SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#310860 - 05/18/10 08:38 AM Two issue with 4.2...and??
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Today I finish to assembly the last Groove X-7, then from tomorrow we start again to develope new features and bug fix.

So..this two last issue seem fixed by James, was all around the LSCP txt file.

I need to know IMPORTANT bugfix that you need to be fixed first and then I continue with the new features.
I need a numeric list of the really important bugfix ( and maybe some simple features..)
let me know
cheers

#310861 - 05/18/10 10:03 AM Re: Two issue with 4.2...and??
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
Today I finish to assembly the last Groove X-7, then from tomorrow we start again to develope new features and bug fix.

I need to know IMPORTANT bugfix that you need to be fixed first and then I continue with the new features.
I need a numeric list of the really important bugfix ( and maybe some simple features..)
let me know
cheers

qranger markers with multiple bar/beat at correct place, you know.

vertual sliders or knobs on qranger editor for reverb-choros-expression......on each track.

maybe Rui can ad for each controller event a vertual silder or knobs for each track, so when you select button on qranger vertual mixer, you see new interface with only slider or knobs

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 05-18-2010).]

#310862 - 05/18/10 10:24 AM Re: Two issue with 4.2...and??
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
qranger markers with multiple bar/beat at correct place, you know.

vertual sliders or knobs on qranger editor for reverb-choros-expression......on each track.

maybe Rui can ad for each controller event a vertual silder or knobs for each track, so when you select button on qranger vertual mixer, you see new interface with only slider or knobs

This are big features that only Rui can make.
I mean bugfix and small features on LIONSTRACS OS.

Maybe I will add one nice...for make happy Fran..

#310863 - 05/18/10 10:29 AM Re: Two issue with 4.2...and??
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
This are big features that only Rui can make.
I mean bugfix and small features on LIONSTRACS OS.

they are ideas, you and Rui, decide whether they do or not or are possible to program and when to program, so no pressure.

because everyone knows qranger is the future

#310864 - 05/18/10 10:53 AM Re: Two issue with 4.2...and??
AFG Music Offline

Quote:

and you will add????

what about this one, maybe you like this one too:

vertual metronom and a small section where you can see which style plays and what chord plays on combimode screen-giga GM/GS screen-rom chip sound screen-user sound screen- and other sound interfaces.........

if not too difficult again

#310865 - 05/18/10 12:41 PM Re: Two issue with 4.2...and??
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Just as a few suggestions:

1.Having the 3 band EQ available for MIDI files as well as the Audio files in the Players screen.

2. A "Panel Lock" function, assigned a button. This freezes all the buttons so when live, we don't accidentally launch something else whilst playing.

3.Have the user settings retained (you know velocity settings, system effects settings etc etc) when the unit is turned off.

4.The possibility of being able to create a "play list", for live gig work. That way we can set up at home, go to gig and just load up the playlist and away we go

5. Be able to drag and drop directly to the desktop, rather than just the Desktop folder in the home menu. We used to be able to do this on OS 3.x but on 4 it seems placing either files, folders, or shortcuts on the desktop itself is blocked.

6. The ability for the user to upgrade or replace Linux software. In other words allow the MS to access repositories.
Of course this is at the users risk.

7. Allow embedded artwork in MP3 files to be viewable. Sort of like mini chord charts.

Thats about it for now. But I am sure I will think of others.

Thanks for the chance to offer some suggestions Dom

Dennis

#310866 - 05/18/10 12:57 PM Re: Two issue with 4.2...and??
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
"Maybe I will add one nice...for make happy Fran.. "

Dom, are you going to send the 3 "hot Italian Babes" to me...I need newer roadies..

Can I have a hint? Does it have something to do with "drums"?

#310867 - 05/18/10 07:45 PM Re: Two issue with 4.2...and??
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Is it possible to allow a standalone Windows Application to produce sound through the system?

Or does it do this already?
I don't know, I never tested this yet.

Reason why I”m asking is because I started writing something a long time ago that was designed for gigging musicians to play audio files, display sheet music, images and song lyrics. With only an 8 inch screen it would be too small for sheet music, but there's nothing stopping people from using a second display and using the Meidastation touch screen from flipping pages and so on. Anything is possible at the end of the day. It's only code.

Here's 3 old screen shots.

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Regards
James

#310868 - 05/19/10 06:29 AM Re: Two issue with 4.2...and??
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:

I wouldn't exactly say that for issue 1.

All I did was to manually rewrite the LSCP file. When you made the changes to how Linux sampler sees the LSCP file you dropped it's ability to add + 1 to every program value it sees in the LSCP file.

Are you now saying that your going to leave it the way it is just because I've rewritten the LSCP file?

If so I need to know this because my LSCP Gen still writes the LSCP file with consideration for the fact that +1 will be added to every program value. I can quickly make the change to my program to work this way too, but I need to know ASAP as I had planned on releasing ver 1.0 tonight.

Regards
James

#310869 - 05/19/10 06:04 PM Re: Two issue with 4.2...and??
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Also maybe a small bugfix re volume sliders...I put in a seperate thread, but link is http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum44/HTML/000055.html

Dennis

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online