SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#311299 - 06/16/10 12:47 PM OS 4.3 Fix + 2 items.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Domenico.
Just a quick note to say that I can't find any problems with the COMBI edit mode and working with the GM/Giga Bank. So as far as I'm concerned the Fix is good to go unless Dennis found something.

Got 2 other items I'd like to run by you though.

1: Mp3 files of a certain bit rate (224kbps and 256kbps for example) cause Media Players to hang for upwards of 30 seconds. Often when they kick back in they produce loud and horrible noises before actually starting to play the actual mp3 file.

2: I cannot send midi note data to ASIO HOST 8 and so in turn this HOST produces no sound at all. All the others work no problems. In VSTHOST you can even see there is no “Midi Router – ASIO Out 8” listed in the Midi Input Devices. Any advice on that one, is there somthing I can do here or is this a bug ?

That's it really, everything else is running like a dream. I'm even having a far better experance with Wine since adjusting the buffer rate to 256. It's not killing the sound when jumping between HOSTs at all now for me. I might even try it on 512 next to see what the latency feels like.

I can't tell the difference at all between 128 and 256 as far as latency goes, but yet it makes things run far better. I think for the number of VSTi's I run at the same time (up to 16 for 16 part sequences) that 512 might be the magic number for me.

Cheers
James.

#311300 - 06/16/10 01:55 PM Re: OS 4.3 Fix + 2 items.
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Hi James,

The MP3's I am using at the moment are encoded as VBR, and I do not seem to be having any issues, although I have not actualyl tried them on the 4.3 yet. I will try that now.

In the past I had embedded (id3) tags like album art for example (I used it for chord charts), and the MP3 player on MS refused to play those.

I have not found any issues with the OS 4.3. It all seems to be working fine here....But I will test those MP3's though, just to make sure.

Dennis

#311301 - 06/16/10 02:13 PM Re: OS 4.3 Fix + 2 items.
miden Offline

Loc: The World
MP3's are playing fine here. Even those I ran through a program called MP3 Gain (it sets the levels on all mp3's to the same, but NOT using "normaling").

LOL, I can't record EVERY song at the same level

Seriously, no issues with MP3 play either.

James, maybe you cna send me one of the mp3's you are having difficulties with? You have the email addy....I can try it out on mine???

Dennis

#311302 - 06/17/10 04:41 AM Re: OS 4.3 Fix + 2 items.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
In the past I had embedded (id3) tags like album art for example (I used it for chord charts), and the MP3 player on MS refused to play those.

Interesting, yeah that could be it. Must do some tests here to verify that.

This problem doesn't directly effect me at all, but Liosntracs lost a sale because of it. My brother-in-law is a signed DJ and I finally get him into the studio to see the Mediastation and it lets me down. It wouldn't play many of the mp3's he had on his portable HDD.

Put him off the idea of buying it totally. Even if a fix is issued, it would be very hard now to get him to look at it again as it not playing a song is a DJ's worst nightmare.

Regards
James

#311303 - 06/18/10 06:52 AM Re: OS 4.3 Fix + 2 items.
to the genesys Offline

Perhaps Dom may need to dedicate a time (2/3 weeks) for just tightening up the OS and not add any more features.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online