SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#3100 - 11/12/02 11:01 AM Yamaha DGX500 style format
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hello.......my Dad has a Yamaha DGX500. Are the styles on this keyboard PSR type files? We have tried to load some PSR styles we found on the web. They are PSR type files. An error message appears when trying to load these styles. Where can I find some style files to download for his keyboard? Thanks.

#3101 - 11/14/02 07:09 PM Re: Yamaha DGX500 style format
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been tinkering with Yamaha equipment most recently. The answer is no you cannot load those files. Trust me on this much...that keyboard you have, you should be glad it is a different format than the previous PSR types. Tally ho! Get back on that web and download some XG MIDI. They will sound great on that keyboard of your dad's if it is the one I am thinking of.
MORPH

My edit in addendum. I should clarify something. This is not saying PSR boards wont run or aren't XG, cause many are and do have the extentions set. Yamaha is a very thorough company and so you can be sure that there is a device (if not the last of the old upper line PSR types) that will load these files and save them as straight XG files as well as their previous proprietary standard.

[This message has been edited by Morphamatik (edited 11-17-2002).]

#3102 - 11/15/02 04:52 PM Re: Yamaha DGX500 style format
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Thanks for the reply. We have downloaded some XG midi's and they do indeed sound great. We just want to find some more styles to try.

#3103 - 11/17/02 02:23 PM Re: Yamaha DGX500 style format
bvan Offline

Loc: Pensacola, FL USA
I did not see this posting before I made mine regarding this keyboard. I too am interested in information.

I have a 740 and just recently acquired this DGX 500. I have quiet a few files, styles and songs that I have made or downloaded from the net. The ones I have tried on the DGX that I am using on the 740 hve worked as far as I can tell without a problem except that on the 740 there are 4 style variations and the DGX 500 only has 2. That causes some variations. It is mostly Simon's styles that I have used. I have had this keyboard only for a couple weeks so am still far from checking it out.

Sure is nice to have 88 notes, and all things considered it has a nice feel.

bvan

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online