SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#310779 - 05/14/10 02:45 PM for LSCP, what needs to be copied
miden Offline

Loc: The World
When I create a new Giga bank on the PC, and get a new LSCP, can someone please tell me exactly WHAT files I need to transfer to the MS, and where to put them please?

And what txt file do I need and where does it go? And does it need to be enacted in the edit, or does the MS automatically load the new Giga .txt patch list for display?

I keep trying but it does not seem to work properly. I know its something I am missing, and not the MS...

Dennis

#310780 - 05/14/10 02:59 PM Re: for LSCP, what needs to be copied
AFG Music Offline

for giga GM/GS soundbank you most have this name MS-02-instruments-1 for your lscp file.

you need this file inside your GigaLibray and one copy with same name inside your Presets folder. previously you had to edit the gmgigabank_Lionstracs file inside Presets folder to for names on MS screen but that is not necessary any more, becouse Domenico made this easier. now when you give your instuments names on lscp file thode names automatically appear on MS screen.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 05-14-2010).]

#310781 - 05/14/10 03:10 PM Re: for LSCP, what needs to be copied
miden Offline

So the LSCP file I created on the PC (using James' program), just needs to be copied to the Giga Bank folder, but it must have the name MS-02-instruments-1 ?

And nothing needs to be copied to presets?

Nothing else needed? For example do I need to delete something in either Giga Folder, or Presets Folder?

Dennis

#310782 - 05/14/10 03:42 PM Re: for LSCP, what needs to be copied
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
So the LSCP file I created on the PC (using James' program), just needs to be copied to the Giga Bank folder, but it must have the name MS-02-instruments-1 ?

And nothing needs to be copied to presets?

Nothing else needed? For example do I need to delete something in either Giga Folder, or Presets Folder?

Dennis

yes, but you most have this MS-02-instruments-1 file in your GigaLibrary and Presets folder both, otherwise you fet linuxsampler crash. if the file created with James program is not working, you can always use qsampler instruments editor on your MS.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 05-14-2010).]

#310783 - 05/14/10 03:48 PM Re: for LSCP, what needs to be copied
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Dennis.

My program outputs the file with the correct file name. So you don't even have to name the file yourself.

There is no need for a text file either.

All you need to do is....

1: Generate the LSCP file using my program and copy that to the Presets folder.

2: Copy the folder containing all the samples you added to my program into the GigaLibrary folder.

Reboot and that's it.

Regards
James

#310784 - 05/14/10 03:58 PM Re: for LSCP, what needs to be copied
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi Dennis.

My program outputs the file with the correct file name. So you don't even have to name the file yourself.

There is no need for a text file either.

All you need to do is....

1: Generate the LSCP file using my program and copy that to the Presets folder.

2: Copy the folder containing all the samples you added to my program into the GigaLibrary folder.

Reboot and that's it.

Regards
James

James do not forget one copy inside GigaLibrary otherwise you get linuxsampler crash.

#310785 - 05/14/10 04:58 PM Re: for LSCP, what needs to be copied
Irishacts Offline

That's new to me. Are you sure ?
Why on earth would Linux Sampler need to have two copies of the exact same file to operate?

Regards
James

#310786 - 05/14/10 05:29 PM Re: for LSCP, what needs to be copied
miden Offline

Thanks guys...I will run through it again following your steps..I think I was confusing the MS with too many folders ...oops

Dennis

#310787 - 05/14/10 05:48 PM Re: for LSCP, what needs to be copied
Irishacts Offline

Hi Dennis

Just reading the manual here and AFG Music might be right. Under all previous OS released you had to have the LSCP file in both the Preset folder and the GigaLibrary folder.

I've no idea why this must be done as it makes no logical sense for Linux Sampler to read from two identical flies, but hey... the entire structure of the file is just as strange so far be it from me to expect anything to do with Linux Sampler to be logical.

Maybe none of this applies under 4.2 after the changes that were made, but either way I won't know until tomorrow and I format my Meidastation and get everything up and running.

My goal this weekend is to fully test LSCP Gen and to see it's files running on the Mediastation.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 05-14-2010).]

#310788 - 05/15/10 12:12 AM Re: for LSCP, what needs to be copied
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
The LSCP MS-02-instruments insode the Gigalibrary folder is ONLY a backup file, the system will load ONLY the LSCP from the Preset folder.

About the gigalibrary under copy mode, I don't know too, but seem that when we just COPY the gigalibrary folder some will be not copied OR some files will be renamed/changed..no idea.
99% of the time, if is only copyed, the sampler crash, mean that some is changed.
IF you delete my SoubankGM2 and then extract again the sounbankGM2.rar, then all work perfect.
MAYBE when I had compressed this folder, the rar system changed some?
Anyway, we can resolve easy.
James, try just to update some GM sounds and make this bank sounds better.
Then we compress all and we test.
If you can release/update me a better GM sounbank, I wil then include to the all MS/Groove user.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online