SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#310981 - 05/23/10 07:33 PM LSCP Update Patches (1.10) - (1.11) - (1.12)
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi all.
I'm issuing 3 update patches that you must install in order.

patch-v1.10.db
This update adds VSTi / TXT functions to the program and also updates your Database content with all the sound for Superware P8, Trancer and Performer. The TXT files for those libraries that this program can now generate fix all issue with the Lionstracs original files. Now when you select a sound you get to hear the actual sound selected and not the next one on the list. A number of sounds are also missing from the Lionstracs TXT file for performer. This has also been addressed in this release. This update also adds a button on the Patch pages called “Add Another Patch” in order to speed up the process of adding new sounds without having to access the menu.

patch-v1.11.db
This update contains revisions and new functions for the Toolbar/Menu for managing all sounds.

patch-v1.12.db
This update gives the program the ability to print VSTi / TXT sound lists.

To install.
1: Run LSCP Gene
2: Click on File
3: Click on Update
4: Select your first update patch and click ok to update the program.

Please repeat these step to install the remaining two update patches.

Kind Regards
James Tubbritt

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 05-23-2010).]

#310982 - 05/23/10 08:05 PM Re: LSCP Update Patches (1.10) - (1.11) - (1.12)
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Thanks very much James.

After we run the patches, do we then create a new LSCP for placement in the Presets and Giga folders?

Dennis

#310983 - 05/23/10 08:29 PM Re: LSCP Update Patches (1.10) - (1.11) - (1.12)
Irishacts Offline

You can use everything at this point except the Lionstracs GM library which is intended to replace your official Lionstracs GM bank.

The only reason why you can't use it right now is that you also need to download the sample data I haven't yet uploaded which will replace all Lionstracs GM Giga files. Give me a day or two at most and I'll get that online.

BTW... If you have Bandstand you can use LSCP Gen to make the file for that too right now. It's already populated with the exact file names you will get when converting Bandstand with Extreme Sample Converter into Giga files.

There's also a GM VSTi bank in the library for those who want to run Bandstand as a VSTi and not as a Giga Library.

In short you can use everything now except for the Lionstracs GM bank as your just waiting on me to upload the sample data for that library now.

Cheers
James

#310984 - 05/23/10 08:47 PM Re: LSCP Update Patches (1.10) - (1.11) - (1.12)
miden Offline

Hi James,
Well sorta, I am creating my own GM bank from all the complete library of gig files.

(XP, GM8350, Rhodes, ETC) I am going to build one super bank of 128 for constructing midi files, and editing the Ketron style data.

So I'm not really looking for the sample data as such, UNLESS (as Homer would say ) you recommend I use it...

I am just trying to make sure of the steps needed now that I have the full Giga Librarian from you. My intent is the same though, to replace the one from Lionstracs.

Dennis

#310985 - 05/23/10 08:48 PM Re: LSCP Update Patches (1.10) - (1.11) - (1.12)
miden Offline

Although reading your post, I wonder if I should have bought Bandstand INSTEAD of Colossus???

I did not know that in Bandstand you could convert to giga....

#310986 - 05/23/10 11:54 PM Re: LSCP Update Patches (1.10) - (1.11) - (1.12)
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Although reading your post, I wonder if I should have bought Bandstand INSTEAD of Colossus???

Pesonally i think that Colossus sounds much better, and now you can use it as a VSTi to be set as your GM source.

So i would not worry to much.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#310987 - 05/24/10 12:36 AM Re: LSCP Update Patches (1.10) - (1.11) - (1.12)
miden Offline

Thanks Bachus, although I have discovered a problem wiht it.

I bought it from a dealer in Germany, who told me it was clearance of old software. He did NOT tell me it had been previously registered!!!

So I have asked NI, if they can re-issue the serial number to me, for a fee if necessary...

Otherwise, its $320 down the drain and I throw it in the bin.

I have advised NI of this dealers name and address.

So we will see what happens.

Dennis

#310988 - 05/24/10 05:58 AM Re: LSCP Update Patches (1.10) - (1.11) - (1.12)
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Thanks Bachus, although I have discovered a problem wiht it.

I bought it from a dealer in Germany, who told me it was clearance of old software. He did NOT tell me it had been previously registered!!!

So I have asked NI, if they can re-issue the serial number to me, for a fee if necessary...

Otherwise, its $320 down the drain and I throw it in the bin.

I have advised NI of this dealers name and address.

So we will see what happens.

Dennis

Hi Dennis
Are you talking Bandstand or Colossus, as $320 for Bandstand is almost 4 times more then it cost new?
If it’s Colossus, then this is made by East West not NI, and requires it to be registered to an iLok key.
In both cases you can transfer the licence by the seller contacting the manufacture, and informing them of the new owner.
Hope this helps

Bill

#310989 - 05/24/10 09:54 AM Re: LSCP Update Patches (1.10) - (1.11) - (1.12)
Irishacts Offline

Quote:

Bandstand is good, but it's no replacement for the default GM Bank. A mixture of the two together would be very good though.

I'd prefer Colossus myself, but I'd likely prefer to run it as Giga samples rather than a VSTi.

Regards
James

#310990 - 05/24/10 11:08 AM Re: LSCP Update Patches (1.10) - (1.11) - (1.12)
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Denis, any news on the Collossus? James, i might call you today or tomorow
for few questions if possible before i call Domenico for some final talks...(-:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online