san ...

At this moment I am using:
BIAB with the "Coyote DXi" plugin.
Forte Ensemble.
ArtVista Grand Piano VSTi.
M-Audio "Key Rig" VSTi.
M-Audio Axiom 49 board.
Couple of other things.
Sound quality through my M-Audio 24/96 is more than acceptable!

You are right, having the classical and other non-"modern" music in the program is a master stroke. And when you add in the thousands of BIAB songs/styles that exist for downloading on the 'net, it is really a great package. I am learning, learning -- using the BIAB piano parts (comping, etc.) for instance. Something I have had to learn from scratch.
What a blast this is.

#309831 - 02/22/07 01:02 PM Re: Band In A Box
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I think I may have found a way of importing a psr intro into a BIAB song. Doesn't work with real drums styles unfortunately as I can't find a way of turning them off.

I was working on it a couple of weeks ago,
but had to take a break. I've lost the thread on what I'd been experimenting with, but if you're interested I'll take another look at it.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by santantoni:
I just hope that they find a way to implement intros and endings that are as good as the PSR's etc..
That is really the only weakness i see in BIAB. As far as the rest,it's an incredible program,agreed.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#309832 - 02/22/07 02:00 PM Re: Band In A Box
cajun100 Offline

Loc: Mill Valley, CA USA
rikki:

Can't you just disable "Real Drums" in the dialog box by unchecking "enable"? From the help file it seems that is possible. Drums then revert to MIDI.

Or did I misunderstand you?

#309833 - 02/22/07 06:08 PM Re: Band In A Box
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Cajun,
sorry, didn't explain myself properly. Of course what I was experimenting with will work if I go back to using the normal midi drums in a style, instead of "real drums".

Had mum staying with us for a couple of weeks, (so computer was off limits haa haa), now I've sort of lost track of where I was up to.

Actually had it working quite well incorporating a midifile intro ( in my case a psr intro) into an actuall Band in a Box song.

Only way it used to be possible was to save BIAB song as midifile, load it into an external sequencer & cut & paste an intro into it.

Now I have to try & remember where I was up to.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by cajun100:
rikki:

Can't you just disable "Real Drums" in the dialog box by unchecking "enable"? From the help file it seems that is possible. Drums then revert to MIDI.

Or did I misunderstand you?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online