SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#310023 - 08/07/09 07:44 PM flr2009 Software Based Arranger
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

I haven't had alot to say about software based arrangers given there was not much in terms of updates. I have recently made some updates as follows:

Kontakt 3.5
forte 2 (VST Host)

These updates are sufficient to update my arranger system to flr2009.

I am still waiting for Garritan to come out with their version of the GM Wavetable. It has been slow in coming given that they are changing everything over to their new sample player, namely, Aria. It uses soundfonts (old technology). We will see how well this will work/sound.

I have been using my software based arranger system now for many years and will continue to do so.

#310024 - 08/08/09 01:01 AM Re: flr2009 Software Based Arranger
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Frank
Have you thought about using Kore 2 for your VST Host? (2.1 is now out which gives even more control)
http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/producer/kore-2/

You can also get it without the hardware controller.
http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/producer/kore-2-software-edition/

#310025 - 08/08/09 05:42 PM Re: flr2009 Software Based Arranger

abacus, I have not taken an indepth look at Kore. To me, the software based version would be of most interest. I have not heard from others how well it hosts VSTs including voice harmonizers.

I guess I have grown used to forte....and therefore somewhat lazy.

Thanks for drawing attention to Kore. I will take another look at it.

#310026 - 08/08/09 05:43 PM Re: flr2009 Software Based Arranger

Oh, I should have mention in my first post that I also updated Live - Styler to the most recent version 10.5.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online