SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#30632 - 10/30/06 02:11 PM Listen to this!
viocaia Offline

Loc: Romania/Norway
Hey Ketroners!
Listen to this REAL guitars in midifiles http://home.no.net/viocaia/ketron.htm
What do you think having a whole song from loops and samplings.
I heard soon will be ready an upgrade to 64M and faster procesor for SD1+...
If they can make a wave or mp3 player like Midjay have should be wonderful!!!
Vio

#30633 - 10/30/06 07:52 PM Re: Listen to this!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Vio,
sounds great.
Not sure I understand correctly , the songs are completely created from audio loops or are some of the instruments actually sounds from the ketron.? Have you actually used any pattern parts.

Obviously you've managed to do what you wanted. Congratulations.

I'm off on vacation in the morning so if you don't hear back from me, I'll catch up when I get back.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by viocaia:
[B]Hey Ketroners!

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#30634 - 10/31/06 02:36 AM Re: Listen to this!
viocaia Offline

Hey Rikki
There are only few riffs 'live' in a track of the mid.All the rest sounds are from SD1...
I think that can be done with styles too,as long as there is a way to assign wave to styles.
Vio

#30635 - 11/07/06 12:30 PM Re: Listen to this!
midimast Offline

Loc: Rhodes Greece
good work that sounds great . I was wondering you have to load the MSP to some memory and then asign to midi track. I try onse to to this and the result was very strange
the Msp sounded like 3octaves high (high frequence) and the same hapened with some ins sounds I had in Ram bank after that I give up
it only sucsees was when I record a midi from the arrranger using some sounds from the Ram bank (but with out effects . reverb and so .
I was wondering if you could give us a step to step lesson how to put from a sequenser like Sonar an Msp or a wave to a midi track and aply the effects on that

#30636 - 11/07/06 12:31 PM Re: Listen to this!
midimast Offline

Loc: Rhodes Greece
I make some MSP Files from Dry Wav sounds (akai sample CDs and put some reverb from the Msp options . But when the sound goes to midi track becomes dry like the original wav (is this a Sd1 Bug?)

[This message has been edited by midimast (edited 11-07-2006).]

#30637 - 11/07/06 05:14 PM Re: Listen to this!
viocaia Offline

Hey!
I faced the same problem.Even if I assign in the MSP editor all the effects..when is running from a midifile is dry...but if I play them on the keyboard sounds with all the effects.I think they made it like that,only for live playing.Maybe we should ask AJ about.
There are some interesting remarks about what I did...first of all, the keyboard is reading even 11khz waves.I'm using 22khz,sounds good and is half of data and loading time.I observed if I load 7 MSP in 7 banks,I got a Full Memory message,so I put them together.This way I could manage to load 6M (for now).In fact there are 5-6 waves-riffs..per song, like 1M of waves.The most impostant thing is the way to assign the waves to keys.Doesn't really matter to be strictly wave note by key note..like a sampler of C3 guitar notes to C3 key on the keyboard.It can be placed anywhere on the claviature.
After MSP is done and saved, is getting load in RAM-1,let's say.That means in the sequencer you need to call Bank 7 Patch 1.(or 0 in Cakewalk)
Bank 7 is for everything in the RAM.But...no effects,even if you write em in seq.All you need is passion and time!
Vio

[This message has been edited by viocaia (edited 11-07-2006).]

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online