SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#309810 - 01/23/07 08:09 PM Band In A Box
santantoni Offline

Hi,just wondering... anybody knows if Band in A box can read PSR styles like OMB? Thanks

#309811 - 01/24/07 11:40 AM Re: Band In A Box
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
BIAB has it's own style format. It's also not really the same type of program.
It's great for composing songs or doing backing tracks etc but it doesn't follow chords in realtime like OMB does.

best wisheas
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by santantoni:
Hi,just wondering... anybody knows if Band in A box can read PSR styles like OMB? Thanks

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#309812 - 01/24/07 06:27 PM Re: Band In A Box
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
Anyone ever wonder why BIAB has never added realtime chord follow? It's the one feature I always hope they would add and they just never have. I am sure they have had lots of requests for it.

#309813 - 01/24/07 07:46 PM Re: Band In A Box
santantoni Offline

Hi Rikki,I thought that too... PG would not sell many of it's styles if the Yamaha ones could be used with BIAB. I have had BIAB for a while now,just did not dig yet into it's innumerable features...I only know how to use the basic functions. Seems a great program

#309814 - 01/24/07 07:48 PM Re: Band In A Box
santantoni Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RobertG:
Anyone ever wonder why BIAB has never added realtime chord follow? It's the one feature I always hope they would add and they just never have. I am sure they have had lots of requests for it.

At first the realtime chordal function would seem strange to me as well,but as Rikki pointed out,BIAB is a different kind of program...it always automatically varies basslines and so many other things
it's explained here
http://www.pgmusic.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=124119&an=0&page=1#Post124119

#309815 - 01/25/07 01:39 PM Re: Band In A Box
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Robert,
maybe the way BIAB is written doesn't make it a candidate for realtime arranger functions, or maybe there's really not enough people interested in using it as a realtime arranger.

Soundtrek has Jammer Live ( realtime arranger version of Jammer Pro). I read on their forum they're not going to update it which is a real pity. I've been waiting for 3 to 4 years to see if we'll ever get a Jammer Live 2.

I'd luv to have realtime arranger functions in BIAB.

best wishes
Rikki

Maybe we should start a petition & send it to PG. haahaa

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RobertG:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#309816 - 01/25/07 01:59 PM Re: Band In A Box
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
Santantoni: Thanks for the link from pgMusic. After reading that I can understand why BIAB will not add real-time functionality. It preprocesses the progression of chords to allow for maximum variety in the style played. This could not be done easily in an arranger, unless they did some type of AI predictive algorithm to "guess" what was likely to come next based on what was previously played. Rather unlikely to see that in BIAB. Wouldn't be surprised to see that from Yamaha at some point in the future.

#309817 - 01/31/07 07:27 AM Re: Band In A Box
cajun100 Offline

Loc: Mill Valley, CA USA
I find that BIAB is extremely valuable to me for PRACTICE. Nowhere else can I really get into the chord structure (and melody lines, solos, individual parts) as easily, to play along on my MIDI keyboard. Those who have not seen the latest 2007 version should take a peek. Take a REAL peek at the new function that will pull chords and structure from MP3, WAV and related files.

For example, there are a number of "jazz riffs", intros, ending, etc. stock in the program. Call one up, play it copule of times, slow it down -- read the notation sheets and play whatever parts you wish.

Truly a marvelous program. I did not really appreciate it until I decided I needed much practice with my left hand (too much arranger time). I am sold.

#309818 - 01/31/07 12:28 PM Re: Band In A Box
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Cajun,
haven't actually tried that function yet.
Does it work well, & is it easy enough to use?? I'm not really an mp3 user.

I became interested in BIAB again a couple of years ago, when I came across some of the new age styles & soundtrack song files.

They're not the type of styles you usually find on arranger keyboards. Another genre it covers is classical.

The Real Drum audio loops make some of the styles sound much better too.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cajun100:
[B]I Take a REAL peek at the new function that will pull chords and structure from MP3, WAV and related files.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#309819 - 02/01/07 10:13 AM Re: Band In A Box
cajun100 Offline

Loc: Mill Valley, CA USA
rikki:
I have imported a number of MP3 files via the new "chord conversion" -- perhaps 6 WAV files -- most have worked fine. It's an interesting process. One or two did not come in right and produced errors, which does not surprise me. Between taking MIDI files and providing all parts in notation, and now these other conversions, the program is a real winner, in my estimation.

Try one or two MP3 files and have some fun.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online