Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#310915 - 05/22/10 01:10 PM Re: HOW SAFE IS IT BUYING GROOVE X7
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi Tony.
The story with Ketron is beyond a joke at this point and your bad experience with them should not effect your confidence in buying a product from Lionstracs. They are nothing a like. It's been very clear for a long time that Ketron have serious administration and resource problems within the company. Issues like that and the odd lie here and htere are the results of what has happened an it ain't going to get any better for them anytime soon.

The development on a Lionstracs product is in a different league altogether. The speed is WAY faster and once a problem is found your looking at only days for a fix, not a year like Ketron, which knowing them will likely not fix the problem entirely. As for new functions, no closed keyboard can compare to the speed and progress of an open keyboard.

It's like someone trying to compare a horse & cart to a porsche just because they are two means of travel. Ketron ain't Lionstracs & Lionstracs aint Ketron.

Buy a Lionstracs and welcome to the fast lane. Just make sure you known your limited though and don't try do a sink or swim from day one. A Groove X7 would be the ideal stepping stone for you into bigger and better things, but I'd recommend using your Pa2X for the arranger and the X7 for all your sounds until such time as your comfortable and ready to start working with the X7 has an arranger.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 05-22-2010).]

Many thanks for that James, they will be jumping around now, I just need a source Germany is looking like it. I think you can buy direct from the factory.

Regards
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#310916 - 05/22/10 01:48 PM Re: HOW SAFE IS IT BUYING GROOVE X7
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
I'm sure Domencio will sell direct to you.
You just got to go through his web store.
http://www.lionstracs.com/store/-c-154.html

I know you mentioned your interested in the X7, but what colour tickles your fancy ?

Red or Black ?

If I can be of any help too, just fire away. Surly you have some questions you would like answered.

Cheers
James.

#310917 - 05/22/10 02:51 PM Re: HOW SAFE IS IT BUYING GROOVE X7
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
I'm sure Domencio will sell direct to you.
You just got to go through his web store.
http://www.lionstracs.com/store/-c-154.html

I know you mentioned your interested in the X7, but what colour tickles your fancy ?

Red or Black ?

If I can be of any help too, just fire away. Surly you have some questions you would like answered.

Cheers
James.

James Sexy Red, BTW I tried to ring you last week the number on the website did not appear to be working, is it an old number.

Regards
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#310918 - 05/22/10 02:54 PM Re: HOW SAFE IS IT BUYING GROOVE X7
AFG Music Offline

Tony Hughes maybe Domenico has even more surprises for you to with OS 4.3 next week.

I guess he maybe will make usable real-time multiple video outputs again,

or maybe bass and chord inversion for qranger!!!!!!!

simple we do not know

or...............

So next week is week of surprise.

#310919 - 05/22/10 04:46 PM Re: HOW SAFE IS IT BUYING GROOVE X7
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
James Sexy Red, BTW I tried to ring you last week the number on the website did not appear to be working, is it an old number.

Regards

The Red Head huh.... very nice.

Yeah they changed the phone lines here about a week ago when laying broadband lines so I've a new number and I need to update my website.

My new number from the UK to Ireland would be.... 00353 51 399951

Cheers
James

#310920 - 05/22/10 10:15 PM Re: HOW SAFE IS IT BUYING GROOVE X7
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:

One example can be Midem...have ordered the PCIExpress VGA...do you get it and was working?
I gave you the all support that you have request me?

Of course sometime I'm busy too or I'm in production, for that sometime the emails have some delay.

Yes I can confirm, 100% Dom was rock solid in support. He was alos rock solid in support of some issues we were having re the LiveArranger as well..

As he said, sometimes we need to wait just a day or so as he is busy, but as I said, if you get the right timing and he happens to be there, the support is pretty much immediate.

You cannot get better service than that

So you need have no fears buying the product, and knowing you can rely on getting great help from Domenico.

Dennis

PS: By the way Dom, don't be so formal, its Dennis not Miden!!!!!

#310921 - 05/22/10 11:10 PM Re: HOW SAFE IS IT BUYING GROOVE X7
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
The Red Head huh.... very nice.

Yeah they changed the phone lines here about a week ago when laying broadband lines so I've a new number and I need to update my website.

My new number from the UK to Ireland would be.... 00353 51 399951

Cheers
James

James,

I am selling the Audya this week and moving on the whole thing with Ketron is flawed, look on SZ Ketron you will see my thoughts on the matter. Thanks for the phone number I will give you a call next week for some purchasing advice. The telephones in Ireland have never been OK I worked at King Crisps about 30 years back and it took about 1 hr to call Manchester. Happy days are here again!

#310922 - 05/23/10 03:59 AM Re: HOW SAFE IS IT BUYING GROOVE X7
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
James,

I am selling the Audya this week and moving on the whole thing with Ketron is flawed, look on SZ Ketron you will see my thoughts on the matter. Thanks for the phone number I will give you a call next week for some purchasing advice. The telephones in Ireland have never been OK I worked at King Crisps about 30 years back and it took about 1 hr to call Manchester. Happy days are here again!

Just don't expect a flawless product when you buy a lionstracs. These instruments will have their issues and will probably allways have their little issues.

But since the issues are software, when you can make a good description of the problem, DOM can prolly fix them quickly (ATLEAST HE WILL TRY HIS BEST)

One more tip, if you need a rockstable OS for performing, never jump to a new OS/software verion on the day of release. First wayt and see what issues the early addapters have with the new software version.

Also make sure you have your original OS backed UP safely before upgrading, so you can allways make a step back when problems arise. Its a new way of thinking, if you can addapt to it, you'll be very happy with your RED (just love the looks of it) dreammachine

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online