Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#310495 - 05/03/10 06:24 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi Dennis.

Thanks mate. Comments like that make the amount of effort it takes to write stuff like this worthwhile.

From what I gather, and correct me if I'm wrong here because this is not every day programming for me. There's a -1 vale that needs to be written into all code when dealing with GM.

The Program change values are from 0 – 127, but the standard program names are from 1 to 128. So for example if you wanted Piano 1, that's called program 1, but the actual Program Change value is 0.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_MIDI

Do you agree with that ?

Cheers
James

Yes 100% correct. All the majors write that into their patch banks as a matter of course.

number one patch is always the piano and it is alwasy listed as CC0 0, CC32 0, Patch # 1.
But in real terms (MIDI spec-wise) it is patch # 0.

Why all CC's use numbering from 0-127, BUT patch uses 1-128 I really don't know, but as Roland were one of the main instigators of the GM spec, and they used banks of 8...16 banks of 8 = 128????

Maybe it made it easier for the early instruments with higher bank levels....

D

#310496 - 05/04/10 07:48 AM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi all.
Here's one last video preview. Next time you see the program in a video it will be finished.

Beta Preview 2

Since recording the video I've fixed the Print function you see in the video.

Can you think if anything else you need at this point ? If there's nothing left to add, I was going to start writing the code for generating the LSPC file.

Regards
James

#310497 - 05/04/10 08:08 AM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
Irishacts Offline

Screen shot of the printouts now working.

Regards
James.

#310498 - 05/04/10 08:14 AM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
AFG Music Offline

Amazing,

can users change the real giga file name in box that you have created with name Giga File Name?

is great,

now await response from Domenico. I think he will say that this is complete.

I must not forget to say:

thank you

#310499 - 05/04/10 08:38 AM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
Irishacts Offline

Yes, but Lionstracs are pulling Patch names that will be displayed on the screen from the actual giga file names.

It's a shame we didn't work together on this when Lionstracs were making changes to Linux Sampler because the way it's been implemented now you must make sure your file names make sense as the file name will be displayed as the Patch name on the screen.

Where if we had of worked together on this, we could have made use of my editor to allow you to freely name a Patch on the screen without even caring what the actual Giga file name was.

Regards
James

#310500 - 05/04/10 08:55 AM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Yes, but Lionstracs are pulling Patch names that will be displayed on the screen from the actual giga file names.

It's a shame we didn't work together on this when Lionstracs were making changes to Linux Sampler because the way it's been implemented now you must make sure your file names make sense as the file name will be displayed as the Patch name on the screen.

Where if we had of worked together on this, we could have made use of my editor to allow you to freely name a Patch on the screen without even caring what the actual Giga file name was.

Regards
James

i think, if you change names it most work from lscp to. becouse qsampler instument editor has this function already. it is a part of LSCP file. what Domenico means that
gmgigabank_lionstracs.txt inside preset folder is not more need.

because previously we had to edit this file for sounds from lscp file to see on MS/Groove screen.

maybe I'm wrong,we can better wait for a response from Domenico.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 05-04-2010).]

#310501 - 05/04/10 09:39 AM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:

Regards
James

lol...all is calculated..
on your LSPC system you have to add the last fild after the Persistent/ On Demand, you have the filename.gig that this one will displayed on the MS GUI.
here the LSCP string example that I made for you:
# MIDI instrument map 0 - Chromatic
ADD MIDI_INSTRUMENT_MAP 'Chromatic'
MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 0 GIG '/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/SoundbankGM2/001Acoustic\x20Grand\x20Piano/GrandPiano.gig' 0 0.9 PERSISTENT 'Open Platform!! [0]'
MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 1 GIG '/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/SoundbankGM2/002\x20Bright\x20Acoustic\x20Piano/BrightPiano.gig' 0 0.9 ON_DEMAND_HOLD 'James... [0]'
MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 2 GIG '/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/SoundbankGM2/003\x20Electric\x20Grand\x20Piano/003\x20Electric\x20Grand\x20Piano.gig' 0 0.9 PERSISTENT 'Edit your LSPC [0]'
MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 3 GIG '/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/SoundbankGM2/004\x20Honky-Tonk\x20Piano/HonkyTonk.gig' 0 0.9 ON_DEMAND 'Editor, the last.. [0]'
MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 4 GIG '/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/SoundbankGM2/005\x20Electric\x20Piano\x201/05-00\x20E\x20Piano\x201.gig' 0 0.9 ON_DEMAND 'name sound.. [0]'

Here is the update Gui with the new text:

so..just add this filed on your application and you are able to write and see on GUI what you like.
is good?
Now I upload the new Current update with the fixed velocity engine, new Performance combi and some else..
let me know

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 05-04-2010).]

#310502 - 05/04/10 09:44 AM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
lol...all is calculated..
on your LSPC system you have to add the last fild after the Persistent/ On Demand, you have the filename.gig that this one will displayed on the MS GUI.
here the LSCP string example that I made for you:
# MIDI instrument map 0 - Chromatic
ADD MIDI_INSTRUMENT_MAP 'Chromatic'
MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 0 GIG '/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/SoundbankGM2/001Acoustic\x20Grand\x20Piano/GrandPiano.gig' 0 0.9 PERSISTENT 'Open Platform!! [0]'
MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 1 GIG '/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/SoundbankGM2/002\x20Bright\x20Acoustic\x20Piano/BrightPiano.gig' 0 0.9 ON_DEMAND_HOLD 'James... [0]'
MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 2 GIG '/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/SoundbankGM2/003\x20Electric\x20Grand\x20Piano/003\x20Electric\x20Grand\x20Piano.gig' 0 0.9 PERSISTENT 'Edit your LSPC [0]'
MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 3 GIG '/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/SoundbankGM2/004\x20Honky-Tonk\x20Piano/HonkyTonk.gig' 0 0.9 ON_DEMAND 'Editor, the last.. [0]'
MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 4 GIG '/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/SoundbankGM2/005\x20Electric\x20Piano\x201/05-00\x20E\x20Piano\x201.gig' 0 0.9 ON_DEMAND 'name sound.. [0]'

Here is the update Gui with the new text:
[img]http://www.lionstracs.com/store/images/2010/sampler/samplerLSCP.jpeg[img]

so..just add this filed on your application and you are able to write and see on GUI what you like.
is good?
Now I upload the new Current update with the fixed velocity engine, new Performance combi and some else..
let me know

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 05-04-2010).]

I knew you thought about this before to start
change everything,becouse qsampler instruments editor do this, it is a part of lscp file as i said before, lol

thanks

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 05-04-2010).]

#310503 - 05/04/10 12:08 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
Irishacts Offline

lol.... Nice one Domenico...!!!!!

Just ran into a big problem on my end. Allowing the program to actually store the Giga files within the database is not going to work. I'm storing everything attached to the program within a single file and because the files we will be attaching can be anywhere from hundreds of megabytes in size to gigabytes, my database file is too big.

Once you exceed the 4GB mark Windows doesn't like it and the entire system slows down to a crawl. I've even tried to write in a function that limits the database file to 2GB and when you exceed that it creates a second file that can also accept 2GB and so on.... But it's too slow as the files are just too big. Your hard disk will take too long to open and search the database.

So.......

To get around this problem I've had to remove the ability to attach files, but you still won't have to type in paths or file names. I've added a “Get Path” option that pulls in the path to your selected giga file and it populates the relevant fields.

Ultimately it does the same thing, the files are just not attached to the database. They are just sitting in a folder on your hard disk and the program can extract the information it needs when you select the file.

Regards
James

#310504 - 05/04/10 12:12 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Looks sweet James.

Dennis

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online