SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#310991 - 05/24/10 12:19 PM Re: LSCP Update Patches (1.10) - (1.11) - (1.12)
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Hi Nedim,

No , no news yet from NI, (by the way Bill, Bandstand is also listed as a product under the NI support request page...)

And it is Colossus I have NOT Bandstand

The seller DID contact me to say he is going to also try and contact NI, and see what they can do, so maybe all is not lost...

I would have bought Goliath, except iLok have no intention of making it compatible with Linux, well thats what they told me when I was looking. It was why I went with Colossus, as it is "challenge response"

I already have Real Guitar (came with Sonar 8.5), so its ready to go....

Anyway fingers crossed

It IS putting a BIG slowdown on my commercial plans though, I was going to be using Colossus with a new online venture.

Oh well, guess it gives me more time to learn how to do a web-page

Dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 05-24-2010).]

#310992 - 05/24/10 12:22 PM Re: LSCP Update Patches (1.10) - (1.11) - (1.12)
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
If it’s Colossus, then this is made by East West not NI, and requires it to be registered to an iLok key.
Bill

Bill, its only Goliath requires the iLok, and if it was that, the iLok would have come with it and needs no different registration, the program installs looks for the iLok and off it goes, well that my understanding anyway.

Colossus is pre-iLok...

Just to clarify, when installed, and the Registration Program is run, it uses the NI interface, and sends the info to NI...I know its an East-West (Quantum Leap) product, but thats how it registers. Thats why I am dealing with NI...

Dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 05-24-2010).]

#310993 - 05/25/10 12:43 AM Re: LSCP Update Patches (1.10) - (1.11) - (1.12)
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Dennis
I see, you have an earlier version of Colossus which uses the Kontakt player sound engine, (Later versions moved over to the East West Play Engine) hence the link to NI.
When you have Colossus up and running, update the Kontakt Player to the latest version, (4) as while it won’t give you any more dedicated Colossus features, (These are determined by East West) it is more efficient with disc streaming, CPU use and Ram. (You can load and use more sounds compared to the older versions)
Hope this helps

Bill

#310994 - 05/25/10 01:06 AM Re: LSCP Update Patches (1.10) - (1.11) - (1.12)
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Hi Dennis
I see, you have an earlier version of Colossus which uses the Kontakt player sound engine, (Later versions moved over to the East West Play Engine) hence the link to NI.
When you have Colossus up and running, update the Kontakt Player to the latest version, (4) as while it won’t give you any more dedicated Colossus features, (These are determined by East West) it is more efficient with disc streaming, CPU use and Ram. (You can load and use more sounds compared to the older versions)
Hope this helps

Bill

Yes Bill, that helps a lot

I have it installed (although I only have 13 days left now,) and I noticed that as soon as I got to about 4 instruments loaded, my RAM went down to about 30mb..(I have 4 gig installed).

So I decided to change over to an AMD motherboard and use the AMD quad core that ran too hot on the Media Station, and run it to 8 gig of ram.

That tip from you, will make a big difference as well

Still awaiting a response from the seller re his contact with NI.

Dennis

#310995 - 06/04/10 08:00 PM Re: LSCP Update Patches (1.10) - (1.11) - (1.12)
miden Offline

Follow up to this story, is that NI said if they could reach the former owner and confirm it had been sold, they could "re-issue" the serial number.

They also said I would have to go through the exact same process when dealing with East West.

In the end I gave up as it being way to difficult and time consuming.

The dealer who sold it has agreed to a refund.

So a bit disappointing, but thems the breaks I guess

Dennis

#310996 - 06/04/10 08:05 PM Re: LSCP Update Patches (1.10) - (1.11) - (1.12)
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
You can use everything at this point except the Lionstracs GM library which is intended to replace your official Lionstracs GM bank.

The only reason why you can't use it right now is that you also need to download the sample data I haven't yet uploaded which will replace all Lionstracs GM Giga files. Give me a day or two at most and I'll get that online.

BTW... If you have Bandstand you can use LSCP Gen to make the file for that too right now. It's already populated with the exact file names you will get when converting Bandstand with Extreme Sample Converter into Giga files.

There's also a GM VSTi bank in the library for those who want to run Bandstand as a VSTi and not as a Giga Library.

In short you can use everything now except for the Lionstracs GM bank as your just waiting on me to upload the sample data for that library now.

Cheers
James

Hi James

Can you give an update for the above? And as Domenico dis a fix for the misplaced sounds, do we still need to run the update patches you kindly provided earlier in the thread?

Thanks
Dennis

#310997 - 06/04/10 11:46 PM Re: LSCP Update Patches (1.10) - (1.11) - (1.12)
miden Offline

I may have found a small bug James.

If I create a new Library, lets say Dennis General. As you know it has no patches in it. NP, I just click add patch, edit the source bar (ie Path to Giga File) enter the info along the
instrument setup boxes, again NP.

However when I click on add another patch, the Path To Giga File, goes back to empty, and I ahve to go through the finding the hard drive, folder and the folder containing the next sound.

Seems if one creates a brand new library, each individual patch has to get the path re-entered.

I may be mistaken, but didn't you fix this in an update?

Of course if I am doing something wrong, my apologies, and can you please advise the correct procedure.

Thanks

Dennis

#310998 - 06/05/10 04:01 AM Re: LSCP Update Patches (1.10) - (1.11) - (1.12)
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Dennis.

Quote:
Can you give an update for the above? And as Domenico dis a fix for the misplaced sounds, do we still need to run the update patches you kindly provided earlier in the thread?

I highly recommend installing the 3 patches posted in this thread. They give you lots of new features and they will add VSTi's to your database.

Domencio's TXT for P8, Trancer and Performer have mistakes in them, where LSCP Gen will generate the correct TXT files for you and it's already populated with all the sounds so you only have to press the Write button.

Regarding uploading the RAR of the GB Bank my script fixed.... I don't know if it's worth uploading at this point. In fact I feel it's best to park everything until Domencio releases OS4.3.

As soon as I started writing LSCP Gen Domenico started making changes to how the entire keyboard sees the files. It's impossible to finish the program and keep compatibility good if the goal posts keep changing, so I think it's best at this point that I wait until OS4.3 is out and I can see what Domenico has done.

With regards to my fixed GM Bank, in OS4.3 Domenico has given the system the ability to scan the LSCP files just like the script I wrote that scanned and fixed his GM Bank. But I don't know how far Domencio's script goes. Does it just report broken sounds or will it fix his GM Bank like my script does ?

It's questions like that and more that are stopping me from being able to move forward and upload the fixed GM bank. I don't want to upload massive files for no reason.

Quote:
However when I click on add another patch, the Path To Giga File, goes back to empty, and I ahve to go through the finding the hard drive, folder and the folder containing the next sound.

It's supposed to display “Not Set” each time you create a new patch because you obviously have to specify the actual giga file your assigning to that patch. However when you click on the Browse button it should bring you back to the last folder you were working from.

If you are saying here that it's not doing that, and that you are having to navigate through folders to get back to where your giga files are, then this is more likely a Vista / Win7 thing. Right click on the desktop Icon for LSCP Gen and set it to run as administrator and run the program now. That should fix the problem. The program must be run that way anyway otherwise Windows won't let it write to your hard disk.

lol.... It's a windows “feature” for our benefit that is designed to cause problems.

Quote:
I may be mistaken, but didn't you fix this in an update?

Nope, it was never a bug.

Cheers
James

#310999 - 06/05/10 01:15 PM Re: LSCP Update Patches (1.10) - (1.11) - (1.12)
miden Offline

Righto, thanks

#311000 - 06/05/10 01:55 PM Re: LSCP Update Patches (1.10) - (1.11) - (1.12)
miden Offline

It's supposed to display “Not Set” each time you create a new patch because you obviously have to specify the actual giga file your assigning to that patch. However when you click on the Browse button it should bring you back to the last folder you were working from.

Yes, I did realise that one . I think I have it figured, I am actually building a library by adding one patch at a time to the new library.

It does indeed go back to THAT folder, as it is designed to do ...I need to remember that all the Giga patches are in individual folders, so as you say, obviously I will need to navigate to each on of those in turn.

After all LSCP is not a mind reader!! LOL

Sorry, my bad...The old brain was not quite up to speed yesterday afternoon...

Cheers
Dennis

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online