SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#305194 - 11/24/05 08:49 PM Tyros2 In Australia
robkeith1 Offline

What is it about Aussies and new anything! latest news is Jan 06 sometime for the T2, and yet Piens in Europe are currently tripping over thier stock of T2. I'm sick of being a second class purchaser. And yet when you buy online from o/seas you cant support the local dealers trying to do thier best to provide a product. We are not second class in Australia, and we are entitled to be treated the same as all other places in the world. So come on Yamaha, and other manufacturers help me to support my local dealers

#305195 - 11/25/05 04:42 PM Re: Tyros2 In Australia
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Rob,
it sucks.
I was at least hoping to see a Tyros2 in the next few days, so I could decide whether to wait till next year to get one or just go ahead & get the PSR3000.

Well , I found out I wouldn't even get to see one till early next year, ( let alone own one) but after hubby having negotiated a really good price on a psr3 k, guess what, the dealer rang back & said they won't be available till early next year either.

It appears not too many of the dealers keep a psr3k in stock either. I certainly don't feel like chasing all over Aust. to track one down.

Guess what though, new PSR300k's were being sold on Aussie Ebay, and I'm fairly certain the guy wasn't a music store as some of the other inventory he was selling , were items like camera's. (Wish now I'd kept note of who it was.)

Nice to be able to GRIPE!!!

Certainly never had this problem with my Technics keyboards.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by robkeith1:
[B]What

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#305196 - 11/25/05 11:14 PM Re: Tyros2 In Australia
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Rikki, does that mean you have finally decided that software can't quite replace a dedicated arranger keyboard still ? Just curious, that's all because I know you have been setting up software equivalent environments on your PC.

#305197 - 11/26/05 02:18 PM Re: Tyros2 In Australia
robkeith Offline

Yeah, I'm really disapointed, allthough i have found out the a new customs software pack in Melbourne is slowing all deliveries, acc to my local dealer, come on Yamaha fly in the stock to those who are putting thier money on the line, lets catch up to the rest of the world

#305198 - 11/26/05 03:50 PM Re: Tyros2 In Australia
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Nigel,
no , I'm not giving up my software arranger system. It's based around my Clavinova piano. Mines a straight digital piano not the arranger version. Laptop/OMB/Soundfonts
add the arranger functions my piano lacks.

The keyboard cropped up because, hubby out of the blue, offered to buy me one.
I think I'm just going thru this " I wanna new toy too!! syndrome," everybody else has got one".
Hard habit to break after nearly 20 years. Maybe by the time stocks arrive, I won't want one anymore. haahaa

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nigel:
[B]Rikki, does that mean you have finally decided that software can't quite replace a dedicated arranger keyboard still ?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#305199 - 11/27/05 02:23 AM Re: Tyros2 In Australia
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Rikki, it sounds like your hubby really loves you and likes to keep you happy. And I am only hearing good things about the Tyros 2 so it does sound like a very desirable keyboard to have. I may even replace my Motif 6 with one in the future if it is as good as everyone is saying. While the arranger features aren't the primary reason for me to buy a keyboard I miss having that capability on the Motif 6 when I'm at home away from my band. If I could have a keyboard that filled all my requirements then that would be be a big plus.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 11-27-2005).]

#305200 - 11/27/05 02:54 PM Re: Tyros2 In Australia
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Nigel,
actually that's why I ended up going for a laptop when I decided to go software based. My sounds, arranger software, sequencers etc all reside in my computer. Only thing I haven't got is a portable controller . I was going to use my DGX305 but it's too big for my little Audi on car trips.
Must admit a while back,I'd been toying with the idea of getting something like the 61 note motiff and using it with laptop/omb software, but sometimes it might be easier to just turn on an arranger and use the onboard styles ( no tweaking required ). There again for just $50 it's great to be able to turn a computer & synth into an arranger workstation. haa haa.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nigel:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online