SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#310060 - 07/29/09 12:51 AM For discussion about the Mediastation
AFG Music Offline

Nigel
Administrator posted 07-28-2009 01:29

I decided we had enough Mediastation users here to warrant starting up a dedicated forum for you to exchange tips and advice.

This forum is for Mediastation users to share information and will be moderated with that goal in mind.

IP: Logged
LIONSTRACS
Member posted 07-28-2009 02:48 AM

Thanks Nigel!
maybe is better to change to only LIONSTRCS products..
this because from end september we exit with about 6-8 new products.
Here the names:
GROOVE X6
GROOVE DJ
Ebony Stage 88
Ebony Stage 76
Ebony Rack
V-asio SYNTH 49
V-asio SYNTH 61
V-asio RACK

the keyboard are based on the new Atom dualcore mainboard: http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=A330GC

The Rack 2 U are based on AM3 CPU/Mainboard. http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=K10N78FullHD-hSLI%20R3.0&s=

Finally some fresh and innovative LOW cost products...
( Fran already saw some prototype cases and final graphics)
cheers

AFG Music
Member posted 07-28-2009 03:40 AM

great news domenico,

is possible for you to send some photo's here

and thanks Nigel to for this forum

Fran Carango
Member posted 07-28-2009 09:59 AM

Nigel..I hope I don't have to talk to myself...

LIONSTRACS
Member posted 07-28-2009 10:26 AM

Dont worry Fran..DIKI will come asap here too...just patience...

vagro
Member posted 07-28-2009 11:42 AM

Thanks Nigel! I was looking forward to a MS forum. Now I'll start the forum asking something:

Dear Dom,
I will upgrade the Mother and the Micro for a dualcore one. Do you think I should replace the micro for a Quad core? (in my country: dual core= Us$ 80; Quad core=Us$210). I mean, are you are planning to upgrade the OS soon requiring a more powerful microprocessor? (less than one year at least)
Thanks.

Victor

Fran Carango
Member posted 07-28-2009 11:50 AM

I think Dom will suggest the dual core over the quad....because of third party support problems..I am using the dual core..and it is fast and efficient..

vagro
Member posted 07-28-2009 12:11 PM

Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I think Dom will suggest the dual core over the quad....because of third party support problems..I am using the dual core..and it is fast and efficient..

Thanks Fran. I hope so. But I'll wait for the answer of the master.

AFG Music
Member posted 07-28-2009 12:52 PM

vagro mybe is beter to wait some weeks for see
the o.s devolpment for quad.

i have the same problem i have mainboard astrock NF3 VSTA with AMD Athlon 3500+ one core and 4.5 GB DDR2

but for me is my MS slow becouse O.S 3.2 rev 1676 dual or quadcore uptimaized.

the big problem start whean i load VST

Note: the problem is not the MS O.S but only my CPU if i upgrade my CPU i change also the mainboard. domenico offerd me the mainboard some months ago whean i had buyed the micboard but he was testing differnts mainboard at that timee.i asked if is possible to have more 2 inputs with the micboard and he changed the bothem case design for more 2 inputs from that time. and domenico did you resived my last E-mail before your holidays?

Nigel
Administrator posted 07-28-2009 01:33 PM

Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
Thanks Nigel!
maybe is better to change to only LIONSTRCS products..
this because from end september we exit with about 6-8 new products.

Yes, thanks for the heads up. I will do that so this forum covers all Lionstracs products.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 07-29-2009).]

#310061 - 07/29/09 01:03 AM Re: For discussion about the Mediastation
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Thanks so much AFG, now anyone can continue the startup thread before the forum changed name.

#310062 - 07/29/09 04:13 AM Re: For discussion about the Mediastation
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Thanks AFG and Nigel.
Now before I leave to work I copy my last post:

"Zmago I am using 0S 2.8 because the MS is stable what means I turn it on and all the internal sounds work and I can control external keyboards. The Jack connection tool and the joystick work fine. However I did not find the Gigalibrary folder (in the OS 3.2 was there not now) so I created one in the root folder to place the GigaSounds but I can't take them into the Sampler (may be it is not installed). So I would like to decide in the next days what to buy otherwise my mediastation will only have a few sounds. I have not found the MP3 folder either so I did not use the Mp3 player either

Victor"

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#310063 - 07/29/09 05:13 AM Re: For discussion about the Mediastation
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by vagro:
Thanks AFG and Nigel.
Now before I leave to work I copy my last post:

"Zmago I am using 0S 2.8 because the MS is stable what means I turn it on and all the internal sounds work and I can control external keyboards. The Jack connection tool and the joystick work fine. However I did not find the Gigalibrary folder (in the OS 3.2 was there not now) so I created one in the root folder to place the GigaSounds but I can't take them into the Sampler (may be it is not installed). So I would like to decide in the next days what to buy otherwise my mediastation will only have a few sounds. I have not found the MP3 folder either so I did not use the Mp3 player either

Victor"

Hi victor
I told on the last email too..
with OS 2.8, the installer will not create the basic missing folder. before was available the Standard library.rar to extract in Root, but I have deleted because some folder are now integrated on OS 3.x.

For make working the OS 2.8, you have to create this two basic folder: ( must have the right name how I write here)

GigaLibrary ( root/GigaLibrary) and then extract inside the GMSoundbank V4 that you have too.

VST Library ( root/ VST Library) where you can install the all others VSTi.

Extract also the Winebackup.rar as you made on OS 3.2, on root, ( delete first the hide .wine and then extract the rar again)

The OS 2.8 wil create also the "Presets" folder, where give inside the MS-2-instruments-1.lscp scrip sampler file.
After restart player all must working as default.
test it and let me know

#310064 - 07/29/09 05:26 AM Re: For discussion about the Mediastation
LIONSTRACS Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AFG Music:
[B]Nigel

vagro
Member posted 07-28-2009 11:42 AM

Thanks Nigel! I was looking forward to a MS forum. Now I'll start the forum asking something:

Dear Dom,
I will upgrade the Mother and the Micro for a dualcore one. Do you think I should replace the micro for a Quad core? (in my country: dual core= Us$ 80; Quad core=Us$210). I mean, are you are planning to upgrade the OS soon requiring a more powerful microprocessor? (less than one year at least)
Thanks.

Victor

Fran Carango
Member posted 07-28-2009 11:50 AM

vagro
Member posted 07-28-2009 12:11 PM

Originally posted by Fran Carango:

Thanks Fran. I hope so. But I'll wait for the answer of the master.

AFG Music
Member posted 07-28-2009 12:52 PM

vagro mybe is beter to wait some weeks for see
the o.s devolpment for quad.

i have the same problem i have mainboard astrock NF3 VSTA with AMD Athlon 3500+ one core and 4.5 GB DDR2

but for me is my MS slow becouse O.S 3.2 rev 1676 dual or quadcore uptimaized.

So..here the point:
from OS 3.X ubuntu, we have used some new linux kernel RT ( realtime for low latency)
the kernel was compiled from www.64studio.com in one MS that include the CPU X2 dualcore.
on the new OS 3.2 we have also included the new Jack MP that work well only from dualcore, not single core.
On OS 3.3 give again a new compiled kernel with the special Nvidia patch for the multiple display support ( right now this feature is available ONLY for the MS keyboards, maybe in about 8-12 months will be available on the all 3th party new Linux distribution too)

So..IF you will install this new OS 3.2/3.3, you need also the new mainboard K10N78 with a Dualcore AMD CPU, for the quad core we have to compile all again or will not work so well as the dualcore.

Note:
the new entry AMD3 CPU: Athlon X2-250, is 3000mhz clock, 2Mb cache level and 4000MT/s transfer data..is about more fast as the quad core that have only 3600MT/s and 512Kb cache ( need the DDR2/1066 for ful speed) and suck only 65W insted of the 130W of the quad core.
Old dualcore 5200+ was only 2700Mhz and 2000MT/s

I wil test on this days too the X2-250, after the multiple display script is fixed, then I report if is full fine working.

#310065 - 07/29/09 04:06 PM Re: For discussion about the Mediastation
vagro Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
Hi victor
I told on the last email too..
with OS 2.8, the installer will not create the basic missing folder. before was available the Standard library.rar to extract in Root, but I have deleted because some folder are now integrated on OS 3.x.

For make working the OS 2.8, you have to create this two basic folder: ( must have the right name how I write here)

GigaLibrary ( root/GigaLibrary) and then extract inside the GMSoundbank V4 that you have too.

VST Library ( root/ VST Library) where you can install the all others VSTi.

Extract also the Winebackup.rar as you made on OS 3.2, on root, ( delete first the hide .wine and then extract the rar again)

The OS 2.8 wil create also the "Presets" folder, where give inside the MS-2-instruments-1.lscp scrip sampler file.
After restart player all must working as default.
test it and let me know

Thanks Dom. I created the folders and it works. Should I create also an MP3 folder so that the player goes straight to that folder when I open the MP3 Player?
Another subject:
1) the Asrock K10N78 is not available here so you recomended me the Asus M3N78. There are many varieties (SE-VM etc.) and I found here the SE model (yes, 3 PCI slots and Nvidia GE 8200) Do you think that would work?
2) I see the Microprocessor needs special features, so which dual core would you recommend?.

I'd better not buy anything until I am completeley sure. I can have fun uploading some sounds to the sampler in the meanwhile.

Thanks.

Victor

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#310066 - 07/31/09 06:00 AM Re: For discussion about the Mediastation
Magica Alfa Offline

HI All

I see that LIONSTRACS FORUM IS IN FUNCTION.
GREAT.

That is good.

VICTOR ABOT MOTHERBOARD AND CPU is BETTER FOLLOW LIONSTRACS CPU AND MOTHERBOARD. That mean that you will have less interuptions.

In this moment is good solution with K10N78-1394 and all DUAL CORE or QUADRO.

I have QUADRO 9550 and is working fine even with 2 GB of RAM but I use 4 GB.

For more information is better to speak with DOM. He test really a lot of things I thing.

#310067 - 08/01/09 08:47 PM Re: For discussion about the Mediastation
vagro Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Magica Alfa:
HI All

I see that LIONSTRACS FORUM IS IN FUNCTION.
GREAT.

That is good.

VICTOR ABOT MOTHERBOARD AND CPU is BETTER FOLLOW LIONSTRACS CPU AND MOTHERBOARD. That mean that you will have less interuptions.

In this moment is good solution with K10N78-1394 and all DUAL CORE or QUADRO.

I have QUADRO 9550 and is working fine even with 2 GB of RAM but I use 4 GB.

For more information is better to speak with DOM. He test really a lot of things I thing.

Zmago I wish I could find the Asrock K10N78-1394 here. At least in Google Argentina I have not found it. So far as a workstation (not arranger functions) my Ms has been stable but probably soon I will want new features.

#310068 - 08/02/09 04:41 AM Re: For discussion about the Mediastation
LIONSTRACS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by vagro:
Thanks Dom. I created the folders and it works. Should I create also an MP3 folder so that the player goes straight to that folder when I open the MP3 Player?
Another subject:
1) the Asrock K10N78 is not available here so you recomended me the Asus M3N78. There are many varieties (SE-VM etc.) and I found here the SE model (yes, 3 PCI slots and Nvidia GE 8200) Do you think that would work?
2) I see the Microprocessor needs special features, so which dual core would you recommend?.

I'd better not buy anything until I am completeley sure. I can have fun uploading some sounds to the sampler in the meanwhile.

Thanks.

Victor

yes, this Asus seem a like a copy of the asrock K10N78, it have the all same chipset Nvidia 8200: http://it.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=149&l3=643&l4=0&model=2411&modelmenu=1
the OS 3.2/3 I think will be full working fine there too.
next week I will testing the new AM3 family CPU: X2-240/245/250, they are dualcore and seem more powered as the quadcore.
I will report the full test soon

#310069 - 08/04/09 05:04 AM Re: For discussion about the Mediastation
Magica Alfa Offline

I had good filing with ASUS M3. (ISO 3.0)
For model I need to check at home.

It is working for shure with ASUS.
But If you have chance to test it with MS BEFORE BUY than will be really great.

BR.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online