Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#305217 - 05/26/07 10:11 PM Re: Tyros 2 copy styles
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Reinhold:
Ok: one part is replaced by one different part. But the two concerned parts may internally consist of a different numbers of midi channels. It is easy to understand: just open a style in your software sequencer and check the number of midi channels with the same prg# number. Some guitar parts in Tyros consist of up to 4, 5 or even more midi channels. I know it, I have made some of them.

Reinhold

So Reinhold,
Is it then possible to merge these "same instrument" midi channels ontp one channel thereby fixing the "full memory" problem?
I ask this because I've come across styles that I can not even open in my psr 2100's style creator without getting a "stop memory full" message.
Thank you,
Jim

#305218 - 05/26/07 11:13 PM Re: Tyros 2 copy styles
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Reinhold. I think you will find that the other midi tracks containing the same PRG No refer and used when changing the chord from Major to Minor particularly Intro's & Endings.

All Yamaha Styles are made up this way.

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 05-26-2007).]

#305219 - 05/27/07 04:05 AM Re: Tyros 2 copy styles
OldNewb Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
Reinhold. I think you will find that the other midi tracks containing the same PRG No refer and used when changing the chord from Major to Minor particularly Intro's & Endings.
All Yamaha Styles are made up this way.
[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 05-26-2007).]

To all experienced yamaha style enthusiests:

Ok so is there any other suggestions how I can/should tweak a style that I can not even open in my psr 2100's style creater without getting a "full memory" message?
I would gladly e-mail you the style with my wish-list changes if you can and would help me.
I humbly ask please,
Thank you,
Jim

#305220 - 05/27/07 10:44 AM Re: Tyros 2 copy styles
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
OldNewb. Yamaha Style files have improved over the past few years and are now more complex so the files have become larger. Earlier models such as your 2100 cannot load these larger filed styles.
Michael Bedseem has produced some free programs Style Management Series that can reduce and trim such a styles size. Check out this link.
http://www.svpworld.com/psr_software.htm

#305221 - 06/03/07 12:54 PM Re: Tyros 2 copy styles
Reinhold Offline

Loc: Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by OldNewb:
To all experienced yamaha style enthusiests:

Ok so is there any other suggestions how I can/should tweak a style that I can not even open in my psr 2100's style creater without getting a "full memory" message?
I would gladly e-mail you the style with my wish-list changes if you can and would help me.

Hi Jim, sorry for the delay, I was "on the road". Please send me your style and your wish-list. Right now I have here a Tyros2, a Tyros, a PSR-9000, an A-1000 turkish version, a PSR-403 and some computers and tools. So there is no PSR-2100, but I will see what I can do.
Best wishes,

Reinhold

Please send your data to
highkey7 "at" yahoo "dot" com

#305222 - 06/03/07 07:25 PM Re: Tyros 2 copy styles
OldNewb Offline

Thank you Reinhold for the kind offer, but I was able to get what I needed.
I first removed all ots then I was able to edit and save the style usingg style creator, then I was also able to place ots back...I'm good to go.
Jim

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online