SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#311016 - 05/25/10 02:13 PM Re: 4.2 Patch not working for me.
miden Offline

Loc: The World
James all I ever do with these, is move the RAR to the users folder, delete the old "CURRENT" and just extract the RAR there..

Hit "restart players" and off it goes...I do not have anywhere near enough knowledge to comment on your issues.(And I DO believe you ) , all I can do is report on what I find with my system, sorry.

Dennis

#311017 - 05/25/10 02:16 PM Re: 4.2 Patch not working for me.
miden Offline

Is it possible there MAY be a small glitch in the LSCP program. I do remember you had to do a fix to make an automatic patch number adjustment.

Maybe somewhere in the process between you and Dom, the two "fixes" have cancelled each other out???

Dennis

#311018 - 05/25/10 02:30 PM Re: 4.2 Patch not working for me.
AFG Music Offline

James did you renewed the lscp file inside soundbankGM2 and presets folder both?

maybe you have a wrong file somewhere or somewhere you miss a file!!!

maybe reinstall with keep data helps?

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 05-25-2010).]

#311019 - 05/25/10 03:13 PM Re: 4.2 Patch not working for me.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Ok ...A lesson learned here tonight and a happy ending too.

Something Dennis said got me thinking so I decided to do an experiment. The way he got to 4.2v3 VS the way I did.

So first my way.
To be sure I had no rogue LSCP files I deleted the entire GigaLibrary folder and the the LSCP file from the Preset folder. Extracted the RAR to get back a fresh GigaLibrary folder, and copied the LSCP file from there into the Preset folder.

Next I went to user/mediastation and extracted OS 4.2v3. When asked if I wished to overwrite all the files I selected Yes.

Rebooted and no success. The problems remained.

So next I did what Dennis did. I deleted the current folder rather than allowing the 4.2v3 RAR to overwrite it.

Rebooted and ..... success

So what ya think of that. Overwriting the current folder did not work ( and I done 3 times in total) yet the second I deleted it and replace it like Dennis did, success.

Ho well, a lesson learned. Don't overwrite files. Delete them first if you want to replace them.

So thanks Dom, Dennis & AFG.

Kind Regards
James

#311020 - 05/25/10 04:12 PM Re: 4.2 Patch not working for me.
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Ok ...A lesson learned here tonight and a happy ending too.

Something Dennis said got me thinking so I decided to do an experiment. The way he got to 4.2v3 VS the way I did.

So first my way.
To be sure I had no rogue LSCP files I deleted the entire GigaLibrary folder and the the LSCP file from the Preset folder. Extracted the RAR to get back a fresh GigaLibrary folder, and copied the LSCP file from there into the Preset folder.

Next I went to user/mediastation and extracted OS 4.2v3. When asked if I wished to overwrite all the files I selected Yes.

Rebooted and no success. The problems remained.

So next I did what Dennis did. I deleted the current folder rather than allowing the 4.2v3 RAR to overwrite it.

Rebooted and ..... success

So what ya think of that. Overwriting the current folder did not work ( and I done 3 times in total) yet the second I deleted it and replace it like Dennis did, success.

Ho well, a lesson learned. Don't overwrite files. Delete them first if you want to replace them.

So thanks Dom, Dennis & AFG.

Kind Regards
James

Yayy!!

You have helped us so much, it was a real pleasure to be able to give just a little back

I am so glad you got it working

Cheers
Dennis

#311021 - 05/25/10 11:54 PM Re: 4.2 Patch not working for me.
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
correct, you have first to delete the file and then replace with the new one.
Anyway for mr, your issue was ONLY the LSCP file on the Presets folder.
the OS have nothing to do, just recall the script to run up the LSCP files present on Preset folder.

#311022 - 05/26/10 12:11 AM Re: 4.2 Patch not working for me.
miden Offline

Dom, a quick question on the V3 Live Arranger...I see it unpacks a "complete" LiveArranger folder, do I juts save my LiveArrangerExt.dll and copy it into the new LA folder?

Or copy across the original LiveArrangerExt.ZIP and let the program do tis activation again?

Dennis

#311023 - 05/26/10 12:19 AM Re: 4.2 Patch not working for me.
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Dom, a quick question on the V3 Live Arranger...I see it unpacks a "complete" LiveArranger folder, do I juts save my LiveArrangerExt.dll and copy it into the new LA folder?

Or copy across the original LiveArrangerExt.ZIP and let the program do tis activation again?

Dennis

Just copy your own LiveArrangerExt.ZIP file inside the new LiveArranger folder and restart.
Untill you do not change the Hard Disk, this key have embedded your HD serial number and will work only with your HD.

#311024 - 05/26/10 12:44 AM Re: 4.2 Patch not working for me.
miden Offline

Thanks Dom..

#311025 - 05/26/10 04:15 AM Re: 4.2 Patch not working for me.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Anyway for mr, your issue was ONLY the LSCP file on the Presets folder.

No that would be too obvious . If you follow my testing you would see that I deleted and refreshed all LSCP files.

The problem was 100% guaranteed down to me overwriting the current folder with the new 4.2v3 and not deleting the old and then extracting the new one.

In short, don't overwrite old files with new files. Delete the old ones first.

Hey... at least now we know and if anyone else does this in the future people will be able to give quick advice.

Regards
James

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online