SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#311993 - 01/13/11 07:56 AM New Roland Backing Arranger Module
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Announced at Namm 2011 - Translated from French

With the BK-7m, module fully featured interactive support, you are accompanied by musicians who can play all styles. Barely bigger than a book, the BK-7m nevertheless offers all the functions essential for soloists and orchestras men. With a string of high-quality tones and accompaniments (musical styles) selectable in the blink of an eye, the BK-7m provides enough material for an unforgettable evening. In addition to internal musical styles, you can use audio files on USB as accompaniments. You can even record your performance directly on USB to fill your fans.

- Module accompanying ultra compact MIDI compatible instruments like pianos, accordions, organs or keyboards
- Over 1,000 sounds, 57 drum kits, 128-voice polyphony
- More than 400 musical styles each with 4 memories "One Touch "
- More than 900 registrations Music Assistant for a large repertoire
- Playback SMF and audio directly from USB port
- Audio files in WAV format on a USB connected
- Function "Cover" for SMF and musical styles
- Composite video output for display

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#311996 - 01/13/11 08:17 AM Re: New Roland Backing Arranger Module [Re: kbrkr]
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

well specced sequencer with chord track ?

#312002 - 01/13/11 08:48 AM Re: New Roland Backing Arranger Module [Re: kbrkr]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
As originally posted by me yesterday...even though others disbelieved my info!!!

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread...IDEO#Post311893

#312015 - 01/13/11 10:24 AM Re: New Roland Backing Arranger Module [Re: kbrkr]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Spec's out more like a stripped down GW-8 in a module format.

Still no MOTL or TOTL arranger gear. Roland have gone low end, bigtime.

Things like this, no fully featured sequencer on board (mind you, still not sure why anyone in the 21st century wants an onboard for anything other than playback or simple editing).

If the GW-8 or Prelude don't already float your boat, I doubt this (unless it's the form factor alone) will...

#312018 - 01/13/11 10:29 AM Re: New Roland Backing Arranger Module [Re: Diki]
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki

Things like this, no fully featured sequencer on board (mind you, still not sure why anyone in the 21st century wants an onboard for anything other than playback or simple editing).

to write music away from a darn computer.... smile

#312023 - 01/13/11 10:44 AM Re: New Roland Backing Arranger Module [Re: arranger_yes_pc_no]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The thing is, there isn't a single sequencer in any keyboard at any price that even comes CLOSE to the speed and power and sheer ease of use of a software sequencer. Any MIDI sequencer will run on the cheapest of laptops (if you don't use audio), so it's not like physical proximity to a tower static setup is needed.

It just strikes me that onboard versus laptop sequencers is like comparing a low rez point and shoot camera with a 1080p TOTL digital camera/camcorder. You can record little snapshots, or arranger capture dead easy. But you want to polish it, or turn out a fully realized production, it's just not the tool for the job.

I like having sequencers onboard, don't get me wrong. But when the time comes to turn it into a full production, trying to do any detail editing on a tiny screen with no full piano-roll and list capabilities, that's frustrating as hell.

The industry moved away from onboard sequencers decades ago. Yes, they're handy for remote capture of ideas, and yes, they ought to have fairly decent editing, but I haven't seen anything for 20 years or more in ANY keyboard that has even a tiny fraction of the power and ease of something like Cubase...

And don't kid yourself that using an onboard sequencer IS 'getting away from a computer'. All they ARE are computer sequencers, just built-in. But really BAD ones!

#312033 - 01/13/11 11:09 AM Re: New Roland Backing Arranger Module [Re: Diki]
miden Offline

Spec's out more like a stripped down GW-8 in a module format.

Still no MOTL or TOTL arranger gear. Roland have gone low end, bigtime.

If the GW-8 or Prelude don't already float your boat, I doubt this (unless it's the form factor alone) will...

But it does seem like it has the Cover functions....

#312035 - 01/13/11 11:10 AM Re: New Roland Backing Arranger Module [Re: Diki]
miden Offline

The thing is, there isn't a single sequencer in any keyboard at any price that even comes CLOSE to the speed and power and sheer ease of use of a software sequencer. Any MIDI sequencer will run on the cheapest of laptops (if you don't use audio), so it's not like physical proximity to a tower static setup is needed.

It just strikes me that onboard versus laptop sequencers is like comparing a low rez point and shoot camera with a 1080p TOTL digital camera/camcorder. You can record little snapshots, or arranger capture dead easy. But you want to polish it, or turn out a fully realized production, it's just not the tool for the job.

I like having sequencers onboard, don't get me wrong. But when the time comes to turn it into a full production, trying to do any detail editing on a tiny screen with no full piano-roll and list capabilities, that's frustrating as hell.

The industry moved away from onboard sequencers decades ago. Yes, they're handy for remote capture of ideas, and yes, they ought to have fairly decent editing, but I haven't seen anything for 20 years or more in ANY keyboard that has even a tiny fraction of the power and ease of something like Cubase...

And don't kid yourself that using an onboard sequencer IS 'getting away from a computer'. All they ARE are computer sequencers, just built-in. But really BAD ones!

Yep, you got that right!!

#312097 - 01/13/11 01:45 PM Re: New Roland Backing Arranger Module [Re: kbrkr]
Mockie Offline

Loc: Dublin Ireland
I have to say I'm very excited about this BK-7m module as I'm looking for a decent module for my midi accordion,it looks nice and conpact.I was considering a Ketron SD3.
I cant wait to try one out, I expect it to be amazing.
The next question ? What is the price.

Frank

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online