SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#305347 - 11/11/00 11:56 AM MIDI-Style-Atlas Egroup
Clif Anderson Offline

I have just started a new egroup at . Its goal is to collect and encourage development of regionally and culturally evocative MIDIs and Styles (all brands welcome). There are no files yet for your to download, but that should change.
http://www.egroups.com/group/MIDI-Style-Atlas

[This message has been edited by Clif Anderson (edited 11-11-2000).]

#305348 - 11/12/00 07:05 AM Re: MIDI-Style-Atlas Egroup
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Hello Clif,
Excellent initiative. This will finally urge me to sort the +5000 styles on my pc.
There will be a heavely demand of EMC styleconverter though...Unless someone purchased the Casio MZ 2000.
You can just cut and paste midifiles to create styles on this keyboard..
I guess you need a sub-sub directory structure in the e-group file area for each style format, you will soon run out of space. (*sty*stl*pat etc..)
fred

Note: You should add "NO COMMERCIAL STYLES" as you would soon have problems with the commercial producers of styles.
I think most of us know this but nevertheless
its better to mention

[This message has been edited by freddynl (edited 11-12-2000).]

#305349 - 12/04/00 05:53 AM Re: MIDI-Style-Atlas Egroup
Clif Anderson Offline

Hi Fred

I do not monitor this forum very frequently, but thanks for your comments. I have added a statement requesting that commercial styles not be uploaded without authorization. I do think it is possible that we can get authorization to upload some commercial styles, so I cannot exclude them categorically.

On running out of space. 20MB is not much. The 'Atlas group will spawn regional subgroups for "heavily populated" regions. I have 100MB of unused web space for archiving.

Clif

[This message has been edited by Clif Anderson (edited 12-04-2000).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online