Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#310418 - 04/09/10 02:33 PM Re: VSTHOST loosing sound
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
ah..another note HOW to change sounds..
on your video, after you have loaded one VSTi, you change the desktops and then you change the program change sounds...wrong and HARD way.

How the OS system work:
1) Layer 2= Vst Host mode, will recall the VSTi presets.
2) when you press VSTHOST, the GUI display the program Patch of the VstHost ( session slots). We have organized on 10 Banks ( keys: Piano, E.Piano, guitar...)
Each Family Bank can store Up to 127 session Patch VSTi.
So...on this main VST patch you select/Load the desidered VSTi ( you have first to load manually on VstHost interface Patch and then SAVE)
) after you have load one VST Patch ( like superwaveP8), press the MS key: DSP
DSP key:; one time pressed wil display the VstHost interface, press again and will display the MS GUI with the all program changes.
Now, with the all 6+6 keys around the display, you can change the sounds and every time you switch engine and return to VstHost, you have again the same last sound.
Press again the Layer 2= VSTHOST for change VSTi, then again the DSP key for change sounds/Interface.

Thanks for the tip.
I look forward to trying that out in the morning.

Cheers
James

#310419 - 04/09/10 03:13 PM Re: VSTHOST loosing sound
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
James I think the above way will solve your problem..

#310420 - 04/09/10 04:14 PM Re: VSTHOST loosing sound
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
James I think the above way will solve your problem..

Hi Fran.

No, that won't solve anything.
How I select sounds has nothing to do with the problem. It's simply one method I've used to demonstrate there is a problem. I can expose the bug many other ways too.

For example, if you wanted to assign some plugins to different performances in VSTHOST, there is only one way to do this and one way only. Simply operating this function can cause the sound to be disconnected for no known reason.

Regards
James

#310421 - 04/09/10 11:34 PM Re: VSTHOST loosing sound
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
I think I have found the problem..
Is the new wine version that we have included from OS 4.0, that have the memory leak issue. http://www.winehq.org/announce/1.1.42
here seem that they have fixed.
I will ask 64studio to compile and make a debian package for testing.
The fact, how zmago told before, the much older version of wine support much better the Vsthost and installer.
I have to make some test with new version.

#310422 - 04/10/10 06:14 AM Re: VSTHOST loosing sound
Irishacts Offline

Excellent...!!!!!
I hope your tests go well too.

If you need a hand with testing just let me know. I'm not using the keyboard on stage yet so at this moment in time I don't mind running untested software.

Regards
James

#310423 - 04/11/10 07:25 AM Re: VSTHOST loosing sound
Bachus Offline

Problems like this will allways be a pain on these open systems...

Thats why i can only advise people that use an open arranger like this live on stage, not to get the latest Software version untill all/most faults have been discovered by home and studio users.

Obviously Lionstracs can't help all of these faults now and in the future because it would simply be to much testing involved to do in house.

Mind that this doesn't make open systems a bad idea... it just takes another approach as a software update could kill a feature that you really like..

But then i would not install OS4 if i had an Audya that i needed onstage for a few months either. But then Audya builds all of its own software, where mediastation uses a lot of 3rd party software and that makes this problem a major concern every time they update OS.

Tough as long as Dom keeps listening to the players and takes every problem reported seriously, then Lionstracs will be a great system.... But then since 80% of all reported failures are operature faults, and Dom does have not time to investigate all these problems too, it will be very important for Dom to sepperate the real problems from the operator faults.
This is no problem when Dom can reproduce a reported fault... but how about those faults that Dom can't reproduce...

All in all, there is a lot of work to be done for Lionstracs to keep the mediastation on the current level or improve the level while adding new features...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#310424 - 04/11/10 09:15 AM Re: VSTHOST loosing sound
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

#310425 - 04/11/10 10:24 AM Re: VSTHOST loosing sound
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Problems like this will allways be a pain on these open systems...

Thats why i can only advise people that use an open arranger like this live on stage, not to get the latest Software version untill all/most faults have been discovered by home and studio users.

Obviously Lionstracs can't help all of these faults now and in the future because it would simply be to much testing involved to do in house.

Mind that this doesn't make open systems a bad idea... it just takes another approach as a software update could kill a feature that you really like..

But then i would not install OS4 if i had an Audya that i needed onstage for a few months either. But then Audya builds all of its own software, where mediastation uses a lot of 3rd party software and that makes this problem a major concern every time they update OS.

Tough as long as Dom keeps listening to the players and takes every problem reported seriously, then Lionstracs will be a great system.... But then since 80% of all reported failures are operature faults, and Dom does have not time to investigate all these problems too, it will be very important for Dom to sepperate the real problems from the operator faults.
This is no problem when Dom can reproduce a reported fault... but how about those faults that Dom can't reproduce...

All in all, there is a lot of work to be done for Lionstracs to keep the mediastation on the current level or improve the level while adding new features...

but remember one thing. There are many programers who fix bugs in Linux open source world.
even the smallest bug that not crashes the system or does not make the system unstable or gets attention, and is no time fixed.

any software, even if rock stable. contain bugs. In a closed system, you risk that bugs never improved. lionstracs late 2008, started programming of new modern OS system. They are now almost in its final phase. look at kubuntu devolpment: http://www.kubuntu.org/news

if this is done you are more than 15 years guaranteed good working system.

most programers do their VST for Windows xp and later. This is make it user friendly. 64 bit systems have long been for sale but they make still 32bit programs. You have many studios who still use old PC or Mac with old O.S and other old hardware.

sorry but you can not compare an open OS system with a closed one.

it is well known that open source software more stable and better and safer than ordinary software. there are bugs in software of closed keyboard. but because they do not crash the system or not discovered by user are not fixed. if anyone ever finds out is late because the product is no longer supported after 2 or 3 years.

another difference of open system is always going forward and not backward, especially with software. but with closed keyboard you get the keyboard as if the manufacturer wants. you have no freedom with hardware and software.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 04-11-2010).]

#310426 - 04/11/10 01:09 PM Re: VSTHOST loosing sound
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
The problem here is a little different.
We have a team here that develope ONLY the LIONSTRACS OS application and then the 64studio.com team from UK build the final package into the kubuntu distribution.

we still develope here with the FIST Kubuntu 9.10 release, because we can not every time format the HD and install again the compiler tools and 1300 Mb of source code.

It mean that on my own developement groove I have a old Kubuntu OS and every time that 64studio update, will also update TON of new linux drivers.
This difference happen always with Wine, Jack, Audio codecs and so on..every time about 200-400 new update drivers.
For that then in my Groove developemet board and christian board the OS work and then on new OS update some stuff are not working.
From the old OS 3.x debian to OS 4.x Kubuntu 9.10 all is changed and for sure I lost some test pass...to MANY features to test every time.
This week we start to fix again the bugs, but I'm sure that soon on new Kubuntu 10.04 come out new bugs again.

I prefer to have some bugs around but have always a more stable and fast Linux OS, than stopping the Linux OS and then not have the possibility to use the new hardware.
Important is continue always on the developement and stay always one step head from the others.

Everyone can have bugs...look right now my webserver from Theplanet...DOWN!!
Ticket 6539807PLNT was updated
Ticket Summary: Possible Malicious Inbound Traffic to IP - 207.44.158.72 lionstracs.com
Ticket Queue: Technical Support

To much traffic..we get more than 3 milion visit and about 50 attack hakers...
I belive that they can fix asap..all my emails are down too....

#310427 - 04/12/10 05:53 AM Re: VSTHOST loosing sound
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Thanks James for persisting with the MS warts and all. Please keep reporting back good or bad

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online