SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#305426 - 09/18/00 02:59 PM Please help, I can't hear my kb's sounds using MIDI
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm using cakewalk pro audio 9, I have the soundblaster live card, and a roland jv80. I hooked up the midi cables to the sound card, and I set up the mixer, but the only sounds I hear are from the sound card's MIDI library, not my JV80. How can I hear the sounds from my JV80 using MIDI? I'm new to MIDI and I'm going nuts tring to figurethis out! HELP! Please.

#305427 - 09/18/00 03:34 PM Re: Please help, I can't hear my kb's sounds using MIDI
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
First of all you need to establish that your soundcard is sending midi data to your Roland. Check in your windows control panel (under multimedia) that the MIDI playback goes to the midi output and not the internal synthesiser.
Now make sure you can hear your keyboard through your mixer. Just play the keyboard and check the audio is working.
Ok, if both of these are done, try playing a midi file on the pc using media player. It should play the keyboard. To combine the wave playback of the soundcard and midi output to the roland, you need to assign the midi outs of different tracks appropriately. Perhaps a cakewalk expert can help you out here.

Simon

------------------
http://www.svpworld.com

#305428 - 09/18/00 04:04 PM Re: Please help, I can't hear my kb's sounds using MIDI
Anonymous
Unregistered

I tried it and it still doesn't work. I'll call cakewalk and let the NG know the results. thanks

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online