SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#305546 - 11/21/01 01:40 PM I cannot change patches
Anonymous
Unregistered

If anyone could give me a comprehensive step-by-step on how to change patches (and, I suppose all control change parameters) on my JV1080 from Cakewalk Pro Audio and Cubase VST. In Cakewalk, with the JV in patch mode only channel 1 works.(no ch. 10 either). I have had similar results in Cubase. Thanks.

#305547 - 11/23/01 07:07 AM Re: I cannot change patches
DMC Offline

Loc: NY City
Quote:
Originally posted by jamstone:
If anyone could give me a comprehensive step-by-step on how to change patches (and, I suppose all control change parameters) on my JV1080 from Cakewalk Pro Audio and Cubase VST. In Cakewalk, with the JV in patch mode only channel 1 works.(no ch. 10 either). I have had similar results in Cubase. Thanks.

Get a book on midi and read it. It would take 20-30 pages to explain in step by step detail. In short, you need to insert control/parameter changes into the sequence/sequencer as midi data. This can be done in several ways. Most common is to have a model specific editor such as SGEdit run along side the sequencer, this is the best way because you can take advantage of every part of your equipment(effects, etc.). It can also be done by hand if you are familiar with sysex codes for your synth. Also check the cakewalk site for studiopanels and cubase site for scripts for your equipment, these act as editors for your equip.

Good luck,
DudeManCentral

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online