SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#309910 - 01/28/07 10:25 AM Re: OT - I Am Recovering.....
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

DonM, thanks for your advice. Your comments concerning an excellent mixer are consistent with what I am hearing from many other sources as well. I might just get one...assuming I can't fix my 30 plus year old Yamaha MV802!!!

Rikki, just buy one of each .... they will all work. On a serious note I think Garritan produces excellent software. It is a compromise between the very top of the line with the speed of loading samples plus RAM usage. It seems many schools of music, universities and others are using his libraries. As you know I have his GPO and JABB Libraries. Should he come out with the GM Library I will definitely add it to my system.

Bernie, very interesting and you are right. In addition, apparently Garritan's new Steinway Samples & Player are also making a big buzz at the NAMM show. I will check this out!!!

#309911 - 01/28/07 12:14 PM Re: OT - I Am Recovering.....
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thanks Bernie,
they do seem keen on getting their hands on it.
So far I've only got the demo up & running using my psr1500 as controller. I'll have to midi it to my digital piano & see how it feels & sounds.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bernie9:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#309912 - 01/28/07 12:28 PM Re: OT - I Am Recovering.....
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Frank ,
I probably should. I've been thinking about it for ages.
May wait & get your feedback on the GM Library when it comes out.

Steinway piano, sounds interesting too.

Just wish they had a useable demo to try before you buy. Even if it only included a few instruments.

It's one thing listening to demo's on the site, another actually getting your hands on a working demo that you can use.

One reason I was pleased with the True Piano's. It only has the one piano for the demo version , but it's great to be able to test it out.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank L. Rosenthal:

Rikki, just buy one of each .... they will all work. On a serious note I think Garritan produces excellent software. It is a compromise between the very top of the line with the speed of loading samples plus RAM usage. It seems many schools of music, universities and others are using his libraries. As you know I have his GPO and JABB Libraries. Should he come out with the GM Library I will definitely add it to my system.

Bernie, very interesting and you are right. In addition, apparently Garritan's new Steinway Samples & Player are also making a big buzz at the NAMM show. I will check this out!!!

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#309913 - 01/28/07 01:07 PM Re: OT - I Am Recovering.....
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Frank
Good to see you are improving and to help you pass the time I have uploaded some Piano samples (Including True Piano) which will allow you to compare 4 different types.
As to the release of Garritans GM VST which is due next month, it will be interesting to make a comparison between this, Colossus and Bandstand which are also GM VSTs.
Enjoy

Bill
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum43/HTML/000080.html

#309914 - 01/29/07 06:41 PM Re: OT - I Am Recovering.....
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

Well, I got around to some updating .... so I am closing in on the flr2007 arranger system. The following is now updated:

Kontakt 2.2
Bandstand
B4II
forte
Live - Styler

What is left to update or acquire includes Garritan's GM and some other sound libraries (GPOA, Virtual Instruments, etc.).

I used a Behringer Mixer (loaner) while I am waiting to see whether my Yamaha Mixer can be fixed. It worked and sounded very good indeed.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online