SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#311352 - 06/24/10 02:51 PM Re: arranger-giga question
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

ok thanks....if there's no score I'll sadly have to let it go for now, as my idea was to work away from the computer. No other option than to keep the PSR for now and wait for Liontracs to implement the score. Hopefully they will

#311353 - 06/24/10 03:53 PM Re: arranger-giga question
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by arranger_yes_pc_no:
ok thanks....if there's no score I'll sadly have to let it go for now, as my idea was to work away from the computer. No other option than to keep the PSR for now and wait for Liontracs to implement the score. Hopefully they will

you can use rosegarden on MS for this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_2RhxFT6AA&feature=related

note:
the images are from Rosegarden site and the video from youtube
http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 06-24-2010).]

#311354 - 06/25/10 02:24 AM Re: arranger-giga question

thanks AFG, interesting.

what does this mean?

'The Rosegarden development team makes Rosegarden available in source code form, to be compiled after download. We don't make ready-to-run binaries; you should get those as packages tailored for a particular Linux distribution.'

sounds all Greek to me

[This message has been edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (edited 06-25-2010).]

#311355 - 06/25/10 03:16 AM Re: arranger-giga question
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by arranger_yes_pc_no:
thanks AFG, interesting.

what does this mean?

'The Rosegarden development team makes Rosegarden available in source code form, to be compiled after download. We don't make ready-to-run binaries; you should get those as packages tailored for a particular Linux distribution.'

sounds all Greek to me

[This message has been edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (edited 06-25-2010).]

Rosegarden is already installed on MS/Groove, so you most only run the program and connect with linuxsampler.

#311356 - 06/25/10 04:25 AM Re: arranger-giga question
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Is also installed the Musescore: http://musescore.org/

No emails at all from you. Maybe is better that let me know your email that I can edit my spam filter
thanks

------
Sent by Iphone

#311357 - 06/25/10 05:42 AM Re: arranger-giga question
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
Is also installed the Musescore: http://musescore.org/

No emails at all from you. Maybe is better that let me know your email that I can edit my spam filter
thanks

------
Sent by Iphone

Ahh... that's the one I was thinking of.
All good programs but none are designed for displaying sheet music on the fly.

For a long time I've been developing my own program, but I've kind of stopped because there wasn't too much interest in it.

Here's a few screen shots of it. It's designed for use with Touch Screens in mind.

#311358 - 06/25/10 01:05 PM Re: arranger-giga question
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Hi James,

I often wondered about that app of yours after you released details over at korgforums.

Might be nice to trial a finished, or beta version? I mean I use a program called Music Reader, but I am always up for trying something that may be better.

Your program does look neat, can it also load either Jpg/bmp images ? and Can it be page controlled with a foot controller?

Playlists?

Anyhoo, if you ever decide to start work on it again, I am happy to be a trial-bunny

Dennis

PS: @ AFG and Domenico... I knew about those programs Domenico has on the MS now, but it seems the OP has very limited knowledge of both the OS on the MS, and on Linux itself. I did not want to raise his hopes of something that was fully integrated and would work as he (probably) expects it to, just like in Windows.

To use either Muse OR Rosegarden would require a huge learning curve ON TOP of the huge learning curve required for the Media Station/Groove.

The MS needs the scoring program to be integrated into the OS, as it is they are simply add-ons that need to be run seperately within the Linux OS, and not the MS OS.

#311359 - 06/26/10 01:15 AM Re: arranger-giga question

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
[B]
Ahh... that's the one I was thinking of.
All good programs but none are designed for displaying sheet music on the fly.

For a long time I've been developing my own program, but I've kind of stopped because there wasn't too much interest in it.

Here's a few screen shots of it. It's designed for use with Touch Screens in mind.

it looks very interesting, and the fact that it works with touchscreens means that it seems perfect for a Liontracs instrument! Moreover, I definitely need a program that displays sheet music on the fly. Hopefully Liontracs will give this software a serious thought, Irishacts

#311360 - 06/26/10 03:48 AM Re: arranger-giga question
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Dennis.

Quote:
Might be nice to trial a finished, or beta version?

There's actually an old demo version of it still online here.

Don't ask me though how far along it is in development compared to what I might have sitting on my PC as code. It's been a while since I even looked at this program.

Quote:
I use a program called Music Reader, but I am always up for trying something that may be better.

Music Reader looks like a very good program. My one was never finished and I really never got any input from people for features they wanted and so on.... so I'm not sure how it would even compare to a Music Reader. My approach is also rather different.

Quote:
Your program does look neat, can it also load either Jpg/bmp images ?

Yes, supports all common image formats.

Quote:
and Can it be page controlled with a foot controller?

Yes if you install a midi to keystrokes app on the PC running the software. If Domenico wanted a Lionstracs version on his keyboard, it could be very easily integrated to work with the actual buttons on the keyboard.

Quote:
Playlists?

Yep.

Quote:
Anyhoo, if you ever decide to start work on it again, I am happy to be a trial-bunny.

Would be nice if we could work this that it turned into the actual program used for Liosntracs keyboards.

Cheers
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 06-26-2010).]

#311361 - 06/26/10 12:44 PM Re: arranger-giga question
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:

Would be nice if we could work this that it turned into the actual program used for Liosntracs keyboards.

Cheers
James

Hi James,

Yes I agree totally! Would make a great add-on for the Media Station OS.....

Dennis

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online