SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#30591 - 10/30/02 11:51 AM OS-3.2---X1
Bryan conlon Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi, Iam still using OS--3.2 on my X1, and never bothered to upgrade. What am I missing out on --if anything?? By the way , I really like this forum and only came across it recently by accident---how long has it been going?? Thanks again--Bryan

#30592 - 11/11/02 06:00 AM Re: OS-3.2---X1
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Bryan,

I "upgraded" to OS 4 and have had small troubles with the vocalizer ever since. Microphone reverb levels go to max when you change styles. Reverb levels even go to max when you change variations within a style. If I use l&r out 3 and assign the microphone to 3 I lose all effects on the microphone. Sometimes the vocal harmony won't turn off. Don't upgrade to 4 if you don't have to. In fact could you email me OS 3 so I can try to get rid of some of these bugs? Thanks!

Tom Cavanaugh

Tom

#30593 - 11/11/02 12:37 PM Re: OS-3.2---X1
Bryan conlon Offline

Loc: Ireland
[No Problem Tom, Just remind me what to do as I,ve lost the manual somewhere. The X1 was 3.2 when I bought it so I didnt have to upgrade as far as I can remember . And, thanks for the advise!! Cheers/Bryan

#30594 - 11/12/02 06:11 AM Re: OS-3.2---X1
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Bryan,

You don't have 3.2 on diskette do you? I don't know how to put it on disk from the X1. I don't think the manual covers this. Thanks for the offer but I'm in no hurry. I hear a new version is on the way so I'll just wait and hope it fixes the problems.

Tom

Tom

#30595 - 11/12/02 09:56 PM Re: OS-3.2---X1
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Tom,
there is no way to save an operating system from the keyboard. You must get it from the website or from a floppy disk someone has already downloaded onto.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#30596 - 11/14/02 05:53 AM Re: OS-3.2---X1
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

George,

That's what I thought. I tried to find the Ketron FTP site because I thought maybe OS 3.?? might still be there but I couldn't find it from the Ketron home page. When I clicked on downloads all I could find was version 4. I tried www.ketron.it/ftp but that didn't work.

If you've read my reply to Bryan you know the troubles I am having with the vocalizer. Have you seen or heard of any of your customers or machines on your floor acting this way?

If I find version 3 what files do I backup to restore all my settings after the OS load?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online