Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#310515 - 05/04/10 06:52 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:

All of which is totally possible. I've designed the program that when I want to update it or add entirely new functions, all I need to do is issue you guys with an update patch. You open the program, go to “File” and select “update” and load the patch issued through the menu displayed at this point. This will update the entire program without it even needing to be restarted

Regards
James.

Excellent, now if we can work on how we can get VST libraries included on the MS/Groove data base......

Dom are you listening???? LOL

Thanks James....Can't wait to put it to work!

Dennis

#310516 - 05/05/10 07:41 AM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Guys.
Ok, here's the first beta release for review.

I do not recommend loading the LSCP file this program generates into your Mediastation until Domenico gets a look at how I've implemented all this.

beta-v0.9.exe

The program outputs the LSCP file to your c:\ folder.

Vista and Win7 users...
If when you press the button no file is generated, please run LSCP Gen as Administrator.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 05-05-2010).]

#310517 - 05/05/10 08:39 AM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
Irishacts Offline

PS: When you install the program there will be a few files listed in the GM bank from my own library. Just delete those if you want to add your own.

#310518 - 05/05/10 01:00 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
miden Offline

Thanks so much James...I will download now and give it a try-out.

Great work m8...Truly appreciated

Dennis

#310519 - 05/05/10 01:24 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Bravo James
I have download right now and the tool is working.
I have to test first if is missing some that match with the original lscp file.
I will make tomorrow because now I just terminated the OS 4.2 Update, for now I think is enough.
How promised, also update the sampler GIGA solo Gui, under EDIT mode:

The info you can read yourself..

I wait now this friday the Wine,org release the new Wine and then we burn the ISO 4.2
Just some days patience..
I'm also uploading the new currentOS4.2rev1931 on gFTP server ( bookmark Lionstracs)

#310520 - 05/05/10 01:47 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
miden Offline

James, I was re-looking at the volume settings....I wnet and had a look at a file sent to me by Zmago, and in it he also uses the 0.0 system, so I think that may be the way the Linux sampler looks at volume??

Zmagaos actually had variations, mostly 0.05 and 0.09.

The default Lionstracs one is all 0.09, but then if you look at all the volume for each patch, they are ALL at max (127).

I did not get the chance to fully check Zmagos list, but I bet the ones at 0.05 are probably at volume levels of about 75-80??

What do you think?

Dennis

#310521 - 05/05/10 02:11 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
AFG Music Offline

very good piece of software,
works well. now just wait and see if your LSCP file is good enough when tested by Domenico.

because you see some things different. if you compare your file and file from qsampler instrumens editor.

In short, you did a good job.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 05-05-2010).]

#310522 - 05/05/10 02:27 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
Irishacts Offline

Hi Dennis.

Quote:
James, I was re-looking at the volume settings....I wnet and had a look at a file sent to me by Zmago, and in it he also uses the 0.0 system, so I think that may be the way the Linux sampler looks at volume??

Yep.. but if you look here.... http://www.linuxsampler.org/api/lscp-1.4.html#SET%20CHANNEL%20VOLUME

So a value of less than 1.0 is a decrees in volume, and a value higher than 1.0 increases the volume. This does not make any sense to me as it does not relate to any scale I know of and they do not even define the range of this set of values.

Quote:
Zmagaos actually had variations, mostly 0.05 and 0.09.

Are your numbers correct there ? I haven't looked at any other files than the default GM bank and the numbers in there are not formatted like that. The volume is displayed as 0 0.9 and not 0.09
There is a space between the first number and the second two, plus look at the decimal point.

So either the information Domencio posted on structure of the file is wrong and the first digit is for something else entirely, or this is one crazy way to specify volume.

Regards
James.

#310523 - 05/05/10 02:35 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
now just wait and see if your LSCP file is good enough when tested by Domenico.

because you see some things different. if you compare your file and file from qsampler instrumens editor.

Yes.... if you look at the last post on page 1 of this thread, I've posted a question for Domenico about this.

The documentation on linuxsampler.org is awful.

Regards
James.

#310524 - 05/05/10 02:45 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi Dennis.

Are your numbers correct there ? I haven't looked at any other files than the default GM bank and the numbers in there are not formatted like that. The volume is displayed as 0 0.9 and not 0.09
There is a space between the first number and the second two, plus look at the decimal point.

So either the information Domencio posted on structure of the file is wrong and the first digit is for something else entirely, or this is one crazy way to specify volume.

Regards
James.

I'll send it to you via email...

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online