SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#30646 - 01/06/04 07:09 AM If you have done any type of tweaking of styles on your ketron keyboard
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
What have you done to make your keyboard better ?
Adjust volumne levels ?
Change from one sound to another within a style ?

Curios .....Dan O'

------------------
Technics,Ketron Yamaha Casio arranger keyboards .
www.keyboardcity.net
1-866-348-8876

#30647 - 01/07/04 10:27 PM Re: If you have done any type of tweaking of styles on your ketron keyboard
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
I've changed some of the Lower arranger voices. I'd have reprogrammed a few of the arranger drums if I knew how to do it. Still looking for your "How to do Everything on Your SD1" video, Dan.

#30648 - 01/08/04 02:34 AM Re: If you have done any type of tweaking of styles on your ketron keyboard
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Hi Dan01

I've changed some of the rythmical accompanyment voices using more Brass on certain styles (Big Band / Soul etc) - This is especially useful when used with the Interactive part of the arranger which will mute these when you are playing the melody or soloing.

I also changed many of the accompanyments to have just a single sustained voice instead of the two (Default EP and pad sould) and now I have the new Orchestral expansion card for the XD I use some of the new voices for this purpose. The new B3 16+1ft with fast Leslie sound is great used here for certain styles and in some ballads I use the new stereo vocal sound.

The great thing is that you can save your changes back to the factory slots on the XD.

I use registrations the majority of the time when gigging (complete with the lyrics in text files) and this is another way of tweaking volumes, pan settings, effects, changing or muting voices or even individual drums parts if the style is a little too busy/full for a particular song. You can save the changes to a registration (either block or single (on disk) if you don't want to make the changes permanent.

KF

#30649 - 01/09/04 04:02 PM Re: If you have done any type of tweaking of styles on your ketron keyboard
DanO1 Offline

Thanks for the feedback . I'll be back to post some other things to do . Dan

#30650 - 01/22/04 11:03 AM Re: If you have done any type of tweaking of styles on your ketron keyboard
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
What have you done to make your keyboard better ?
Adjust volumne levels ?
Change from one sound to another within a style ?

Curios .....Dan O'

Dan, I change quite a lot of things with the patterns. Always turn down the bass, and also change the bass sound so that it's the same as the other patterns. I like the Precision bass sound on my PA. Most often I change the drum set as well. Turn down the bass drum, toms, and latin. Turn up the snare, cymbals, and rimshot just because I like the sounds. That's at least the start for me.
Joel

#30651 - 01/22/04 11:06 PM Re: If you have done any type of tweaking of styles on your ketron keyboard
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
"The great thing is that you can save your changes back to the factory slots on the XD."

KF, do you have XD9?
Thanks,
DonM

#30652 - 01/23/04 05:08 AM Re: If you have done any type of tweaking of styles on your ketron keyboard
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Hi DonM

No I have the XD3 which I use with either a lightweight 61 note studiologic KB (occasional gigs) or a fully weighted 88 note Studiologic KB (Residencies). I also use a lot of piano which I get from the Roland 2020 with the 64Mb piano expansion card when I use the larger KB although the pianos in the Ketron are OK (especially the new stereo grand in the orchestral card I have fitted.)

I hate to have big lumps of gear to shift about - I'd rather have lots of little bits. It's not as convenient as a single board but at least my joints don't ache....

KF

#30653 - 01/28/04 04:41 PM Re: If you have done any type of tweaking of styles on your ketron keyboard
DanO1 Offline

If you have the SD1plus , listen to style 8 beat 4 .On the SD1plus and 4.0a , this style get's changed . If you go to arrange view and look at chord 2 of this style, you will see guitarmix as the assigned sound. I would suggest changing it to folk guitar and bringing up the volumne on this style . Accually, any style that has guitarmix assigned , I would change it to the folk guitar .

The Fusion style is another style that I change . Instead of the brazilian guitar in the variations , I changed them to solid body and added some chorus effects .

Another Idea is using the string parts from the baroque style with a 4/4 ballad or with the tribal age style , very cool imo .

That's a few to consider !

More to come

Dan O'

------------------
Technics,Ketron Yamaha Casio arranger keyboards .
www.keyboardcity.net
1-866-348-8876

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online