SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#305482 - 12/13/03 10:36 AM connecting asr 10 rack to Technics digital piano
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

I am new to the midi hookups, I sold my asr 10 sampling workstation and brought the rack version of the asr10. But I am having trouble getting it connected properly. The I have it connected when I play a song seq loaded on the asr 10 the song is played using the piano sounds instead of the actual sounds loaded in the asr 10. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

#305483 - 12/14/03 06:46 AM Re: connecting asr 10 rack to Technics digital piano
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I'm a little confused about what your problem is. I would think that when you play a sequence on the ASR-10 rack then the sounds from it's audio outputs are correct. The Technics piano will only produce the sounds it has onboard. So you could direct any piano parts in your sequence to the Technics but all the other sounds will still have to come from the ASR-10 and you would mix the two sets of outputs together.

#305484 - 12/14/03 09:51 PM Re: connecting asr 10 rack to Technics digital piano
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
I'm a little confused about what your problem is. I would think that when you play a sequence on the ASR-10 rack then the sounds from it's audio outputs are correct. The Technics piano will only produce the sounds it has onboard. So you could direct any piano parts in your sequence to the Technics but all the other sounds will still have to come from the ASR-10 and you would mix the two sets of outputs together.

What I am trying to do is use the technics piano to control the rack ASR 10. So instead of using the the onboard sound of the technics I want to hear the sound loaded in the asr 10 when I press the keys of the technic digital piano.. Currently when I when I play seq loaded in the asr 10 the sound is produced using the technics sounds instead of the sounds loaded in the asr 10. Thanks for your help.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online