SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#312084 - 01/13/11 12:50 PM Re: Jan 13th @ Namm 2011 - Korg Kronos ! [Re: Nedim]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I couldn't disagree more; Let's wait and hear what the Pa3xpro sounds like. Their synth engine is old and outdated in the Pa2xpro. If they have all the Kronos synths, then maybe we've got something.

Also, the style file system in the Pa2 is old and antiquated. Let's see if they improved upon that. And lastly, what new styles does it have and how do they make use of the new voices.

Lot's of maybe's.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#312087 - 01/13/11 01:20 PM Re: Jan 13th @ Namm 2011 - Korg Kronos ! [Re: kbrkr]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: kbrkr
I couldn't disagree more; Let's wait and hear what the Pa3xpro sounds like. Their synth engine is old and outdated in the Pa2xpro. If they have all the Kronos synths, then maybe we've got something.

Also, the style file system in the Pa2 is old and antiquated. Let's see if they improved upon that. And lastly, what new styles does it have and how do they make use of the new voices.

Lot's of maybe's.

I couldn't disagree MORE.....

I totally AGREE with Nedim, this WILL kill anything that Yamaha has, (especially for the gigging musos that use arrangers)

Yamaha have nothing whatsoever to compare. Not seriously!!

Neither does Ketron, and we all know Roland has given up the ghost...

#312099 - 01/13/11 01:48 PM Re: Jan 13th @ Namm 2011 - Korg Kronos ! [Re: Scottyee]
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
I just listened to the Kronos demos, and man I WANT ONE!! That thing really is a game changer! It is like having 9 great synths, a big control surface, sampler and a 32 channel recording studio all at once. I was contemplating a Motif XF - especially now that you get Karma for it. But man if that Kronos is in the same price range - I'll get one for sure!

I can't wait to try one out!

DocZ

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online