SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#310366 - 03/31/10 10:03 PM Re: Mediastation help please !
miden Offline

Loc: The World
I had no troubles at all using a volume pedal.

Try having it plugged in when you boot up the keyboard. Same for the sustain pedal. Have it plugged in at bootup and the MS will automatically sense the polarity.

D

PS Sorry James, I just re-read my post... that was not directed at you..it was for the OP.

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 03-31-2010).]

#310367 - 04/01/10 12:32 AM Re: Mediastation help please !
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Hello Gerd
In your MS B-stock version, is installed the Organ Mixer board 24Mb, same version that have James.
The Organ mixer board is made for scanning 2 Fatar manuals and the TWO Jack pedals that you have on the back are used for the Sustain pedals, Upper and Lower manual, no possibility to use the Volume pedal.
For use the Sustain pedal and Volume pedal, you must upgrade to the new Mixer V5 ( same for James)
Also, on your Mixer board, the aftertouch is not working perfect because for a different soldered resist value on fatar scanning.
regards

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 04-01-2010).]

#310368 - 04/01/10 12:38 AM Re: Mediastation help please !
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
About the VST plugins..
To many people make mistake, they think that is the MS OS that have to loading the VST plugins, this is Wrong!
Read again the VSTHost manual.
The MS OS will ONLY run UP the VSTHost and make the all audio midi connections automatically.
On VSTHost interface you have then to load the desidered VST Plugin and SAVE the Performance. ( Save on VSTHost!)
On next restart players, the MS OS will scanning again the all VST Host programs performance saved and you will see on MS display.
The all VSTHost features are made UNDER VSTHost interface and NOT on MS OS side.
This is written on Manual too.

#310369 - 04/12/10 11:13 AM Re: Mediastation help please !
Gerdhein Offline

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
Hi,
many thanks for the answers.
Before I announce myself again, I wanted to wait whether Irishacts has the same problems with the VSTi Host to exclude accidental or operating errors.
In addition to the problem described by Irishacts a problem appears with me with the store of sample files with contact 3 Native Instruments..
As the loading of the sample files is displayed visually one can see how the charge breaks off suddenly.
Then the VSTi Host does not react any more to keyboard inputs, also not if one switches over to another Host.
Anyway, I now know through your feedback that I have not made any operational errors. You can maybe imagine that one exactly does not know by a new instrument what is wrong if something does not function.
Perhaps you are so nice to me to answer a few questions because I do not know whether certain functions in the keyboard in OS 4.0 are available or not:
1. The video button shows no reaction.
2. When playing Internet Videos (Youtube), I have no sound.
3. The video-software for playing of videos of CD wants to start, then, however, breaks off.
4. The record button is not functioning
5. I would like to address for each style from the QArranger a session designed just to patch VSTi (loaded with contact 3). However, I do not manage the Routing Midi/Asio of QArranger to VSTi. Has someone perhaps already made this or is it perhaps not possible? If it is possible, how do I route what exactly?
6. What is the intended function score and how does it work?
7. I would want the automatic hard disk check (which starts after approx. 20 starts) can switch off.
I finish the music appearances alone. It might now happen at a gig that the dance floor is filled with dancers, the system crashes, and uses a disk check on reboot. Until the system then be played back, the dance floor is now empty and the people are angry.
8. To further the instrument for the stage, etc. I would need to prepare myself the lost data. Style of QArranger, the Tyler Live with style in the old version first, sample library, etc.
Here I know no further. I had assumed that, as in the manual OS 3.0 is described, I can download the module from gftp Liontracks and so the system can complete without problems again.
What I have not mentioned up to now, is that the plug of the connecting lead had engaged for the hard disk not properly. As a result, the plug was easily solved but not complete, so a loose connection was there. Only after a few days with me when the plug freed itself by moving the keyboard completely the system did not find his hard disk any more and the mistake then was evident. Until then, I had often startup issues and files are probably damaged. That is to make sure that all files function cleanly, I would have used anyhow a complete new sentence of data material. That one must protect the order "Home" absolutely, I had not found to or overlook in the instructions. Because of the hard disk problems something would not necessarily have been useful to me by the files torn in the meantime, nevertheless. However, with me GFtp does not function. He requires every time a password which I do not have which would have to be implemented, however, hidden.
9. I do not know how to get access to any updates after the current software errors are eliminated and gftp does not work for me.
10. I did not know with the order of the instrument that it is not possible to connect the Volume pedal and other functions are limited. That was not mentioned anywhere. However, I depend as a solo entertainer on it. Can I upgrade it easily (and even buy new mixer V5 install) or does more need to be replaced?

Kind regards and many thanks for your help in advance.
Gerd

#310370 - 04/13/10 05:04 AM Re: Mediastation help please !
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Gerd.

My 2 cents.
Right now all we can do is wait for Liosntracs and 64 Studio to come back with the update required to fix the memory leak in Wine.

So stick a pin in that for the moment. Going on feedback from others running an older version, they cannot reproduce any of the problems, so the update should be well worth the wait.

As for all your other issues, posting so many different things at the same time is enough to put anyone off. Nobody will want to reply to a thread like that even if they have to. So it's best to keep things short.

I'll try answer one or two myself, but I'm caught for time here right now.

Quote:
10. I did not know with the order of the instrument that it is not possible to connect the Volume pedal and other functions are limited. That was not mentioned anywhere. However, I depend as a solo entertainer on it. Can I upgrade it easily (and even buy new mixer V5 install) or does more need to be replaced?

Then just buy a normal Volume Pedal and use the Mix 2 Out sockets instead rather than the Cannon sockets. One like this will work well http://www.thomann.de/ie/lead_foot_lfv2.htm

You connect the output of the keyboard to the pedal, and the output of the pedal to the input of your desk.

Quote:
However, with me GFtp does not function. He requires every time a password which I do not have which would have to be implemented, however, hidden.

Haven't used this myself yet, but I did ask Domenico for the password and he said that there is no need for it. Load GFTP and access the bookmarks to login. The password is apparently stored into the bookmark to the server path.

Quote:

Maybe the volume of the PC is turned down or the wave output from the PC is disabled. It makes sense really. The last think I'd want to hear is the PC beeping and clicking through my PA when I'm operating it.

Hope that helps a little

James

#310371 - 04/13/10 05:57 AM Re: Mediastation help please !
AFG Music Offline

Quote:

your mainboard onboard soundcard is disabled on bios. and youtube sound works only with your onboard sound card. lionstracs mixerboard is for music making and works with jack conection, you can not conect youtube or internet on jackinterface, only option download the video from youtube and use in MS.

Quote:
4. The record button is not functioning

did you read qranger pdf manual?

read this becouse the record key is working:

Recording MIDI Tracks
For record new Midi tracks on qranger, the Jack midi connection must be connected in the session.
Open the qranger jack connection interface and connect from the Outputs port: Midi router: 23:OUT 9: keyboard qranger OUT, to the jack
Input Ports: 133:QRanger 0: Master, press the key: CONNECT. Now the midi connection are ready for start record midi tracks.
For enable the Midi connection records tracks on qranger, you have to toggle ON the mediastation key: RECORD ( TALK key).
When the RECORD key is activated ( RED) automatically will display the GM/GS sound patch interface and the Midi OUT will be switch to the
port: 23: OUT9 : keyboard Qranger midi OUT and connect direct on 133: qranger 0: master input.
When the RECORD key is activated will also remove the arranger split point to note 0, then the whole keyboard is available for the recording.
Under Record mode, from the Mediastation Sound patch interface, will be able to record in realtime the all 8 Slider CC controllers: Volume,
panpot, Rev send, chorus Send, delay send, Cutoff, resonance...
When the Record key will be turned OFF ( no led) the midi connection will disable and wil return back the Arranger Interface.

Quote:
5. I would like to address for each style from the QArranger a session designed just to patch VSTi (loaded with contact 3). However, I do not manage the Routing Midi/Asio of QArranger to VSTi. Has someone perhaps already made this or is it perhaps not possible? If it is possible, how do I route what exactly?

this video from magic alfa on youtube is your answer:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drugodugme#p/u/0/ibLzp6CPXNE

Quote:
8. To further the instrument for the stage, etc. I would need to prepare myself the lost data. Style of QArranger, the Tyler Live with style in the old version first, sample library, etc.
Here I know no further. I had assumed that, as in the manual OS 3.0 is described, I can download the module from gftp Liontracks and so the system can complete without problems again.

after you has everything you need on MS, backup your folders inside home folder + .wine folder(this is a hiden folder, so you need on menu selct show hiden files.) on a exetrnal harddrive. after a fresh install copy you folders from external harddrive to MS home folder. select on menu show hiden files and copy your .wine folder to MS home folder deselect agin show hiden files and you are finish. you do not have to install everthing again(only O.S after a crashed harddrive). one more option buy a external sata hardrive (then disable first your internal hardrive on bios) install everthing you need O.S..............on your external sata harddrive ( when you are finish and you have everthing on this external O.S and inside home folder, you can remove again the external sata hardrive and set again internal sata harddrive inside bios on) ,on gig if you have problems with internal hardrive on bios disable internal hardrive conect your external sata hardrive to your mainboard and you have everything back in 2-3 minutes (do not forget you pc keyboard and mouse for this). easy or not or maybe lol

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 04-13-2010).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online