SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#310459 - 04/24/10 11:51 AM Structure of the lspc file
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi guys.

With regards to the GM files, I started looking at the txt and lscp files and I was wondering if someone could explain their function and the structure of the lspc file to me.

The first sound for example is......
MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 0 GIG '/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/GM Folder/001 Acoustic Grand.gig' 0 0.5 PERSISTENT '001 Acoustic Grand'

Can someone please break that down for me.

I'm thinking of writing a Librarian.

Regards
James

#310460 - 04/24/10 12:54 PM Re: Structure of the lspc file
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi guys.

With regards to the GM files, I started looking at the txt and lscp files and I was wondering if someone could explain their function and the structure of the lspc file to me.

MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 0 GIG '/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/GM Folder/001 Acoustic Grand.gig' 0 0.5 PERSISTENT '001 Acoustic Grand'

Regards
James

the best way is to open and edit this file with qsamler fronted. open this file with qsampler and select view and select instruments. you get new screen where you see everything, and you know what they mean.

#310461 - 04/24/10 01:21 PM Re: Structure of the lspc file
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Hi guys.

Regards
James

Moreover, you have the wrong lscp file?

this lscp file is not for SoundbankGM2 folder. inside your Prestes folder and inside your Gigalibrary you have a lscp file with name MS-02-instruments-1.lscp

this one is used for main GM/GS banks for styles and midi ande layer 4 key.

'/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/SoundbankGM2/001Acoustic\x20Grand\x20Piano/GrandPiano.gig' 0 0.9 PERSISTENT 'GrandPiano.gig [0]'

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 04-24-2010).]

#310462 - 04/24/10 01:34 PM Re: Structure of the lspc file
AFG Music Offline

I'm curious to hear your sampled sounds

#310463 - 04/24/10 01:56 PM Re: Structure of the lspc file
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Hi guys.

Regards
James

ciao james
I try to explain you how is working..
The LSCP are only a txt file script that the Linuxsampler load all automatically on startup or when you send this type of messages.
here you can find the all linuxsampler documentation: http://www.linuxsampler.org/api/lscp-1.4.html#MIDI%20Instrument%20Mapping

So, your point is:
"MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 0 GIG '/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/GM Folder/001 Acoustic Grand.gig' 0 0.5 PERSISTENT '001 Acoustic Grand'"
MAP MIDI Instruments: mean load and map the giga sound.
first 0: 0= Chromatic sounds, 1= Drum Kit sounds
Second 0: MSB+LSB number ( are merged)
Third 0: Program change
'/home/mediastation/...is the path of the .gig file
Then you have the 0.5: it mean the volume of this sound
Persistent: here we have 3 loading mode:
A) On demand=Mean that Load this sound only when this program change is recalled, first load in chace the 64kb RAM wav and then will play.When this sounds is not more used, will automatically deleted from the Ram ( happen when is change a program change on the same CH)
B) On Demand Hold= same as before, but will NOT deleter from the ram chace, always Hold on system
C) persistent: mean that this sound will loaded from script and always present on system. when you send program changes with all Persisten sounds, they will play asap, like a ROM system, without any chace preloading.

All the others numbers and sounds names are used for Send by TCP network message to the slave device, where can display the name of the sound.

#310464 - 04/24/10 02:05 PM Re: Structure of the lspc file
LIONSTRACS Offline

Now I try to explain HOW is made the MS sampler script system.

On LIONSTRACS OS code we have embedded this link code:
1) Audio-midi Devices: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/qsampler/MS-01-devices-1.lscp
This script inizialize the sampler for creating the all audio OUT ports and the 6 Midi OUTS ports that you can see under Jack.
2) Midi Channels: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/qsampler/MS-03-channels-1.lscp
here is inizialized each midi channels for what have to do, like midi CH, sends, Audio outs, chromatic or drunkits.
give a look and then you can understand.

This two script are saved on our BIN code, you can also cedit if you want and save the new setting.

3) Instruments mapping: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/qsampler/MS-02-instruments-1.lscp
here are the all GM/GS sounds that I have mapped for the basic GM/GS sampler system. the all sounds are mapped on the SoundbankGM2 folder.

This LSCP file you can edit under TXT mode, but you must give the correct file path or the sampler can NOT find it.
Every time that you restart the players, this script will be reloaded, go in PLAYER 2, load one Midifile and test how is working..

#310465 - 04/24/10 02:20 PM Re: Structure of the lspc file
LIONSTRACS Offline

Another way to editing and mapping the Giga Soundbank is to use the Qsampler editor.

Note: the LIONSTRACS code will also load automatically 3 Instruments LSCP files script.
the first basic one is located on the Preset folder: MS-2-instruments-1.lscp
You can aslo create 2 more script soundbank that are loaded automatically ( all 3 LSCP then are merged)
So.. you can edit the first instruments.lscp file OR add a new LSCP file with new sounds that will be merged on the first map.
the files LSCP must be named:
MS-2-tyros.lscp
MS-2-oriental.lscp
when this files are located inside the Preset folder, the restart players will load all and merge the all sounds.
NOTE: NEVER duplicate the PRG+LSB number on other LSCP file or the system wil crash! Only 1 PRG+LSB with the same sounds can be present or you get conflict system.

Now the simple game for editing your own soundbank.

Restart the players that you have then a CLEAN system, without loading and running NOTHING more.
The sampler will load in background the all gigasounds and automatically mapped.

Change desktop to one empty.
Run up the Qsampler ( if you can not find, open the Konsole and type: qsampler)
Will start the Qsampler and loading the all MS sampler script and sounds.

Automatically you wil see the all 128 Midi channels slot up.

Now press on the qsampler the key: Instruments map.
will open a new Gui and display you the all giga sounds mapped on the system.

Now with this current open map, you can start to editing all, chgange sounds, levels and so on
You have the TAB for the chromatic and Drumkits sounds.

Make now all what you want and then SAVE.
Go on Player 2, load a midifile and TEST how is working.

After you made all and saved, Quit the Qsampler.
Go in preset folder and open manually the:
MS-2-instruments-1.LSCP and REMOVE on the message: RESET, then save again

( this because we already send the RESET message before, if you leave there, is possible that will reset the smapler and then you dont have any sounds)

Tomorrow I post here some qsampler shoots again

let me know

#310466 - 04/24/10 02:27 PM Re: Structure of the lspc file
LIONSTRACS Offline

About the MSB and LSB, on linuxsampler/qsampler not exist
The bank number in QSampler is neither MSB nor LSB, it's MSB and LSB merged to one value together. So you can address the whole range of MIDI banks with QSampler / JSampler / LinuxSampler.

MSB LSB <-> LinuxSampler
0 1 1
0 2 2
0 127 127
1 0 128
1 1 129
1 2 130

the Formel is:

LinuxSampler Bank Nummer = MSB * 27 + LSB

Example:

MSB=121, LSB=2
LS Bank = MSB * 27 + LSB
= 121 * 27 + 2
= 121 * 128 + 2
= 15490

All the others Prg number you know how to inputs.
this mean that under Linuxsampler we are allowed to create up to 15490 Bank select and also unlimites LSCP files.

You can also create different LSCP file ( with the same name: MS-2-instruments-1.lscp and put on preset folder. In this way you can create how many different giga soundbank that you like.
The all files can be path on the same folder OR mixed from any folders.
Of course..NO limits of file size... ( depend also how many layers you have used and how much RAM chace you need...if you need a lot...remember that you can install 16Gb RAM)
cheers

#310467 - 04/24/10 02:37 PM Re: Structure of the lspc file
LIONSTRACS Offline

Last post for today

about the Devices: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/qsampler/MS-01-devices-1.lscp
bottom you see the master volume of the sampler:SET VOLUME 0.08

you can edit in dB, 0.09, 0.10, 0.15..and you have more master volume, BUt then you can have also sound distorsion on main outs...

this file for editing is located:
/usr/mediastation/current/bin/MS-01devices-1.lscp
ther you can find also the MS-03-channels-1.lscp

#310468 - 04/25/10 03:27 AM Re: Structure of the lspc file
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Thanks a million Domenico.
That's more than I could have ever hoped for.

Excellent..!!!!

Regards
James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online