SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#30828 - 09/09/03 11:56 PM Re: Downgraded to 3.0c ... who else did it ?
Luka Offline

Loc: Slovenia
Roel,
I tested this combination starting from 4.0a.
I'm glad you have good experience with it, maybe I should try it again.

Nevertheles, I still hope on some info about new, polyphony optimized OS.

#30829 - 09/10/03 08:04 AM Re: Downgraded to 3.0c ... who else did it ?
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Sorry the delay.
I already installed all the options that Ketron supplied with upgrade 4.0b. I tried all the possibilities and I like none.
IMO the option 3.0c still is the best option for the polyphony problem.
Recently I bought a 9000Pro and is very good to play without polyphony and latency problems.
I´m almost changing my nickname!!!
Like Luka, I still hope Ketron will do something about it.

Armando

#30830 - 09/10/03 11:49 PM Re: Downgraded to 3.0c ... who else did it ?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Glenn,
I am sorry but I have to confess that I sold my SD1 (and my XD3 too).
Right now I am playing the 9000 pro and the Tyros and am very happy with them both; I really wish that Ketron could solve all the problems mentioned in this and other threads, but I guess that we'll have to wait the new model (due out next spring) to see how it works.
Compared with the SD1, the Tyros has:
- similar or better styles
- much better sounds (no noise whatsoever, with real studio quality and crystal clear high frequencies)
- much better OS
- much more friendly and intuitive interface
- better hardware quality.
I still hope that Ketron will surprise me in the future but for now...I put my money where the best value is.
Sorry guys...

#30831 - 09/11/03 07:42 AM Re: Downgraded to 3.0c ... who else did it ?
Roel Offline

Andrea,

This is a little surprise indeed ! Congrats with your new baby's.

I myself did a few 'test-rides' on the Tyros and missed a musical drive in the styles.
Perhaps it takes more time to discover the drive. I must admit the latency (in 3.x and 4.x) and dropouts (in 4.0b) generates a little more irritation every day (:-((

Ketron : You 'd better hurry with solving the problems

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 09-11-2003).]

#30832 - 09/11/03 11:16 AM Re: Downgraded to 3.0c ... who else did it ?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Roel,
when you play the Tyros you have first to set the Equalizer and the compressor to the right values; then you have to try the styles together with the multipads, which add a lot of realism: they work like the Ketron sampled grooves but the sound quality is much better (all the sounds are sampled at 44 kHz or more). I advice you to try all the "Ballad" styles and -if you think that the Tyros lacks drive- try also the "Dance" styles, but first press the "OTS link" button, to hear each style with his pre-programmed sounds...then you will tell me

#30833 - 09/11/03 03:03 PM Re: Downgraded to 3.0c ... who else did it ?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
AJ...

We definitely need some input from you (or someone from Ketron) on this, or more specifically, some reassurance that help is on it's way. Otherwise, Andrea will not be the last to jump ship.

If all I hear is silence, it tells me that help is NOT on the way. I hope that's not the case, because in many ways, the SD1 is a great KB, but this is a SERIOUS problem.

Andrea... sorry to hear that, but I can relate. I'd consider the Yammy route, but I need 76 keys and the 9000 is too heavy for transport. I'll wait a little longer, then I'll also be looking elsewhere.

#30834 - 09/11/03 11:32 PM Re: Downgraded to 3.0c ... who else did it ?
Luka Offline

Loc: Slovenia
I hope Ketron does not intend to overcome this problem by making a new keyboard
If I was Ketron, I would first finish the old work, solve this last significant problem in best possible way, and after that launch something new.

#30835 - 09/13/03 03:04 PM Re: Downgraded to 3.0c ... who else did it ?
Roel Offline

Weird !

Last night I decided to allow OS4.0b another chance. OS4.0b sounds/styles are much better !

I did the complete Upgrade including some renewed bonus styles as offered by Ketron on the www.ketron.it website.

Guess what :
NO delays (latency) ...... NO (bass)dropouts.... NO problems at all ?!

Now I'm starting to think the fresh installed OS4.0b is OK, but problems are introduced after a lot of (disk)styles are pre-loaded in memory ?
(The described problems sneeked in slowly and got worse every day as far as I remember, or am I wrong ?)

For now I'm happy again.

Roel

#30836 - 09/14/03 01:57 AM Re: Downgraded to 3.0c ... who else did it ?
hrh999 Offline

Loc: 8302 Kloten, Switzerland
Hi Roel

Interesting test! Since I have also a couple of dropouts I would be interested in further ideas. Does it happen with the additional commercial styles only, or also with own edited ones? I edited a couple of internal styles and load them permanently into memory. Since I only work with registries the edited styles don't need to be permanently in the memory. It takes a fraction of a second only to load them upon calling a new registry.

I'm quite interested if you come to further findings.

En schöne Sunntig!
Hansruedi

#30837 - 09/14/03 04:30 AM Re: Downgraded to 3.0c ... who else did it ?
Roel Offline

Hall Hansruedi,

They happened with all styles, where especially strings were 'involved'. I had the impression the strings-sustain was way too long, so they kept the available voices for themselves. Because of this, sometimes the bass-voice muted and especially the Grand-piano showed pretty long latency.

Something 'consumed' voices and did not release them in time !? Another possibilty is a kind of internal MIDI-feedback loop ?

As I said, now the problem has vanished. I cannot reproduce the earlier problems and believe me I tried SOO hard

I did send mr. Sandro (Ketron) a copy of my experiences. (This might help while trouble shooting)

Roel

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online