SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#312190 - 01/13/11 04:12 PM Re: Korg's Official Website Updated: Pa3X & Kronos [Re: miden]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: miden
I mean for example it has the EP's from the SV-1, so I would hardly call that the same as the PA2???

I think we need more than "cursory" glances at a patch list to make a definitive statement that it "sounds the same" as the PA2.

And I really do not think anyone has REALLY had the chance to play this yet. Especially as it has not even hit the demo stage yet.

So I think, unless it's one of the Korg beta testers saying this, I would tend to take comments like this, at this stage, with a grain of salt.

Take it anyway you want, Dennis...my source is very reliable, unbiased, and, at this stage, anonymous. Sorry.

Ian

#312195 - 01/13/11 04:31 PM Re: Korg's Official Website Updated: Pa3X & Kronos [Re: ianmcnll]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
....my source is very reliable, unbiased, and, at this stage, anonymous. Sorry.

Ian

Fran??????

smile

chas

#312198 - 01/13/11 04:35 PM Re: Korg's Official Website Updated: Pa3X & Kronos [Re: cgiles]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles

Ian

Fran??????

smile

chas

Fran who? wink

Ian

Later added:

Chas, what do you think of that new Roland Atelier AT350C???

Edited by ianmcnll (01/13/11 04:40 PM)
Edit Reason: added something

#312202 - 01/13/11 04:46 PM Re: Korg's Official Website Updated: Pa3X & Kronos [Re: ianmcnll]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: cgiles

Ian

Fran??????

smile

chas

Fran who? wink

Ian

If Fran (which I doubt ;)) then that would be the MOST biased source I could think of laugh

No, Ian, all I am saying is we wait to hear and judge for ourselves, rather than broad-brush "it sounds very much the same as the PA2XPro" and even then it's a 2nd hand opinion.

I am not saying anything disparaging to either you or your source...If that's the way it came across, my apologies. Wasn't intended.

Dennis

#312211 - 01/13/11 04:55 PM Re: Korg's Official Website Updated: Pa3X & Kronos [Re: miden]
ianmcnll Offline

[quote=miden If Fran (which I doubt ;)) then that would be the MOST biased source I could think of laugh

No, Ian, all I am saying is we wait to hear and judge for ourselves, rather than broad-brush "it sounds very much the same as the PA2XPro" and even then it's a 2nd hand opinion.

I am not saying anything disparaging to either you or your source...If that's the way it came across, my apologies. Wasn't intended.

Dennis

[/quote]

I can tell you my source is a music store owner/dealer who is a Korg user (synths) and who is pretty unbiased otherwise...Fran is not biased...he is a fanatic.(Just kidding, Fran) wink

And yes, I'm very interested in hearing it, at least on line, if not in person.

I think Korg make fantastic arrangers...I've always felt that way.

Ian

#312214 - 01/13/11 04:59 PM Re: Korg's Official Website Updated: Pa3X & Kronos [Re: ianmcnll]
miden Offline

Ian I assume you accept the apology that it was not a slight against you or the other person??

And Fran, that's what I meant as well.I don't really believe you are that one-eyed!...it was a tongue in cheek comment smile

Dennis

#312215 - 01/13/11 05:01 PM Re: Korg's Official Website Updated: Pa3X & Kronos [Re: ianmcnll]
miden Offline

I can tell you my source is a music store owner/dealer who is a Korg user (synths) and who is pretty unbiased otherwise

In that case Ian, I have a suspicion as to whom you are referring.. And if I am correct, I totally agree with you.

That being the case, and the source, I will need to pull back a bit on the enthusiasm, and have a good long listen.

Dennis

#312218 - 01/13/11 05:03 PM Re: Korg's Official Website Updated: Pa3X & Kronos [Re: miden]
ianmcnll Offline

Ian I assume you accept the apology that it was not a slight against you or the other person??

And Fran, that's what I meant as well.I don't really believe you are that one-eyed!...it was a tongue in cheek comment smile

Dennis

Of course I do, Dennis...and Fanatic Fran...hey, he LOVES Roland...that can't be all bad. wink

Ian

#312220 - 01/13/11 05:10 PM Re: Korg's Official Website Updated: Pa3X & Kronos [Re: ianmcnll]
miden Offline

Dennis

Of course I do, Dennis...and Fanatic Fran...hey, he LOVES Roland...that can't be all bad. wink

Ian

Sweet, thanks m8 smile

Yeah I know Fran loves his Roland... Truth is, had they had a better system for recalling UPG's (more than 128, or being able to directly access UPGs from the storage instead of via UPS's-limit of 128) I may still have a G70...Great keyboard for playing and "tinkering" smile

I liked the Tyros 2 as well.. Sigh!!! Pity I cannot afford to have all of them smile

Dennis

#312226 - 01/13/11 05:20 PM Re: Korg's Official Website Updated: Pa3X & Kronos [Re: miden]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
I may still have a G70... Sigh!!! Pity I cannot afford to have all of them smile

Dennis

Plus 1.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online