the sound. There's no way to know what it really sounds like yet. The Yamaha streaming video came off the mixer, and you could hear all the parts.
I expect the sound of the Korg to be excellent. The variations in styles may be another story. We'll see if they have learned any Country since the last generation. They COULD listen to some Ketron styles to get a clue.
DonM

#312476 - 01/14/11 10:28 PM Re: Steve McNally from Korg Pa3x demo [Re: DonM]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: DonM
The crappy mics on those little video cameras don't record enough bass to balance the sound. There's no way to know what it really sounds like yet.

Back at Naam 2009, I recorded the below demo of Martin Harris playing Tyros 3 using my subcompact still camera with merely add on video capability which I'm sure has a similar/lesser quality 'built in' camera-phone type mic than was used on the Korg PA3X demos. For a more apples to apples equally lousy recorded 'sound quality' comparison between the PAX3 & the older Tyros 3, take a trip down memory lane and revisit my 2 year old Martin Harris Tyros 3 videos: grin

#312477 - 01/14/11 10:33 PM Re: Steve McNally from Korg Pa3x demo [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Nice demos .....but I'll never understand how one minute he's talking to the people... and the next he closes his eyes & always does this weird head trance thing when he starts playing it seems so fake.

Edited by Dnj (01/14/11 10:33 PM)

#312478 - 01/14/11 10:55 PM Re: Steve McNally from Korg Pa3x demo [Re: Saswick]
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Thanks Scott. I was wrong. It doesn't matter what camera has been used. It depends on the performer and it goes beyond how well he/she plays the keyboard, it also depends on the excitement transmitted by him/her by his gestures (may be those that Dnj didn't like)
I feel a positive energy watching Martin's own enjoyment.
Yamaha has transmitted me that since I was a kid, they know how to do it.

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#312481 - 01/14/11 11:33 PM Re: Steve McNally from Korg Pa3x demo [Re: vagro]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
personally, I don't think a demo would sway me one way or the other. I look for certain functions in a keyboard & base my decision on that.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online