Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#310960 - 05/22/10 05:10 PM VSTi TXT Structure
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi all and Domencio.

A question or two...

In a TXT file for a VSTi there is the following in the first two lines.

[Piano default]
1;0;Program

In the two lines above, is the first line needed at all by the OS ? [Piano default]
As for the second line, is “1” the program number, “0” the variation/bank select number, “Program” the name displayed on the screen and “;” just a market that divides the information ?

I'm thinking giving LSCP Gen the ability of writing these files and managing VSTi's.

Cheers
James

#310961 - 05/22/10 10:16 PM Re: VSTi TXT Structure
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
[B
I'm thinking giving LSCP Gen the ability of writing these files and managing VSTi's.

Cheers
James[/B]

Nice!!!

Dennis

#310962 - 05/23/10 12:27 PM Re: VSTi TXT Structure
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Hi all and Domencio.

A question or two...

In a TXT file for a VSTi there is the following in the first two lines.

[Piano default]
1;0;Program

In the two lines above, is the first line needed at all by the OS ? [Piano default]
As for the second line, is “1” the program number, “0” the variation/bank select number, “Program” the name displayed on the screen and “;” just a market that divides the information ?

Cheers
James

yes, you need also to add the [xxx default] category or then the display patch dont know where to fill.
then the first number is the PRG change, second is teh variation and the text name is the one that we display on the patch slots.
The “;” is the divised information that the OS script reconize.
Note:
on each category, you can aslo MIX, duplicate the all Prg/Variation that you like, example: the 5;0;James sounds, can be copyed to the all 10 category and when you switch category, you wil see the same sound.

Anyway, is only a standard TXT file, really simple to edit on Kwrite/notepad.
You need it for each VSTi/ASIO host that you like to embedded on the system.
When you make some new, just send me that I include on the next presets OS ISO.

#310963 - 05/23/10 12:44 PM Re: VSTi TXT Structure
miden Offline

So Dom, to clarify : if we have the list of patches available on out VSTi's (from the VST documents or wherever), we just need to create a text patch list as above, and just inlcude it in the presets folder?

Then when installing the VST, we tell it to access THAT text file for the patch slots on the screen?

Dennis

#310964 - 05/23/10 01:44 PM Re: VSTi TXT Structure
Irishacts Offline

Thanks Domenico.

Quote:
yes, you need also to add the [xxx default] category or then the display patch dont know where to fill.

Can you please explain how the system uses this information though because when I look at your TXT files the category names you are using have nothing at all to do with GM Bank Categories or the Category buttons on the Keyboard.

Why not just have one category like...
[Superwave P8]
2;0; Super Lead 1
3;0; Super Lead 2
4;0; Super Lead 3
5;0; PulseZync

and so on.....

What's the point of using categories when from what I can see they don't mean anything to the buttons on the keyboard or influence how the sounds are even displayed?

Quote:
When you make some new, just send me that I include on the next presets OS ISO.

Will do but as new VSTi's are added, anyone will be able to get them from LSCP Gen. It's going to be a library of VSTi's as well Giga sounds.

Quote:
Anyway, is only a standard TXT file, really simple to edit on Kwrite/notepad

Yes but mistakes are being made. Superwave P8 for example has the wrong program numbers assigned to every single sounds. This is why I want to give LSCP Gen the ability to write this information. It reduces human error.

Cheers
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 05-23-2010).]

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 05-23-2010).]

#310965 - 05/23/10 02:05 PM Re: VSTi TXT Structure
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
So Dom, to clarify : if we have the list of patches available on out VSTi's (from the VST documents or wherever), we just need to create a text patch list as above, and just inlcude it in the presets folder?

Then when installing the VST, we tell it to access THAT text file for the patch slots on the screen?

Dennis

yes, Dennis but you have to save the text file inside MAPS folder and not the Presets folder. and you can save the text file with same name as your VST. inide MAPS folder you have already some of this text files created by Domenico or Lionstracs team.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 05-23-2010).]

#310966 - 05/23/10 02:14 PM Re: VSTi TXT Structure
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
yes, Dennis but you have to save the text file inside MAPS folder and not the Presets folder. and you can save the text file with same name as your VST. inide MAPS folder you have already some of this text files created by Domenico or Lionstracs team.

Terrific Thanks AFG

Dennis

#310967 - 05/23/10 02:21 PM Re: VSTi TXT Structure
AFG Music Offline

James i think this category names written for example like this [Superwave P8] are something like Named Anchors in html.

the catogory key buttons on MS/Groove are linked to this [..........] names.
i think is for fast sound selecting Domenico used categorys.

maybe i am wrong.

#310968 - 05/23/10 02:51 PM Re: VSTi TXT Structure
Irishacts Offline

Hi AFG Music.
That makes perfect scenes, thanks for that. So basically it does not care what the category name is, it's just counting them in order.

For example.

[............] = Button 1
Insert Sounds....
[............] = Button 2
Insert Sounds....
[............] = Button 3
Insert Sounds....
[............] = Button 4
Insert Sounds....
[............] = Button 5
Insert Sounds....
[............] = Button 6
Insert Sounds....
[............] = Button 7
Insert Sounds....
[............] = Button 8

Yes ?

Just a little update too... I've looked at 3 Lionstracs VSTi TXT files so far and all the programs in them are assigned to the wrong program change numbers. When you select a sound on the screen you actually hear the next sound on the list and not the one you selected.

I'm going to import all Lionstracs TXT files into my program and this will correct them. I've just processed Superwave P8 for example and now you get to hear the right sounds when you select them.

As soon as I complete these modifications to LSCP Gen, I'll upload a update you can all get. This update will give you access to all the new TXT files and everything else.

Regards
James

#310969 - 05/23/10 03:57 PM Re: VSTi TXT Structure
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
[B]Hi AFG Music.
That makes perfect scenes, thanks for that. So basically it does not care what the category name is, it's just counting them in order.

For example.

[............] = Button 1
Insert Sounds....
[............] = Button 2
Insert Sounds....
[............] = Button 3
Insert Sounds....
[............] = Button 4
Insert Sounds....
[............] = Button 5
Insert Sounds....
[............] = Button 6
Insert Sounds....
[............] = Button 7
Insert Sounds....
[............] = Button 8

Yes ?

I guess so,

Quote:

Just a little update too... I've looked at 3 Lionstracs VSTi TXT files so far and all the programs in them are assigned to the wrong program change numbers. When you select a sound on the screen you actually hear the next sound on the list and not the one you selected.

read this, becouse you know already:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_MIDI

as you read this,i think some VST might also work like this and Lionstracs team did not know this or maybe forget and made mistake.I mean this part:

It should also be noted that some MIDI keyboards display these Program Numbers as shown in the table (1-128), whereas others show the range as actually coded in the Program Change message (0-127)

Quote:

I'm going to import all Lionstracs TXT files into my program and this will correct them. I've just processed Superwave P8 for example and now you get to hear the right sounds when you select them.

As soon as I complete these modifications to LSCP Gen, I'll upload a update you can all get. This update will give you access to all the new TXT files and everything else.

Regards
James

Great, and thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online